Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

The Alien1/8900 is a totally different box, as it is built with the ST7111 chipset whereas the Alien2/SAB/GM is built with the ST7162 chipset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

lads i loaded up champs new atv image to see what its like and everything is fine except im getting the spinner and freezing and crashin on the terrestrial channels. any ideas whats going on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

championc wrote: »
    The Alien1/8900 is a totally different box, as it is built with the ST7111 chipset whereas the Alien2/SAB/GM is built with the ST7162 chipset.

will the plugin / db work on it ?

how.gareth wrote: »
    lads i loaded up champs new atv image to see what its like and everything is fine except im getting the spinner and freezing and crashin on the terrestrial channels. any ideas whats going on?

Obviously in Blanch, I would assume you're on Three Rock too. I can only suggest re-scanning. Is your terrestrial signal on the weak side ? Maybe it's trying to lock onto a weak signal ?

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

signal strenght is 89% and never gave a problem before, i will do a fresh scan and see what happens, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 decoydonkey

I installed championc's OpenATV 4.2 that was uploaded on 19/12/2014. Deploying the image seemed to work OK. I set the date and time to the current and all the bouquets and picons are in place.

But, no matter what I try all channels when selected just display a black screen. I tried running an auto scan of the satellites but it didn't work. The signal coming from the dish seems to be fine as all channels work as expected when I boot to Spark.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a complete noob please? Am I missing something simple?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Nowso wrote: »
    will the plugin / db work on it ?

They should be compatible allright.
    Most of the Enigma 2 plugins work on either receiver.

Btw here is a copy of my Hyperion 4 backup for the Alien 1 if anyone wants to try it
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zmzjuf7917rzgni/AABNKrJ-4IhaHTx95kLGB1c3a?dl=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Technofobe wrote: »
    Is the standby ( power ) led green on everyones openATV
    Many thanks :-)
    Can anyone answer this
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Can anyone answer this
    Cheers

No colour. Only red in standby, or you can disable it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

I use my Enigma 2 for watching sat or terrestrial TV, but wondered does anyone use any of the web streaming addons.

Seems to be many from TSMedia and add ons in XBMC like 1Channel etc. Anytime I look at the online stuff it is either is not available or stutters or is bad quality (I have a very good fiber download speed so dont think thats the issue as streaming over netflix is perfect).

I am interested in moving away from torrents, so would love to have any online plugin recommendations for this box?

or thoughts about how good the online streaming is as a replacement to live sat feeds at all on this box?

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    No colour. Only red in standby, or you can disable it
    Thanks for the reply :-)

So is your's red in standby using openatv ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I installed championc's OpenATV 4.2 that was uploaded on 19/12/2014. Deploying the image seemed to work OK. I set the date and time to the current and all the bouquets and picons are in place.

But, no matter what I try all channels when selected just display a black screen. I tried running an auto scan of the satellites but it didn't work. The signal coming from the dish seems to be fine as all channels work as expected when I boot to Spark.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a complete noob please? Am I missing something simple?

Hi,
    I use TSMedia 1channel and rather than stream, I select download.
    I then start watching the movie around 30 minutes later and watch it while it downloads.

This gets aroud any buffering issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

cork_south wrote: »
    Hi,
    I use TSMedia 1channel and rather than stream, I select download.
    I then start watching the movie around 30 minutes later and watch it while it downloads.

This gets aroud any buffering issue.
    Will try that. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply :-)

So is your's red in standby using openatv ?

Thanks

No, i turned it off. Shocking bright led.

No, i turned it off. Shocking bright led.
    I wonder is there something wiggy with the drivers in mine
    The led is green on mine when the box is on or in standby or deep standby
    If I switch it off in menu /setup/system/extended system/display
    It still stays on does not switch off
    Do not have this issue with spark or hyper 4 led works red as expected
    But openatv the led is green and wont switch off
    Thanks for the reply

After you select off and save, try a reboot. Just to see.

After you select off and save, try a reboot. Just to see.
    Thanks for the reply
    Had tried that
    saved and rebooted and cycled power as well but no joy :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone know how to get ts media on the open atv 4.1

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭soram

Hi,
    So I bought an AA2+ from TVTrade at the weekend. For the life of me I couldn't get the Enigma to work so I switched to Spark and got the Saorview and Sat channels all dialed in. So I know my dish and antenna are fine. Also formatted and mounted a 500GB hdd as ext3.

I thought I'd have another go at Enigma and after reading the many threads thought I'd try Hyperion first. I downloaded FreshPots latest 4.5 image (Post 354 in the Firmware thread) and it seemed fine - for a couple of minutes. I had no Saorview channels but the SATs were fine. Found the tuner was set to Australia so I set it to IRL, scanned and got the channels. For a minute on RTE 1 when the box froze. Booted again but it froze again as soon as I hit the EPG button. Booted again but it only lasted a couple of seconds before freezing. I thought it might be the hdd for the EPG so I reflashed it and mounted the hdd first before scanning for Saorview. No joy - still crashing. I get a bit further sometimes with the EPG but generally it seems to be unusable after a minute or so or after pressing a button or two.

I did also go to the CrossEPG and download the UK XML channels. I got a ton of stuff in the EPG then but still crashes after a few button presses. One time I got a green screen.

Is there something I am missing that I need to do? I got the impression the Hyperion was supposed to be pretty stable?

Cheers

Have you pointed crossepg and such towards your hdd?

• Advertisement

anyone know how to get ts media on the open atv 4.1

Here'sa link to the one i use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk5bpnxggn1eg4o/TSmedia.rar?dl=0

Ftp to your box, then the path is usr-lib-enigma2-python-plugins-extensions.

Transfer it over, reboot box and then use.

soram wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I bought an AA2+ from TVTrade at the weekend. For the life of me I couldn't get the Enigma to work so I switched to Spark and got the Saorview and Sat channels all dialed in. So I know my dish and antenna are fine. Also formatted and mounted a 500GB hdd as ext3.

I thought I'd have another go at Enigma and after reading the many threads thought I'd try Hyperion first. I downloaded FreshPots latest 4.5 image (Post 354 in the Firmware thread) and it seemed fine - for a couple of minutes. I had no Saorview channels but the SATs were fine. Found the tuner was set to Australia so I set it to IRL, scanned and got the channels. For a minute on RTE 1 when the box froze. Booted again but it froze again as soon as I hit the EPG button. Booted again but it only lasted a couple of seconds before freezing. I thought it might be the hdd for the EPG so I reflashed it and mounted the hdd first before scanning for Saorview. No joy - still crashing. I get a bit further sometimes with the EPG but generally it seems to be unusable after a minute or so or after pressing a button or two.

I did also go to the CrossEPG and download the UK XML channels. I got a ton of stuff in the EPG then but still crashes after a few button presses. One time I got a green screen.

Is there something I am missing that I need to do? I got the impression the Hyperion was supposed to be pretty stable?

Cheers
    As suggested by Hallo Dare go into cross epg and make sure its saving to HDD
    Failing that head over to the openATV website and download a clean copy
    and setup from scratch
    Here https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwh3c8iwoojo9xt/openatv-4.2-amikoalien-20141223_usb.zip?dl=0
    Downloaded today

Or my back up here
    and rescan terrestial
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qvurr26namahyl/Backup%20openATV%20%2013-12-14.7z?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ac2000

Hi,

Could anyone tell what enigma 2 image is suitable for the Alien Mini? Is it the same as the Alien 1 8900?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Here'sa link to the one i use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk5bpnxggn1eg4o/TSmedia.rar?dl=0

Ftp to your box, then the path is usr-lib-enigma2-python-plugins-extensions.

Transfer it over, reboot box and then use.
    thank you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

Hi,

Cheers

Hi Soram,

when the system crashes your TV will display blue/green screen with a log file of the offending component/plugin.

If you could relay this info someone may be able to help you.

But....the most likely culprit it the external HDD, my personal experience here is that E2 is not mounting it correctly and something is trying to access it. Turn everything off at the power source, unplug the HDD, reboot, go to the settings and configure the HDD correctly. Re-boot.

Hi Soram,

when the system crashes your TV will display blue/green screen with a log file of the offending component/plugin.

If you could relay this info someone may be able to help you.

But....the most likely culprit it the external HDD, my personal experience here is that E2 is not mounting it correctly and something is trying to access it. Turn everything off at the power source, unplug the HDD, reboot, go to the settings and configure the HDD correctly. Re-boot.

Thanks all for the info. The green screen I'm pretty sure was from the Cool plugin. I've checked the HDD is mounted several times but maybe I made a mistake or am misunderstanding where it needs to be mounted and how the EPG needs to be pointed there. It is definitely something to do with the EPG. I'll have another go this evening!

Cheers

Thanks all for the info. The green screen I'm pretty sure was from the Cool plugin. I've checked the HDD is mounted several times but maybe I made a mistake or am misunderstanding where it needs to be mounted and how the EPG needs to be pointed there. It is definitely something to do with the EPG. I'll have another go this evening!

Cheers

CoolTVGuide can be a real pain the way it prompts for needing to be updated. Thankfully, OpenATV has an admirable replacement with it's inbuilt version. Another plugin which invariably throws a wobbler is Permanent Timeshift, so if it's installed, I'd suggest removing this first before anything else.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

BopperSnr wrote: »
    I use my Enigma 2 for watching sat or terrestrial TV, but wondered does anyone use any of the web streaming addons.

Seems to be many from TSMedia and add ons in XBMC like 1Channel etc. Anytime I look at the online stuff it is either is not available or stutters or is bad quality (I have a very good fiber download speed so dont think thats the issue as streaming over netflix is perfect).

I am interested in moving away from torrents, so would love to have any online plugin recommendations for this box?

or thoughts about how good the online streaming is as a replacement to live sat feeds at all on this box?

I use the Rte Player on it and the 1channel standalone app too.
    The Rte player works well but 1channel is finicky.
    I find the best streams are provided by Novamov ,alot of the other streams are broken or stutter.
    I have also used the HasBahca IPTV plugin lately ,its not bad .

To be honest I just use my MX2 android tv box for any streaming ,it is much better at streaming ,has loads more apps ,xbmc ,and only cost me 60 euro.

championc wrote: »
    CoolTVGuide can be a real pain the way it prompts for needing to be updated. Thankfully, OpenATV has an admirable replacement with it's inbuilt version. Another plugin which invariably throws a wobbler is Permanent Timeshift, so if it's installed, I'd suggest removing this first before anything else.

I downloaded and flashed Champions OpenATV image and it seems to be pretty good. I can watch SAT and Terrestrial and can Timeshift. I was worried about the Cross EPG as I cannot seem to see my HDD in the Plugin. I know it is mounted as I can see it in the info menu item as RW and I assume as I can time shift it is OK. I can also see it in the normal EPG setup menu. Is this something to worry about in the CrossEPG? I can only see internal and OAS...

I have also just pressed the EPG button while watching RTE One. It brought up the EPG screen with the RTE in PIP. I then pressed INFO and the box is now frozen with RTE playing on in PIP and the EPG screen displayed - not reacting to any buttons and a red rectangle spinning endlessly in the top left corner.

Any ideas on what might be happening and what I need to do for the CrossEPG?

Cheers

• Advertisement

in the CrossEPG? I can only see internal and OAS...
    What make of drive is it as open atv on mine shows the choice as internal or maxtor III
    as my drive is maxtor one touch 3

So it may be the name of your hard drive :-)
    Ther images just seem to say HDD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement