Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I've an issue with my AA2 box, well I don't know of its an issue or is that how the box works. Im
    running hyperion 4 and I don't have an aerial set up.

Yesterday I was recording the Leinster game on BT sports and my girlfriend was watching something on channel 4. All good at that point, she then decided to watch sky 1,but the screen was black. A little research told me that I could record a pay channel and watch a freeview channel, but not record a pay channel and record a different pay channel. Is that the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I've an issue with my AA2 box, well I don't know of its an issue or is that how the box works. Im
    running hyperion 4 and I don't have an aerial set up.

Yesterday I was recording the Leinster game on BT sports and my girlfriend was watching something on channel 4. All good at that point, she then decided to watch sky 1,but the screen was black. A little research told me that I could record a pay channel and watch a freeview channel, but not record a pay channel and record a different pay channel. Is that the norm?

Same issue as I am having except I am only using FTA on my one

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Homebrew UTVI Saorview picon if anyone wants it.

Does anyone have a complete set of Saorview Picons? Even with HD in the logo for RTE1 and 2 HD?

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Does anyone have a complete set of Saorview Picons? Even with HD in the logo for RTE1 and 2 HD?

Flex

the rte one doesn't have the hd symbol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Flex
    Complete set including Saorview HD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2fd2frw1gob1a7/picons.7z?dl=0

• Advertisement

That means AA2+ for around €135 not bad

Discount code freetv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Trying this out now myself as I was having to many issues with OpenATV which files do I need to change to 755?

See here Kenny
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90723300&postcount=264

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

Have Hypernion 4.5DM up and running, very stable, great picture, fast zap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gleannboy wrote: »
    Have Hypernion 4.5DM up and running, very stable, great picture, fast zap.

Can't see any difference between 4 and 4.5 bar the boot logo tbh. Maybe its has improved under the hood but they still left out some obvious fixes in this release e.g. audio fix, skin renderer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Can't see any difference between 4 and 4.5 bar the boot logo tbh. Maybe its has improved under the hood but they still left out some obvious fixes in this release e.g. audio fix, skin renderer issue.

When will your 4.5 image be out 😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

cork_south wrote: »
    When will your 4.5 image be out 😀

Not going to rush it for a few reasons,

1. Want to test its stability first
    2. Want to add various fixes etc that they left out.
    3. Its seems no different than v4 so theres really nothing for people to get excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Strange goings on with my box this morning,
    Turned on from standby, had a Red Cross on screen with 'no free tuner' next to it. That then went and bbc1 didn't come on 'blank screen' but the sound did.
    Went to epg and it was empty, (it's set to download in standby)
    Was trying to correct this and remote became totally unresponsive, it just froze. Then after a couple of minutes started working but froze soon after.
    Managed to download epg and had to leave for work, it appeared ok when I left but didn't have time to make sure all was ok.
    Any ideas what was/ is wrong?
    Ps running Zardoz' H4

Imstuck wrote: »
    Strange goings on with my box this morning,
    Turned on from standby, had a Red Cross on screen with 'no free tuner' next to it. That then went and bbc1 didn't come on 'blank screen' but the sound did.
    Went to epg and it was empty, (it's set to download in standby)
    Was trying to correct this and remote became totally unresponsive, it just froze. Then after a couple of minutes started working but froze soon after.
    Managed to download epg and had to leave for work, it appeared ok when I left but didn't have time to make sure all was ok.
    Any ideas what was/ is wrong?
    Ps running Zardoz' H4
    Just my 2p worth
    I would start withe the hard drive make sure it is still working
    could be that cross EPG could not save to the disk
    I was using an old 60 gig toshiba drive ( xbox salvage ) and when it was dying it gave stupid problems like that and cross epg started saving to internal memory
    worth a try anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

championc wrote: »
    I'll try and upload a new image soon. Run off my feet at present. I update my OpenATV 4.2 via the Software Management every few days but it's always best to possibly just make a brand new image now and again.

I should really delete my old ARP image but it works and works well so I'll leave it for another while

But regarding stability, OpenATV is my daily runner. It's put into Standby by HDMI-CEC every night and has no problems ever waking up. I can't remember my last Green Screen TBH.

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Hi Champ,

Are you any closer to getting another OpenATV image put together? I was going to flash the one in your signature but I might put it off if you've got a new one in progress. I'm running hyperion 4 at the moment but I've got a watch/record simultaneously issue but its no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Slevster wrote: »
    the rte one doesn't have the hd symbol.
    Technofobe wrote: »
    Complete set including Saorview HD

Thanks Gents. Technofobes set has one for RTE1 HD alright. Would be cool if some graphic designer type person would make a set for Saorview channels that have a consistent look. Like those Satellite picons of yours Technofobe.. classy!

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I am using Hyperion V4 image and I was just wondering when I was checking information what swap usage is? It says swap use 0mb Free 64mb?:confused:

cyndale wrote: »
    I am using Hyperion V4 image and I was just wondering when I was checking information what swap usage is? It says swap use 0mb Free 64mb?:confused:
    A swapfile is used to augment the physical ram ( memory ) in the system
    so if your alien had 1 gig of ram it can use space on a hard drive to make more memory available on a temporary basis
    So a 64 meg swapfile will allow the system to use 64 meg of space on the hard disk as well as the 1 gig of physical ram
    the tedious explanation here
    http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/8208-all-about-linux-swap-space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I'm wondering how I live stream whats on TV? what plugins do i need?

I'm wondering how I live stream whats on TV? what plugins do i need?

What image are you using ?
    The system plugin is called openwebif and it is usually already installed by default

For to stream tv from your box to your pc
    in the search bar of your browser ( firefox / internet explorer ) put the IP address of your box and hit return

It would make sense to assign a fixed IP address to the box

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

A swapfile is used to augment the physical ram ( memory ) in the system
    so if your alien had 1 gig of ram it can use space on a hard drive to make more memory available on a temporary basis
    So a 64 meg swapfile will allow the system to use 64 meg of space on the hard disk as well as the 1 gig of physical ram
    the tedious explanation here
    http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/8208-all-about-linux-swap-space

Great stuff thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What image are you using ?
    The system plugin is called openwebif and it is usually already installed by default

For to stream tv from your box to your pc
    in the search bar of your browser ( firefox / internet explorer ) put the IP address of your box and hit return

It would make sense to assign a fixed IP address to the box

Thanks, I had the openwebif installed and was browsing away but didn't spot the links for the streams. My bouquets are a mess so that didn't help unfortunately.

Thanks again!

Thanks, I had the openwebif installed and was browsing away but didn't spot the links for the streams. My bouquets are a mess so that didn't help unfortunately.

Thanks again!
    Try out dreamboxedit
    Great for cleaning up your boquets drag and drop your stations in any order you like
    I just use 1 boquet with all the stations that we watch in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Just got my hands on one of these boxes today, and followed the instructions for putting Enigma on it (using Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link ).

All seems to go fine but when I try to boot into Enigma (after selecting it after turning back on after upgrading ) I just get a counter counting up and the word 'boot'. Thought it was initially just taking a long time for a first boot, but have left it for a long time but it just keeps counting up.

Tried doing the upgrade routine again and got the same result.

Any suggestions welcome !!

eamonnq wrote: »
    Just got my hands on one of these boxes today, and followed the instructions for putting Enigma on it (using Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link ).

All seems to go fine but when I try to boot into Enigma (after selecting it after turning back on after upgrading ) I just get a counter counting up and the word 'boot'. Thought it was initially just taking a long time for a first boot, but have left it for a long time but it just keeps counting up.

Tried doing the upgrade routine again and got the same result.

Any suggestions welcome !!

How long is a long time? Should take around 9 minutes but has taken upto 15 on some images I've used.

How long is a long time? Should take around 9 minutes but has taken upto 15 on some images I've used.

At least 10 mins but had read that it should only take 1 or 2, (http://www.tvtrade.ie/how-to-install-enigma2-on-amiko-alien-2-triple-tuner.html )

Will try it again and leave it longer !!!

Thanks

At least 10 mins but had read that it should only take 1 or 2, (http://www.tvtrade.ie/how-to-install-enigma2-on-amiko-alien-2-triple-tuner.html )

Will try it again and leave it longer !!!

Thanks

Apologies I thought you meant to load the image not just boot into enigma, although the counting numbers etc seems that it is loading the image? Did you leave the USB in by any chance?

Apologies I thought you meant to load the image not just boot into enigma, although the counting numbers etc seems that it is loading the image? Did you leave the USB in by any chance?

I did leave the USB in, but have tried again without it in but it is counting away here still after restarting (it is up to 19 now).

Maybe I should stick with Spark !!

I did leave the USB in, but have tried again without it in but it is counting away here still after restarting (it is up to 19 now).

Maybe I should stick with Spark !!
    Do you have a usb hard drive plugged in ( not the usb key ) ?

Do you have a usb hard drive plugged in ( not the usb key ) ?

No, but just got the main thing I need working with Spark, so might leave it like that (if I can find a decent channel list that is!!!).

• Advertisement

No, but just got the main thing I need working with Spark, so might leave it like that (if I can find a decent channel list that is!!!).

Try this instead, I found it easier
    Power box off from switch.
    Insert USB containing image in rear port
    Press and hold in ok while switching on.
    When FORC appears release ok
    Use up/down to select enigma then quickly press right arrow until FACT appears.
    Box will now start flashing for approx 8min.
    When done box boots into enigma2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement