Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

Simon Coveney did the same thing last night on Prime Time where the story of a guy forced to seek an emergency bed in some kind of arbitrary lottery was highlighted.
    It is obviously an extremely annoying tactic deployed by FG to diffuse outrage. 'Contact me after the show' with the implication that his individual issue will be sorted is just parish pump politics for the telly age and doesn't sort or excuse bad governing.

...allowing them to diffuse outrage. I agree with you. But what are we going to do about it? We means me included!
    The one thing politicians don't like are problems that continue to be aired or arise e.g. Irish Water/water metering, garda, abuse victims. SO any ideas to keep this out front? Why for example will they not fund local authority direct provision of new housing (not purchases) rather than through AHBs?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Vincent is in his 'blame the government' mode over the report on the rescue helicpopter crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I haven't watched Vincent for a few weeks and just tuned to in tonight tobe reminded of why I stopped watching. It's the 'usual suspects' lineup of a of a predominately leftie panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I absolutely agree with you. I've always liked Vincent, but he has become just a parody of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Browne is a washout, packed deck and tear the hole out of some poor gimp trying to actually do something while the wasters on the sidelines the stuck in.

Fair play to Enda for telling him to shove his show up his hoop, figuratively speaking.

Saw what going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Couldn't believe the panel he had last night commenting about the attack in Manchester.

Tax Dodge Mick and that fool Brid Smith and some other nobody singing from the same hymn sheet, Smith managed to get the conversation on to Murphy and Jobstown somehow and Wallace bladdering on about the Shannon stopover.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Couldn't believe the panel he had last night commenting about the attack in Manchester.

Tax Dodge Mick and that fool Brid Smith and some other nobody singing from the same hymn sheet, Smith managed to get the conversation on to Murphy and Jobstown somehow and Wallace bladdering on about the Shannon stopover.

Typical Browne panel, bunch of no-names roaring and shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vinny is interviewing Simon Coveney tonight.

He extended an invite to Leo Varadkar too but so far Leo hasn't responded. I reckon Leo is going to lie low, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by coming out the wrong end of an encounter with Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

^^^
    Coveney is considered a 'Tim, Tim nice but dim' and not right wing enough by the party mandarins, even though he's a Bilderberg Boy. Varadakar will be our very own yellow pack Thatcher. God help us.

I feel Coveney is performing very well in this interview, he strikes me as an honourable man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

^^^
    Coveney is considered a 'Tim, Tim nice but dim' and not right wing enough by the party mandarins, even though he's a Bilderberg Boy. Varadakar will be our very own yellow pack Thatcher. God help us.

LOL

Any politician that dare and suggest sensible policies and sticks up for the hard working people of this country is deemed right wing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I feel Coveney is performing very well in this interview, he strikes me as an honourable man.

I agree. I'm actually actively looking for a reason to slam him, became somehow I can't stomach the idea that I would vote Fine Gael, but this man knows his brief, he knows his stuff, and he's very credible.

I feel Leo's smart @rse 'I want to represent the people who get up early in the morning' comment has backfired on him.

technocrat wrote: »
    LOL

Any politician that dare and suggest sensible policies and sticks up for the hard working people of this country is deemed right wing :rolleyes:
    Do you think Fine Gael aren't a right wing party? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I feel Leo's smart @rse 'I want to represent the people who get up early in the morning' comment has backfired on him.

Depends how you define early. For some, setting the alarm clock for 12 because you want to get up early wouldn't be uncommon.

All depends what time you normally​ get up.

What if you worked the night shift for example.

Do you think Fine Gael aren't a right wing party? :rolleyes:

No.

A party that supported same-sex marriage, is unashamedly pro EU and increased the minimum wage as soon as they got into government can hardly be categorised as right wing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

^^^

Alan Dukes , Nora Owen and Frank Flannery were on Saturday AM.
    Dukes and Owen are for Coveney. Flannery supporting Leo.

And so it should. No doubt Sean Fitzpatrick gets up early in the morning! :D

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Alan Dukes , Nora Owen and Frank Flannery were on Saturday AM.
    Dukes and Owen are for Coveney. Flannery supporting Leo.

I would have zero time for Flannery or his opinions/endorsements since the Rehab debacle. He is old FG, time to move on.

I would have zero time for Flannery or his opinions or endorsements since the Rehab debacle. He is old FG, time to move on.

Same here. Not good for Leo that someone of his ilk is endorsing him.

• Advertisement

No.

A party that supported same-sex marriage, is unashamedly pro EU and increased the minimum wage as soon as they got into government can hardly be categorised as right wing!

They restored the minimum wage (at Labours insistence) back to what it was before Fianna Fail cut it as they were leaving Government. Then another megre increase, later on.

And support for same sex marriage has got nothing to do with right, left or central politics. The majority of people who voted for it were from all types of backgrounds. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Browne is a washout, packed deck and tear the hole out of some poor gimp trying to actually do something while the wasters on the sidelines the stuck in.

Fair play to Enda for telling him to shove his show up his hoop, figuratively speaking.

Saw what going on.

"In 1994, he sought a nomination for the Fine Gael party in that year's European elections or the possible general election of that year (it was thought a general election might follow the collapse of the Albert Reynolds' government). He was rebuffed by the leader of Fine Gael and future Taoiseach, John Bruton. He then became a vocal critic of the party"

A bitter bitter man. Pathetic really he still can't let it go.

They didn't increase the minimum wage, they just restored it (at Labours insistence) back to what it was before Fianna Fail cut it as they were leaving Government.

And support for same sex marriage has got nothing to do with right, left or central politics. The majority of people who voted for it were from all types of backgrounds. :cool:

Restored/increased it to one of the highest min wages in Europe.
    Yes same-sex marriage is vehemently opposed by right wing governments who always support traditional marriage - but you know that already.

Restored/increased it to one of the highest min wages in Europe.
    Yes same-sex marriage is vehemently opposed by right wing governments who always support traditional marriage - but you know that already.
    So would you live on the minumum wage then?

I notice that Leo's predecessor and successor in the Department of Health (Dr. James Reilly and Simon Harris) are both supporting Simon Conveney it makes me wonder is it linked to how they perceived Leo's time as a Health Minister..... maybe they're underwhelmed by his time there. I'd love to get chapter and verse.

So would you live on the minumum wage then?

Yes why not?

There is thousands of people that happily live on the minimum wage working in fast food outlets and hotels most of which have moved from the other end of the continent.

Yes why not?

There is thousands of people that happily live on the minimum wage working in fast food outlets and hotels most of which have moved from the other end of the continent.
    Minimum wage is pretty crappy but I'd be more concerned about zero hour contracts.

"In 1994, he sought a nomination for the Fine Gael party in that year's European elections or the possible general election of that year (it was thought a general election might follow the collapse of the Albert Reynolds' government). He was rebuffed by the leader of Fine Gael and future Taoiseach, John Bruton.

He then became a vocal critic of the party"

A bitter bitter man. Pathetic really he still can't let it go
    In fairness to Vinny, he's all for equal opportunities - he'll have a go at any politician, it doesn't matter what party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

In fairness to Vinny, he's all for equal opportunities - he'll have a go at any politician, it doesn't matter what party.[/B]

Yeah right.

All he does is pander to the lefties now. Has a go at the government over travellers rights, Muslims, etc.

He knows where his bread is buttered.

• Advertisement

Yes why not?

You would yeah........
    http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3sirqh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement