Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Mick Clifford on now.
    About Maurice McCabe.

Utterly shocking what was done to McCabe.
    I hope this rocks the corruption in the Gardai to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That Justine McCarthy is very hard to listen to, the annoying posh accent and her bleeding heart leftie ideas.

Of course The Irish Times readers love her no doubt, another crowd I despise.

Have to say you have a point, gives the impression rightly or wrongly that she is never ever wrong.

Gets ones back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Have to say you have a point, gives the impression rightly or wrongly that she is never ever wrong.

Gets ones back up.

Justine is one of those 'hurlers-on-the-ditch' who seem to know the answer to every problem. I would include Fintan O'Toole and Eamon Dunphy in the same category. But you will never see any of their names on a ballot paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

When Vincent retires we might get some proper debate instead of the stacked panels we have been getting for the last number of years. I'm fed up of the 4 v 1's and rarely watch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I like Justine McCarthy. She's an excellent journalist and seems to annoy the right kind of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,275 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Justine is one of those 'hurlers-on-the-ditch' who seem to know the answer to every problem. I would include Fintan O'Toole and Eamon Dunphy in the same category. But you will never see any of their names on a ballot paper.

That is such a pointless point. Are the only people allowed an opinion those who stand for election.
    Her job is to write about and think about these issues.

It would make more sense for you to advocate banning journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RayM wrote: »
    I like Justine McCarthy. She's an excellent journalist and seems to annoy the right kind of people.

It's very easy to annoy people it's harder to get your good points across and make sense.

It's very easy to annoy people it's harder to get your good points across and make sense.

She does that very well too. I'm always relieved when I see her on the show because it means that there's at least one person who'll be talking sense and won't be shouting and interrupting people.

Spot on Roger, always 'know' the answer but hey,between you and me I think they have been found out.

Dunphy in particular has been frapping around supporting left wingers big time despite sucking deeply from the taxpayers teat.

For those of us who know, genuine people, people like Dunphy and his ilk O'Toole as well make their living criticising others who implement things.

If you want my respect, get off your hoop, put yourself up, succeed or fail,but do something which improves the system, step on a few toes, stop roaring and shouting from a 'safe' position where you rely on hindsight for everything.

Stand up and be counted,otherwise shut the fuhhrk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Can't look at sideshow Bob

• Advertisement

Spot on Roger, always 'know' the answer but hey,between you and me I think they have been found out.

Dunphy in particular has been frapping around supporting left wingers big time despite sucking deeply from the taxpayers teat.

For those of us who know, genuine people, people like Dunphy and his ilk O'Toole as well make their living criticising others who implement things.

If you want my respect, get off your hoop, put yourself up, succeed or fail,but do something which improves the system, step on a few toes, stop roaring and shouting from a 'safe' position where you rely on hindsight for everything.

Stand up and be counted,otherwise shut the fuhhrk up.

Says the guy............. criticising people.
    The world is made up of more people than politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

don't have any problem with Justine
    -always seems reasonable

Boyd Barret gets my goat ,anti everything and money grows on trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bing_crosby

justine is from cork but speaks pure D4

possibly the most pious - earnest woman in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

fine speech from Vinny there on TV3 about him leaving.

sinn fein politicians always seem to be skilled debaters

must be the military training wah!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Why was Vinny apologising for having an all-male panel. I don't remember him apologising when he had all-female panels!

Why was Vinny apologising for having an all-male panel. I don't remember him apologising when he had all-female panels!

It's the only show of its kind to have (very) occasional all-female panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'll miss the fecker a bit. He has pros and cons but he had his own way on the show. More balls than other presenters of current affairs programmes, that's for sure.

I found him well capable of giving both left and right a hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is tonight the last night? Can't watch at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

No. The 27th is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

RayM wrote:
    It's the only show of its kind to have (very) occasional all-female panels.

Recently he had Catherine Connolly, Catherine Noone and Catherine Ghent on. They mentioned Katherine Zapone. How about that!

sinn fein politicians always seem to be skilled debaters

must be the military training wah!

Easy to be 'skilled' when one takes part in nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Delighted he s leaving. Appears to be very biased in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Delighted he s leaving. Appears to be very biased in my opinion

Martin Collins or the AAA/Solidarity losers might be on as much if it's true he's leaving.

Easy to be 'skilled' when one takes part in nothing.

power sharing in the North?

they'd have no problem in coalition government here once their policies are curtailed to reflect balance of coalition

he had that lady from the SFA on a fair bit to balance the debate

never could take to her arguments mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Who can replace Vincent Brown ?

There is obviously only one Vincent Brown, that's for sure.

I don't think any of the 'stand in' presenters have the substance or style required to front this type of show.

Will they chose a previously untried presenter?

I could see Ivan Yates getting it but I don't like his style.

Not Joan's finest 10 minutes...cringe!

• Advertisement

That was some earful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement