Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

Technofobe wrote: »
    What make of drive is it as open atv on mine shows the choice as internal or maxtor III
    as my drive is maxtor one touch 3

So it may be the name of your hard drive :-)
    Ther images just seem to say HDD

Right - it may be just OAS is the drive. I have no idea as I reformatted it to Linux in Spark and no idea what it then called the drive....I'll keep going so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

soram wrote: »
    Right - it may be just OAS is the drive. I have no idea as I reformatted it to Linux in Spark and no idea what it then called the drive....I'll keep going so......
    Ah yeah sure theres no fun in giving up too easily :-)
    if you suspect cooltv or cross epg to be giving trouble just uninstall them
    go to plugins / remove plugins

you can download them again if the issue is resolved to see which is causing the problem

Also when you mentioned earlier that hyperion was the most stable
    I suspect most people were talking about hyperion 4 and not hyperion 4.5 as thats only pretty new

hyper 4 backup attached if you feel the urge to test
    This was my main day to day runner before openATV
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bh37qsyxbtpo4yx/AAB2U5aiIHiQsnUefkchWXIca?dl=0
    Login root
    password Scooby/2014

I would suggest downloading a fresh copy ( not a backup ) if you are experiencing issues
    also check out dremboxedit great piece of software for editing chanell lists ( boquets ) drag and drop easy to use

Thanks for the support!

Had OpenATV just working but i will need to edit the lists. I'll download the editor later. Then I made the mistake of launching the RTE Player fo rthe gas. Bad idea - played for abut 5 seconds then went dark but with sound. Trying to get out of it showed up garbled menus. I had to reflash it :(
    Just reflashed with Hyperion 4.5 again for the gas........Onwards....Your 4.0 will be next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks for the support!

Had OpenATV just working but i will need to edit the lists. I'll download the editor later. Then I made the mistake of launching the RTE Player fo rthe gas. Bad idea - played for abut 5 seconds then went dark but with sound. Trying to get out of it showed up garbled menus. I had to reflash it :(
    Just reflashed with Hyperion 4.5 again for the gas........Onwards....Your 4.0 will be next!

I'd almost put money on it that you'd have the se problems with 4.0 that you have with 4.5. Once you have 4.5 set up properly you won't be getting any green screens.

Thanks for the support!

also make sure that when quitting from any online plugin to press stop
    dont just exit

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    I'd almost put money on it that you'd have the se problems with 4.0 that you have with 4.5. Once you have 4.5 set up properly you won't be getting any green screens.

Right - me head's melted with the Hyperion image. Too many unexpected crashes on some button combinations though the skin looks nicer and wife friendlier. Too many of the crashes need a reflash too rather than a reboot!

I went back to the OpenATV image and with the DreamboxEdit it is quite nice too. Way better I think in the timeshift and on screen info for the average user.

So thought I was sorted except the EPG was not showing all the data. So I went in to the CrossEPG setup - made sure it was pointing to my hdd - told it to download (what I have no idea) after 5 minutes it crashed the box and went into an infinite boot loop displaying CrossEPG on the LED front screen. I rebooted and seemed to have lost nothing but there is no real EPG data. There are a gansey load of setting in the CrossEPG menu - any idea what might need to be set here for the Saorview and regular UK channels such as BBC etc? I can probably guess some but a quick hint would be great! And when selected what do I need to do? I'm guessing a first download before the automated then kicks in someway but what's with the csv convert and the rest of the stuff? Do I need to bother with any of that?

Once again many thanks!

Right - me head's melted with the Hyperion image. Too many unexpected crashes on some button combinations though the skin looks nicer and wife friendlier. Too many of the crashes need a reflash too rather than a reboot!

I went back to the OpenATV image and with the DreamboxEdit it is quite nice too. Way better I think in the timeshift and on screen info for the average user.

So thought I was sorted except the EPG was not showing all the data. So I went in to the CrossEPG setup - made sure it was pointing to my hdd - told it to download (what I have no idea) after 5 minutes it crashed the box and went into an infinite boot loop displaying CrossEPG on the LED front screen. I rebooted and seemed to have lost nothing but there is no real EPG data. There are a gansey load of setting in the CrossEPG menu - any idea what might need to be set here for the Saorview and regular UK channels such as BBC etc? I can probably guess some but a quick hint would be great! And when selected what do I need to do? I'm guessing a first download before the automated then kicks in someway but what's with the csv convert and the rest of the stuff? Do I need to bother with any of that?

Once again many thanks!

Update: I just went to the EPG again after the reboot but it went totally ts up. Unresponsive, black, no LED display. Another reflash......

Last comment for the night! Not sure I understand this comment. I downloaded your image that I assumed you had setup and was working and had submitted to the thread. But it came up with the Scandinavian tuner and you are saying when I get it 'set up properly'. I assumed you had that done? Are there setup items that are not stored in / transferred to the image that I need to now worry about but nobody really knows?

Last comment for the night! Not sure I understand this comment. I downloaded your image that I assumed you had setup and was working and had submitted to the thread. But it came up with the Scandinavian tuner and you are saying when I get it 'set up properly'. I assumed you had that done? Are there setup items that are not stored in / transferred to the image that I need to now worry about but nobody really knows?

What I meant was once you mount your hard drive and get the saorview channels tuned in for your area they're shouldn't be any problems. Neither of these things can be done in a backup image. The saorview channels will only work straight away if you happen to be on the same transmitter as me.Otherwise you need to do a rescan for your own area.

Choose Republic of Ireland,all regions(ie) from the list of terrestrial providers when your doing a scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭championc

Once again many thanks!

Are you using my Image ? I think I might have an explanation for your issue with CrossEPG. I set the time to update from NTP but it seems there must be an issue of some sort because my clock last night was an hour wrong ..... PLUS 10 days !!! So it said 13 Dec.

I'll have a look properly tonight but for now, I'm just going to change it to Transponder.

And so, because the date was wrong, the whole EPG was blank.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Are you using my Image ? I think I might have an explanation for your issue with CrossEPG. I set the time to update from NTP but it seems there must be an issue of some sort because my clock last night was an hour wrong ..... PLUS 10 days !!! So it said 13 Dec.

I'll have a look properly tonight but for now, I'm just going to change it to Transponder.

Ah - now - I'll have a look at that this evening. It is your image, yes, and everything else seemed perfect. I did notice on one image, but can't remember which one now, that the time display on the EPG was different to that on the front LED panel by 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

dug out my AA2+ and flashed it with championc's OpenATV image at the weekend. All looks grand, except the iPlayer plugin doesn't appear to be working. Checked my xbmc installations on the PC and various rpis and found that iplayer is banjaxed on them all. New iplayer plugin for kodi out (version 2.6.10) - is there a way to drop this into the AA2?

thanks in advance, and merry Christmas :)

Lpfsox wrote: »
    dug out my AA2+ and flashed it with championc's OpenATV image at the weekend. All looks grand, except the iPlayer plugin doesn't appear to be working. Checked my xbmc installations on the PC and various rpis and found that iplayer is banjaxed on them all. New iplayer plugin for kodi out (version 2.6.10) - is there a way to drop this into the AA2?

thanks in advance, and merry Christmas :)

Champ has xbmc (kodi) in his latest image. Probably easy enough to add in from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

cheers Fresh Pots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Suitable for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image comes with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets 20131020 (updated to remove non fta HD channels,updates daily at 4am)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1 (updates in standby)
    CoolTVGuide v7.3
    Enhanced Movie Center (turned off atm, looks better with Pli-mod skin)
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9991 (with blank sample reader)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Soarview Picons
    Rats Picons
    RTE Player
    Samba Server

Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel

Other mods/skins included are:
    Sly Bootlogo by abell431 of openpli.org
    Sly skin by pauldb of sattvhelp
    Mui4tler's audio fix to help with audio dropouts
    Data Devils Additional Keymapper

Also included is the original bootlogo.mvi file.If you don't like the sky bootlogo you can replace it with this by copying the file over to /boot.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)
    DreamBoxEdit paths - /etc/enigma2/

Download link:http://goo.gl/0X6LsM

This seems to be missing some plugins for me, Oscam for example.

I ended up going with Champions newest ATV one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Everything is there man. What exactly are you looking for?

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

I've reloaded and played a little more. I think it is majorly important after a reflash to go immediately to the EPG and CrossEPG settings and set to hdd instead of flash. If you wait and change channels it seems to download already and mess with the build.

I have tried a few of the skins but on all of them it seems some of the EPG screens are getting scaled up so that they overflow the sides of the TV. Anybody having this issues and know how to solve it?
    Also how do I show the small info bar at the bottom of a screen? It appears for a few seconds when a new channel is selected but I can't then get it back. All the buttons seem to show some form of EPG with the picture in a PIP window.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

cork_south wrote: »
    Just switch from Hv4 to Champions latest OpenATV image and am having an identical issue.
    If I record BBC1 for example, and switch off that channel they all come up as black screens with no sound.

I did not have this issue with Hv4, do you know of a workaround?

I couldn't get any version of OATV to work, using Hyperion V4.5 now and it seems stable enough.

I've reloaded and played a little more. I think it is majorly important after a reflash to go immediately to the EPG and CrossEPG settings and set to hdd instead of flash. If you wait and change channels it seems to download already and mess with the build.

I have tried a few of the skins but on all of them it seems some of the EPG screens are getting scaled up so that they overflow the sides of the TV. Anybody having this issues and know how to solve it?
    Also how do I show the small info bar at the bottom of a screen? It appears for a few seconds when a new channel is selected but I can't then get it back. All the buttons seem to show some form of EPG with the picture in a PIP window.
    On my tv the screen had to be set to auto to fit all the info in
    on the tv remote you had to press screen several times to change the picture format

To show the info bar
    Press menu / setup /system /button setup /ok button mode
    change to infobar
    Then press the ok button on the remote to see the infobar

This is for openATV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Sorted, thanks

• Advertisement

Technofobe wrote: »
    On my tv the screen had to be set to auto to fit all the info in
    on the tv remote you had to press screen several times to change the picture format

To show the info bar
    Press menu / setup /system /button setup /ok button mode
    change to infobar
    Then press the ok button on the remote to see the infobar

This is for openATV

Thanks for that. THought I had looked through the menus but must have missed it!

Now - if only I could figure out why the Timeshift crashes the box.........

Thanks for that. THought I had looked through the menus but must have missed it!

Now - if only I could figure out why the Timeshift crashes the box.........

Have you it set towards your hdd?

From the EPG in OpenATV, does anyone know a key to change Bouquet or can a key be mapped for it ?

From the EPG in OpenATV, does anyone know a key to change Bouquet or can a key be mapped for it ?

The skip forward and skip backwards buttons mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello and what a great board this is. I've taken the plunge and bought an Amiko Alien 2, triple tuner and spent hours trawling the internet until I found this board. I need some help and you folks seem to know your stuff.

How can I edit the bouquets for my UK TV, all the images have RTE and I want my local ITV, do I need some form of editing tools?

Any help will be appreciated.

Merry Christmas to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Hi Stevie and welcome to Boards. Unfortunately that is one topic that can't be discussed here. Other than that have fun with the AA2 and happy Xmas.

Hi Stevie

There are two things to do:-

1. Press Menu - Plugins. Go in to AutoBouquets, Press Menu and set your Region to whatever your region is. Then Start it running. It will take around 50 secs to complete

2. In a bouquet, press Menu and you can then Delete items or move them around. You can edit them with DreamboxEdit program on your PC.

For anyone else with current Date issues. Today, my box said 15 Dec 2029

Telnet to your box, login username "root" and once in, type "date". This will give you the current Time and Date

If you have an issue, you can try the following:-

Type the following
    "cd /" <ENTER>
    "crontab -e" <ENTER>
    "i" <ENTER>

Move the cursor to the next free line

"*/30 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s pool.ntp.org" <ENTER>
    "ESC"
    ":wq" <ENTER>

Restart Enigma

For anyone else with current Date issues. Today, my box said 15 Dec 2029

Telnet to your box, login username "root" and once in, type "date". This will give you the current Time and Date

If you have an issue, you can try the following:-

Type the following
    "cd /" <ENTER>
    "crontab -e" <ENTER>
    "i" <ENTER>

Move the cursor to the next free line

"*/30 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org" <ENTER>
    "ESC"
    ":wq" <ENTER>

Restart Enigma

I'm running your image and don't seem to have those date issues.

Have you done much with the OpenWebIf in your image? I was experimenting today and in Chrome the screens don't build properly. In IE there is a js issue and none of the buttons work. Also, I just refreshed a screen after coming home and the box froze while she was watching it! What do you think? Is there a setting I might be missing?

Could it be that when you back up an image it has the hdd name of the backedup box. When you restore it to something that has a different hdd name stuff reverts to default (or not?) and causes issues that the original image had solved?

Cheers
    S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i booted in and had a look earlier date was wrong , i did a software update and it was fixed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement