Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

gazzer wrote: »
    Anybody :(

I'm using Fresh Pots Hv4 image with TSMedia 7.91 and just tested IceFilms 1 and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Hyperion v4.5 has been released.

http://www.pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=87&p=93746#p93746

Won't have a chance to test it myself til this evening.

Can you upload a copy?
    Registering on a polish site is a bit painful. :-D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Can you upload a copy?

Thanks

:eek::mad::( Agreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Can you upload a copy?

Thanks
    Thanks to our friends at linux sat support
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=72494
    Hyperion 4.5

Wait looks like this may be for amiko 8900 :-(

But good news Zardoz has posted a copy too :-) look below

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Technofobe wrote: »
    Thanks to our friends at linux sat support
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=72494
    Hyperion 4.5

Or here in the repository for the Alien 2 that is regularly updated

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Have you tried updating ts media
    Not using hyper 4 at the moment
    I think the last time i was using it the version was 6.9 but would not swear to it
    I seem to remember an option within ts media to update

I upgraded earlier today to 7.96 and it is terrible. Apart from Tune In Radio nothing seems to work. Any link I tried would not open. Also the box rebooted a number of times when I searched for files.

gazzer wrote: »
    I upgraded earlier today to 7.96 and it is terrible. Apart from Tune In Radio nothing seems to work. Any link I tried would not open. Also the box rebooted a number of times when I searched for files.
    Try uninstal ( remove plugin )
    and then download again
    see how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Giving Hyp 4.5 a go. So far all seems well, with no obvious major changes.
    Had the usual fun getting the HDD mounted (some things saw it, others didn't).
    AC3 audio is still low. I will need an auto-volume IPK if anyone has a link.
    Terrestrial is still slow too.

Zardoz posted this audioboost for hyper 4 may work
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACYQMYn350lSHjcW6tL5WWaa/Hyperion%204%20Specific%20Files/Boost%20Audio%20Levels?dl=0

PKT are pretty stubborn guys.
    There are fixes developed by Datadevil to boost the general audio levels,fix the ac3 audio levels being low compared to mp3,and many other fixes but they seem loathe to include them in their official releases.

• Advertisement

Thanks Technofobe, I have that patch but it doesn't seem to work with 4.5. The other auto-volume plugin is not fitted or listed for download

Thanks Technofobe, I have that patch but it doesn't seem to work with 4.5. The other auto-volume plugin is not fitted or listed for download

Here you go
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3zog11tj5qcozi/AutomaticVolumeAdjustment.zip?dl=0
    Put it in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins

Did you make sure that you changed the patch files attributes to 755 ?
    The modified rcS file has 3 lines of additional code so you could try adding that to the default rcs file in v4.5 as it may be different to v4

/usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set Analog playback '60%' unmute &
    /usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set SPDIF playback '60%' unmute &
    /usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set HDMI playback '60%' unmute &

Is the open atv plugin server down ?
    Tried to download some picons for open atv and it keeps failing to download
    also says no updates available

Just as a sidetopic I have downloaded and installed some picons for openATV 4.2 on AA2+
    put them in a folder media/hdd/usr/share/enigma2/picon

The picons do show in the EPG no problem

But the main info window that pops up when you change channel still shows the ATV Icon & not the picon
    the picons are 220 x132 32 bit any Ideas on how to display the picons on the main window
    Cheers
    A simple change
    put it in /media/hdd/picon
    worked a treat picons now showing on main window :-)

Much obliged Technofobe (and Zardoz):)
    Will give it a go tomorrow when the box isn't busy

EDIT: Doh! forgot to reset permissions on amixer file. This patch DOES work with 4.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

So far it doesn't look like Hyperion v4.5 is anything to get too excited about. Still has the same old quirks.

So far it doesn't look like Hyperion v4.5 is anything to get too excited about. Still has the same old quirks.
    The only difference I can see is better HD picture quality but that is a subjective observation. I noticed CrossEPG doesn't take over the box while downloading now but that might be directly related to it being a newer version rather than Hyperion.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

I remember when v4 came out. Wasn't overly impressed initially, as it didn't seem like much of a change from v3. However the changes made it much more stable and consistent.
    Any obvious improvements / disimprovments? (Hope to get at it later or tomorrow)
    Has anyone with the newest boxes tried this version yet ? Still issues with the T2 tuner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

The only difference I can see is better HD picture quality but that is a subjective observation. I noticed CrossEPG doesn't take over the box while downloading now but that might be directly related to it being a newer version rather than Hyperion.
    Yeah thats the newer version of crossepg that doesn't take over the box when downloading (0.8.1)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I am having an odd problem with OpenATV, everything is working fine till I record something. E.g I record CH4 HD and switch back to RTE the picture keeps breaking up, when I stop the recording the Picture goes blank, box hasn't hung or anything. I have to do a reboot to get the picture back. This has also happened to satellite CH

Has anyone else come across this?

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Here you go
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3zog11tj5qcozi/AutomaticVolumeAdjustment.zip?dl=0
    Put it in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins

Did you make sure that you changed the patch files attributes to 755 ?
    The modified rcS file has 3 lines of additional code so you could try adding that to the default rcs file in v4.5 as it may be different to v4

/usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set Analog playback '60%' unmute &
    /usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set SPDIF playback '60%' unmute &
    /usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set HDMI playback '60%' unmute &

Trying this out now myself as I was having to many issues with OpenATV which files do I need to change to 755?

I am having an odd problem with OpenATV, everything is working fine till I record something. E.g I record CH4 HD and switch back to RTE the picture keeps breaking up, when I stop the recording the Picture goes blank, box hasn't hung or anything. I have to do a reboot to get the picture back. This has also happened to satellite CH

Has anyone else come across this?
    Had the same issue myself today openATV 4.2 updated in last few days
    I was recording strictly for wifey
    She decided to watch it instead so I stopped the recording and the picture vanished I could go to a different station and that would work but when I went back to strictly on BBC 1 no picture or sound
    Bummer
    went into menu restart gui
    waited for the reboot
    after restart RTE as the default startup channel worked fine went back to bbc 1 still no picture
    Killed the power waited 30 seconds
    rebooted
    back to BBC 1 picture and sound but it was short lived picture was breaking up and then froze
    triple bummer wifey now giving me the dead eye
    Booted into spark to watch the end of the program:(
    OOPS

Had the same issue myself today openATV 4.2 updated in last few days
    I was recording strictly for wifey
    She decided to watch it instead so I stopped the recording and the picture vanished I could go to a different station and that would work but when I went back to strictly on BBC 1 no picture or sound
    Bummer
    went into menu restart gui
    waited for the reboot
    after restart RTE as the default startup channel worked fine went back to bbc 1 still no picture
    Killed the power waited 30 seconds
    rebooted
    back to BBC 1 picture and sound but it was short lived picture was breaking up and then froze
    triple bummer wifey now giving me the dead eye
    Booted into spark to watch the end of the program:(
    OOPS

I am getting the same thing now on Hyperion V4.5, Although I am using the same Metrix Skin so I might try another skin to rule that out.

** Changed it back to the PK_Silver skin no issues so far so it looks like its the skin causing the problems?

I am getting the same thing now on Hyperion V4.5, Although I am using the same Metrix Skin so I might try another skin to rule that out.

** Changed it back to the PK_Silver skin no issues so far so it looks like its the skin causing the problems?
    yeah im using metrix skin too but I have been doing some serious messing with 32 bit picons wich are installed on the hdd so every time I change channel it looks to the hdd for the picon I read somewhere this can cause problems if the drive is asleep
    The picons folder is 50 meg

I think that may be slowing down the box but the drive should not have been sleeping as I had just stopped the recording

yeah im using metrix skin too but I have been doing some serious messing with 32 bit picons wich are installed on the hdd so every time I change channel it looks to the hdd for the picon I read somewhere this can cause problems if the drive is asleep
    The picons folder is 50 meg

I think that may be slowing down the box but the drive should not have been sleeping as I had just stopped the recording

I don't have any picons installed at all, reloading OATV now to try a different skin. I liked how clean the Metrix one was

** No issues on OATV Default Skin Unless I record 2 HD Channels and watch 1 HD Channel at the same time, The channel I am watching gets all pixelated

Scrub that just lost all Channels except for the one recording.

Homebrew UTVI Saorview picon if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

to answer my own question from earlier. Hyperion 4.5 does tune the terrestrial channels on the newest AA2+ boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Thanks Gerry Wicklow for the picon.
    Noob alert! How do I put the picon in. I have UTV Ireland scanned in and put it in my favourites bouquet, but I have no idea how to add in the picon.

Thanks

mrbloop wrote: »
    Thanks Gerry Wicklow for the picon.
    Noob alert! How do I put the picon in. I have UTV Ireland scanned in and put it in my favourites bouquet, but I have no idea how to add in the picon.

Thanks
    FTP it into /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon
    Use Filezilla if you need an FTP program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Thanks Gerry Wicklow.
    It looks good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement