Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options
1286287288289290292»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Yeh, might not be the worst choice. O'Connor is alright on political issues, can ask the tough questions.

Can't stand him!!

There must be someone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Good show. Reeling In Vincent :D

The thought strikes, if the national broadcaster had more like Vincent perhaps politicians wouldn't get away with so much.

A career of asking the tough questions.

Was there a 15 minutes ad break in the middle last night?
    I noticed they didn't replay F Sheehan throwing his toys out of the cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,886 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

dense wrote: »
    Was there a 15 minutes ad break in the middle last night?
    I noticed they didn't replay F Sheehan throwing his toys out of the cot.

I would say they toy throwing clips could have filled two or three shows.
    Thought it was very well done myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Brendan would fill his panels with Sunday indo and Newstalk heads the same as he did with Cutting Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could Gavin Reilly be a possible replacement down the line?
    GAVAN REILLY HAS been named as the new political correspondent at TV3.

Reilly, formerly of TheJournal.ie, will now be responsible for the station’s daily political and current affairs coverage on the recently rebranded 3News.

He leaves Today FM, where he had served as the political correspondent and regular stand-in for Matt Cooper on The Last Word and Neil Delamere on The Sunday Best.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gav-reilly-tv3-political-correspondent-3524695-Aug2017/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Could Gavin Reilly be a possible replacement down the line?

Naw. It will be Twink.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Suggestions that both Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper will take over from Vin...

http://www.thejournal.ie/vincent-browne-poll-2-3555516-Aug2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I like Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper and their presenting styles very much. However, I have a genuine concern that we could quickly become tired of them and their opinions as both men will also be presenting 2.5 - 3 hours of drive time radio every weekday.

My granny used to say that familiarity breeds contempt and I think this could happen here. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I like Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper and their presenting styles very much. However, I have a genuine concern that we could quickly become tired of them and their opinions as both men will also be presenting 2.5 - 3 hours of drive time radio every weekday.

My granny used to say that familiarity breeds contempt and I think this could happen here. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

But, people who watch the TV show might not necessarily listen to the radio shows. I very rarely listen to Matt Cooper. His whiny voice is too much for me!
    I do listen to Ivan whenever he is on anything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd like them to give the job to Ian O Doherty, that's a man that would ask the tough questions.

You wouldn't see Connors and Collins on the show then because there would be no more easy interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Confirmed: Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper will be taking over from Vincent Browne
    IVAN YATES AND MATT Cooper are to replace Vincent Browne on TV3, it has been confirmed.
    Although the news leaked a number of weeks ago, the television station unveiled details of its new-look The Tonight Show during its Autumn schedule launch this afternoon.
    Both men will present the show together each night. Mario Rosenstock will be on every Thursday.
    According to Yates, the new show will be “very interactive”. Speaking from the event at the National Concert Hall, the Newstalk presenter said that Matt is a “professional journalist” who “takes this sort of seriously”, while he is “there to provoke debate”.
    Cooper himself said that the show will talk to people who have “solutions to the problems in Irish life”.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ivan-yates-matt-cooper-tonight-show-3572290-Aug2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

More DOB employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I wouldn't be shocked if either Ivan or Matt quit their TV3 TwoHander before too long, they are both used to being the top dog and it seems like an unlikely alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Confirmed: Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper will be taking over from Vincent Browne

http://www.thejournal.ie/ivan-yates-matt-cooper-tonight-show-3572290-Aug2017/
    at some point Matt Cooper decide to be no longer a professional journalist and simply become a.... broadcaster like George hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The whole VB show is jaded and dated at this stage. Discussing what's going to be in tomorrows newspapers is almost comical in this day and age. Reading out tweets from half a dozen anoraks plus multiple ad breaks only adds to the blandness of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The whole VB show is jaded and dated at this stage. Discussing what's going to be in tomorrows newspapers is almost comical in this day and age. Reading out tweets from half a dozen anoraks plus multiple ad breaks only adds to the blandness of the show.

yeah the ads breaks was part of reason I stopped watching that and Vincent couldn't interrupt anybody without coughing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement