Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Nowso wrote: »
    i booted in and had a look earlier date was wrong , i did a software update and it was fixed

Don't do the above without doing a backup first. As simply updating the software often made the box very sluggish. Often a fresh install is required instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

soram wrote: »
    Have you done much with the OpenWebIf in your image? I was experimenting today and in Chrome the screens don't build properly. In IE there is a js issue and none of the buttons work. Also, I just refreshed a screen after coming home and the box froze while she was watching it! What do you think? Is there a setting I might be missing?

The image was made with NO HDD attached. I have no isues whatsoever with OpenWebIf on Chrome - or any other browser for that matter
    Nowso wrote: »
    i booted in and had a look earlier date was wrong , i did a software update and it was fixed

Once you reboot, you'll always re-syncronise things. I can only assume that the clock drifts somehow later on

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

OK thought I'd try a build from scratch as I had some time!

I have it now scanned in with the PLi skin and it all looks good and stable. Next I tried to put on AutoBouquet. It installed (through the OSD) but I cannot seem to get it to operate. I go in to the plugin and tell it to run and it does some stuff but no bouquets are added.
    If I'm on a Saorview channel it crashes with no stream so I changed to BBC. It doesn't crash but doesn't populkate.

Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

soram wrote: »
    OK thought I'd try a build from scratch as I had some time!

I have it now scanned in with the PLi skin and it all looks good and stable. Next I tried to put on AutoBouquet. It installed (through the OSD) but I cannot seem to get it to operate. I go in to the plugin and tell it to run and it does some stuff but no bouquets are added.
    If I'm on a Saorview channel it crashes with no stream so I changed to BBC. It doesn't crash but doesn't populkate.

Ideas?

Found my problem. I was trying to update the bouquets from the plugin menu. I found another menu item in the Service menu AutoBouquetMaker that accepts the download and does the proper generation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

Is there any way of loading XBMX/KODI on to the amiko alien 2 or is another box required?

Thanks

Lsjmhar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

Is there any way of loading XBMX/KODI on to the amiko alien 2 or is another box required?

Thanks

Lsjmhar

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Cheers for that. Short and sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Lsjmhar
    Pretty sure its on Champions or Fresh Potts image
    I tried them both the other day and it was on one of them
    Xbmc addons is that the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

xbmc is on champions latest image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

xbmc is on champions latest image.

XBMC addons is not XBMC, it's a script that allows you run XBMC plugins on Enigma

• Advertisement

XBMC addons is not XBMC, it's a script that allows you run XBMC plugins on Enigma

Fair play and a happy Christmas to ya.

Hi folks, on OpenATV my recordings are starting 3 minutes before the program begins.
    I'm getting a lot of grief over this by the kids as their cartoons are always starting with ads :)

Anyone know where I can edit this setting to make the recording start at the same time as the program begins?

Hi folks, on OpenATV my recordings are starting 3 minutes before the program begins.
    I'm getting a lot of grief over this by the kids as their cartoons are always starting with ads :)

Anyone know where I can edit this setting to make the recording start at the same time as the program begins?
    Menu
    setup
    system
    extended system
    Recording
    Margin before recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Is there a plugin I can get that will allow me to right-click on a file on my PC and allow me to play it to the Amiko. I have a DLNA compatible TV in the other room and its the "smart" feature thats used the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Has no one else the recording black screen issue on OpenATV? I just tried Champs new image, I didn't change a thing (Apart from re-scan Saorview) and I still have this problem on two different A2+ boxes.

Record BBC Stop Recording Switch to RTE Black Screen and Vice versa Record RTE Stop recording and Switch to BBC Black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Has no one else the recording black screen issue on OpenATV? I just tried Champs new image, I didn't change a thing (Apart from re-scan Saorview) and I still have this problem on two different A2+ boxes.

Record BBC Stop Recording Switch to RTE Black Screen and Vice versa Record RTE Stop recording and Switch to BBC Black screen.

Yep getting same here seems to common among these boxes, no solutions yet

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Firstly thanks to Champs and everyone that contributes to this thread/forum its been a huge help to me getting my AA2+ running.

An annoyance of mine has always been the lack of internal storage so after a couple of bottles of wine I decided to do something about it!

Originally I had hoped to remove the front USB port and just present it internally but once I disassembled the box I discovered that it's soldered to the front panel board so that was out. The solder pads for the front USB port are just big enough to be forgiving of my poor soldering skills so I decided to give it a go.

Tools and required bits!
    Philips head
    Soldering Iron
    Solder
    Snips or scissors
    Glue gun or maybe some small cable ties
    Double sided Sticky tape
    USB Extension Cable
    USB Drive and cable

Disassembling the AA2+ is very easy 3 screws secure the cover and 2 more with 5 plastic retaining clips the front panel. There are 5 cables connected to the main board from the front panel board these come away easy enough but are located very close to some on-board components so be careful! You'll also need to snip a cable ti to fully remove the front panel.

Remove the 5 screws holding the front panel board to the bezel and prise it up gently. See pic 1 (Sorry the pics where taken after I completed and tested!) this shows the front panel board back in situ and had covered my poor soldering in hot glue! under the glue are the 4 pads and the back of the front USB port from left to right the pads are vcc d- d+ gnd I cut the plug off a usb extension cable and stripped back the outer sheath revealing the 4 internal cables Red is vcc or 5v, Data - is white, Data + is Green and Ground is Black I soldered these cables to the pads and fixed them in place with the hot glue now I had an internal usb port to work with. I screwed the board back onto the bezel and reinstalled it on the box routing the usb extension back into the box. (Pic 2)

Next I had to secure the hdd in place (Pic 3)I used the double sided sticky tape and secured it the the outer case. I also used a USB 2.5" caddy that has the same form factor as an external usb hdd as this would allow me change the drive with out having to remove the case and sticky tape. Be careful here as space is limited and you need to think about how it will fit when putting everything back together including where you'll run the cables to connect it. I had to reposition slightly off center as the the drive pushing down on the ribbon cables and connectors preventing a snug fit. It's impossible not to block some ventilation holes but there's plenty and my box has never run hot(yet!)

Once that's done its just a matter of putting everything back together so just reverse the dis-assembly process and you're done. Pic 4 shows the finished mod before I closed up the box. Setup the drive as normal and that's it.

Hope this helps someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Firstly thanks to Champs and everyone that contributes to this thread/forum its been a huge help to me getting my AA2+ running.

An annoyance of mine has always been the lack of internal storage so after a couple of bottles of wine I decided to do something about it!

Originally I had hoped to remove the front USB port and just present it internally but once I disassembled the box I discovered that it's soldered to the front panel board so that was out. The solder pads for the front USB port are just big enough to be forgiving of my poor soldering skills so I decided to give it a go.

Tools and required bits!
    Philips head
    Soldering Iron
    Solder
    Snips or scissors
    Glue gun or maybe some small cable ties
    Double sided Sticky tape
    USB Extension Cable
    USB Drive and cable

Disassembling the AA2+ is very easy 3 screws secure the cover and 2 more with 5 plastic retaining clips the front panel. There are 5 cables connected to the main board from the front panel board these come away easy enough but are located very close to some on-board components so be careful! You'll also need to snip a cable ti to fully remove the front panel.

Remove the 5 screws holding the front panel board to the bezel and prise it up gently. See pic 1 (Sorry the pics where taken after I completed and tested!) this shows the front panel board back in situ and had covered my poor soldering in hot glue! under the glue are the 4 pads and the back of the front USB port from left to right the pads are vcc d- d+ gnd I cut the plug off a usb extension cable and stripped back the outer sheath revealing the 4 internal cables Red is vcc or 5v, Data - is white, Data + is Green and Ground is Black I soldered these cables to the pads and fixed them in place with the hot glue now I had an internal usb port to work with. I screwed the board back onto the bezel and reinstalled it on the box routing the usb extension back into the box. (Pic 2)

Next I had to secure the hdd in place (Pic 3)I used the double sided sticky tape and secured it the the outer case. I also used a USB 2.5" caddy that has the same form factor as an external usb hdd as this would allow me change the drive with out having to remove the case and sticky tape. Be careful here as space is limited and you need to think about how it will fit when putting everything back together including where you'll run the cables to connect it. I had to reposition slightly off center as the the drive pushing down on the ribbon cables and connectors preventing a snug fit. It's impossible not to block some ventilation holes but there's plenty and my box has never run hot(yet!)

Once that's done its just a matter of putting everything back together so just reverse the dis-assembly process and you're done. Pic 4 shows the finished mod before I closed up the box. Setup the drive as normal and that's it.

Hope this helps someone!

That's fantastic! well done

• Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Great idea, I have 320g hdd and I will do this too. Good description on how to do this work, fingers crossed all will go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Had the exact same issues with champions OpenATV image.

What version of the box have you got, I wonder is it down to the version as it appears not all people are affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I'm using a Hyperion 4.5 image and want to add the RTE player plugin to the main menu. Is this possible?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

stevie09 wrote: »
    Great idea, I have 320g hdd and I will do this too. Good description on how to do this work, fingers crossed all will go well.

I forgot to mention that by soldering to the front usb port should anything go wrong I could just leave it unplugged from the mainboard so not a total loss! I also ran a continuity check with my multimeter to ensure I hadn't shorted anything.

cork_south wrote: »
    Had the exact same issues with champions OpenATV image.

What version of the box have you got, I wonder is it down to the version as it appears not all people are affected.

I got them both from tvtrade in the last month seem to be the newest version with the new front panel I can't find anything else version number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I got them both from tvtrade in the last month seem to be the newest version with the new front panel I can't find anything else version number etc.

Yeah mine is the newest version with the new front panel also.
    Would be interesting to see if others are affected by this major recording bug in Champs OpenATV 4.2 image and if so which model of the box they have.

cork_south wrote: »
    Yeah mine is the newest version with the new front panel also.
    Would be interesting to see if others are affected by this major recording bug in Champs OpenATV 4.2 image and if so which model of the box they have.
    Dont think its just champs image
    noticed something similar last week black screen after changing chanell while recording
    will try to replicate it today

If you browse to the ip address of your box
    in opemwebif
    there is a piece on left hand side says box info
    not much but a start
    AmikoAlien2_zps4aa3b99d.jpg

Box
    Brand: Amiko
    Model: Alien 2
    Chipset: STi7162
    Frontprocessor Version: 3
    Total Memory: 116144 kB
    Free Memory: 43784 kB
    Box Uptime: 2:14
    Software

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

It seems to me that the issue is down to when you stop a recording. Within Spark, pressing Stop presents you with a list of recordings allowing you to choose which recording you want to stop. Unfortunately, in Enigma, the Stop button does nothing. I ight have missed something but the only way I can see to stop recording is via the Timer Menu. However, it appears that while you can delete a timer and even select to delete the recording too, if you go and try and restart the GUI, the box still thinks the recording is still in progress.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

You are right its not just champs image, its all OATV images, HDMU is also affected and Hyperion V4 doesn't work at all.
    I have the error log from when it happens with OATV maybe someone here can understand it.

FreshPots Hyperion V4.5 works, but I would still like to find out why the others won't work.

On a side note in Hyperion V4.5 the swap file size is 64MB is this sufficient?

championc wrote: »
    It seems to me that the issue is down to when you stop a recording. Within Spark, pressing Stop presents you with a list of recordings allowing you to choose which recording you want to stop. Unfortunately, in Enigma, the Stop button does nothing. I ight have missed something but the only way I can see to stop recording is via the Timer Menu. However, it appears that while you can delete a timer and even select to delete the recording too, if you go and try and restart the GUI, the box still thinks the recording is still in progress.

Is it not a case of pressing record again and you get an option to stop recording ?

Will get up out o bed and try it back in a min

Error log is below, after I stop recording and switch back to a blank CH
    action -> OkCancelActions ok
    playing 1:0:19:44E:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    [eDVBCAService] free slot 1 demux 0 for service 1:0:19:52D0:814:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
    [eDVBCAService] free service 1:0:19:52D0:814:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
    decoder state: play, vpid=-1, apid=-1
    DEMUX_STOP - pcr - ok
    DEMUX_STOP - video - ok
    VIDEO_STOP - ok
    AUDIO_STOP - ok
    DEMUX_STOP - audio - ok
    AUDIO_CONTINUE - ok
    DEMUX_STOP - ttx - ok
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x2701040
    [eEPGCache] remove channel 0x2701040
    [EPGC] abort caching events !!
    setPixmapNum(0) failed! defined pixmaps: []
    setPixmapNum(0) failed! defined pixmaps: []
    RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    allocate channel.. 03e9:2174
    opening frontend 0
    (0)tune
    OURSTATE: tuning
    allocate Channel: res 0
    [eDVBCIInterfaces] addPMTHandler 1:0:19:44E:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    allocate demux
    [SCREENNAME] InfoBarSummary
    0 160 1
    KEY: 352 KEY_OK OK 2014-12-17 00:23:22.813722
    [SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000
    [SCREENNAME] InfoBar
    [SEC] setVoltage 0
    [SEC] setFrontend 1
    setting frontend 0
    (0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
    (0)fe event: status 1f, inversion off, m_tuning 2
    OURSTATE: ok
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] channel 0x2701040 running
    [eEPGCache] channel 0x2701040 running
    [EPGC] next update in 2 sec
    stop release channel timer
    ok ... now we start!!
    eventNewProgramInfo 0 0
    have 1 video stream(s) (044e), and 1 audio stream(s) (04b2), and the pcr pid is 1ffe, and the text pid is 0516
    allocate demux
    decoder state: play, vpid=1102, apid=1202
    DMX_SET_PES_FILTER(0x1ffe) - pcr - ok
    DMX_SET_PES_FILTER(0x4b2) - audio - ok
    AUDIO_SET_BYPASS(1) - ok
    AUDIO_PLAY - ok
    Video Device: /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0
    demux device: /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
    VIDEO_SET_STREAMTYPE 1 - ok
    DMX_SET_PES_FILTER(0x44e) - video - ok
    VIDEO_PLAY - ok
    DMX_SET_PES_FILTER(0x516) - ttx - ok
    VIDEO_CONTINUE - ok
    VIDEO_SLOWMOTION(0) - ok
    VIDEO_FAST_FORWARD(0) - ok
    AUDIO_CONTINUE - ok
    disable teletext subtitles page ffffffffffffffff (und)
    [Volume Adjust] Update Info
    [Volume Adjust] Volume = 100
    [Volume Adjust] load xml...
    [Volume Adjust] New Channel
    [Volume Adjust] oldvol = 0
    [eDVBCAService] new service 1:0:19:44E:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    [eDVBCAService] add demux 0 to slot 0 service 1:0:19:44E:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    PATready
    no PAT entry found.. start delay
    ignore sdt update data.... incorrect transponder tuned!!!
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] diff is -2
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] diff < 120 .. use Transponder Time
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] set RTC Time
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] update RTC
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] time update to 00:23:22
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] m_time_difference is -2
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] set Linux Time
    [Dish] tuning failed
    DVB service failed to tune - error 3
    close frontend 1
    [EPGC] start caching events(1418775803)

• Advertisement

Ok no problems doing that

pressed record to start recording ( finish at the end of the program )

waited a min

Pressed record again an option appears ( press 1 to stop recording )
    Pressed ok

What looks like the timer screen appears showing the program that is recording

Press ok again recording stops

changed channell to see if i still have picture

No problems

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement