Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The thing about the battle pass is, it costs 950 vbucks/10e. I got this one and I now have 1450 bucks from levels. So next battle pass is basically free and so on. You also get the extra challenges so it's well worth it

oh i know its worth it, im just wondering if its worth it based on the amount of time left in the current battlepass. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

nix wrote: »
    oh i know its worth it, im just wondering if its worth it based on the amount of time left in the current battlepass.

Well you can still do the all the weekly challenges you've missed, so you will get 550 stars if you do all of them. That's 55 Tiers just from the weekly challenges alone (10 stars needed for 1 Tier).

Battlepass costs 950 vbucks, and by Tier 59 you will have earned 1,000 vbucks from rewards. So basically by Tier 59, you've earned back the vbucks you spent. And you also get a bunch of cosmetics, emotes, etc.

55 Tiers just from the weekly challenges alone, so you just need to do a few daily challenges or earn stars from leveling up to get the remaining 4 Tiers.

Aaaaaaand now ive just sunk €25 on the battlepass...

WTB self restraint :pac:

the extra swag and 25+ tiers was too appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Aaaaaaand now ive just sunk €25 on the battlepass...

WTB self restraint :pac:

the extra swag and 25+ tiers was too appealing

Is the battle pass not 10 quid? Or was the rest spent on opening the other tiers?

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Is the battle pass not 10 quid? Or was the rest spent on opening the other tiers?

The 25 quid one gives you an extra 25 Tiers straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Only started to get into this game a couple of weeks ago, but I love it.

I just play solo, but the elusive win keeps evading me. I get to the last few players quite a lot, and final 3 a good few times, but cannot get over the hump.

My building probably isn't where it should be. I should really go watch some videos for tips or just observe general game play. Watching the match play out helps, though.

Anyone have any tips or resources that they found helped them break the duct and win some games?

Must look into the battle pass stuff too as I've no idea about any of that stuff. I've just the basic starter inventory!

Knex. wrote: »

I just play solo, but the elusive win keeps evading me. I get to the last few players quite a lot, and final 3 a good few times, but cannot get over the hump.

My building probably isn't where it should be. I should really go watch some videos for tips or just observe general game play. Watching the match play out helps, though.

Anyone have any tips or resources that they found helped them break the duct and win some games?

Must look into the battle pass stuff too as I've no idea about any of that stuff. I've just the basic starter inventory!

There was a guide on reddit that I saw

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/85uzd1/comprehensive_guide_on_how_to_win_solos_in/

Didn't read the whole thing since I was already pretty decent at the game when it was posted, but I think it should be of some help to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

One tip id give about building is this. Unlike other shooting games where the instinctual reaction is to shoot back when you are being shot out, your instinct with Fortnite when you are being shot at is to immediately build

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I learnt most from watching some of the streamers on Youtube play. AlexRammi, Upshall, or OneRustyMachine are all good PS4 players.

It's all in the building and getting the high ground.

Always have your weapons in the same order so you can toggle faster. I always have...
    Medium | Short | Health Or Explosive | Health | Sniper

Move around quickly, never sneak, you're a sitting duck while sneaking. Jump constantly when in open ground.

Try stay on the circle margin rather than the centre. On the margin you will have a good idea what direction players are going to come from. While in the centre, they can come from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 udun

Tbh just drop in places where you'll get into a decent amount of gun fights but not tilted towers. You want to be able to practice your shooting and building as much as possible. Pleasant park, retail row and greasy Grove are all good places.

I see a lot of newer players landing in the most random of places and hiding so that they make it to the final 10/20. That's all well and good but they waste about 15 mins because they never actually win and get destroyed when they come against someone. So try get involved in fights this will improve your overall game. If you land somewhere and die within a minute 15 times in a row it's better than sitting in a bush for the same amount of time. Play to improve and the wins will come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just saw a trailer for some current affairs programme after the 9 o'clock news on RTE. "The videogame craze Fortnite that is sweeping the nation, Dr So n So is worried"
    Luckily for me I haven't gotten into it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Any regular Xbox players here. Looking for squad members

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Any regular Xbox players here. Looking for squad members

Im on xbox blanchy090.
    I'm on most evenings but a bit sporadically at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

They were talking about Fortnite last night on Claire Byrne, the usual fear mongering that it is turning young kids in to moody pre teens. There were a few people talking about it positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

They were talking about Fortnite last night on Claire Byrne, the usual fear mongering that it is turning young kids in to moody pre teens. There were a few people talking about it positively.

I seen a petition on facebook to get it banned, because their children don't do anything else.
    That's not epics fault , it's your parenting skills love.

Any links to Claire Byrne?

It's on the player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Gave it a try last night to see what all the talk is about. Tried the Battle Royale solo.

Meh.

Battle Royale is a good idea for an FPS format and I can see how kids and teenagers might like those characters, but those cartoony graphics and the 1990s gameplay wouldn't do it for me.

And how come the whole world was slating EA for some crates and this is built around in game purchases and no ones saying a word? and they aint cheap either.

And how come the whole world was slating EA for some crates and this is built around in game purchases and no ones saying a word? and they aint cheap either.

They are only cosmetic, EA's werent, Fortnite is also free.. EA's are a rip off :rolleyes:

Also another reason they went with the cartoony graphics, is they will last for years to come ala world of warcraft.

Where the likes of PUBG will have to keep doing overhauls to compete :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Vbucks aint free.

Fortnite made 120 million in March before the Mobile version came out, thats from a "free" game.

From what I could see the Battle Royale stuff was free but there were proper priced prior versions. So if you came late to Battle Royale you would have spent already 59.99 or whatever. And while I take your point on cosmetics, my point is kids will want to spend. So not spending may not inhibit your progress but you're still creating incentive to spend - ripping kids off just like EA were accused of.

And to me the cartoony graphics are just that, cartoony. No doubt we will get a lot of cosplay pics on reddit out of it, but I couldn't get into it. And the game and gunplay is like out of something from 20 years ago.

Not wanting to get into a Battlefront vs Fortnite debate but the Star Wars characters will last forever. Edit: And yes, I concede, not everyone has the luxury to buy licenses for a multi billion dollar movie franchise. I can see how the cartoony stuff makes sense that way, but its awfully retro though. And then the game play...

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Vbucks aint free.

Fortnite made 120 million in March before the Mobile version came out, thats from a "free" game.

The game is free, as in you dont need to buy it to play it, for the battle royal mode.. :rolleyes:
    From what I could see the Battle Royale stuff was free but there were proper priced prior versions. So if you came late to Battle Royale you would have spent already 59.99 or whatever. And while I take your point on cosmetics, my point is kids will want to spend. So not spending may not inhibit your progress but you're still creating incentive to spend - ripping kids off just like EA were accused of.

And to me the cartoony graphics are just that, cartoony. No doubt we will get a lot of cosplay pics on reddit out of it, but I couldn't get into it. And the game and gunplay is like out of something from 20 years ago.

Not wanting to get into a Battlefront vs Fortnite debate but the Star Wars characters will last forever. Edit: And yes, I concede, not everyone has the luxury to buy licenses for a multi billion dollar movie franchise. I can see how the cartoony stuff makes sense that way, but its awfully retro though. And then the game play...

You dont need to spend money to play the game or "catch up" the only thing spending money will get you is getting skins/fluff, EA were offering game changing benefits/buffs to people who spent money on crates, which is what all the uproar was about..

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

The game is free, as in you dont need to buy it to play it, for the battle royal mode.. :rolleyes:

Think it's appeal is the fact that it's not pay to win. You can spend a fortune on skins etc in the shop but it doesn't give you an advantage on the field

It made 120 million from skins....in the battle royale version......there is a reason its free :rolleyes:

It made 120 million from skins....in the battle royale version......there is a reason its free :rolleyes:

Yeah i know, you keep saying that like its some form of revelation only you knew about :rolleyes:

My point is the game itself is free, which it is :pac:

I didn't know that, that's impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Very well rounded discussion on Claire Byrne live, 2 informed speakers and smart audience members speaking from experiences. Long gaming sessions with no real life contact = bad, gaming in moderation = good. can't argue with that

Yeah i know, you keep saying that like its some form of revelation only you knew about :rolleyes:

My point is the game itself is free, which it is :pac:

Thats literally not a point when the entire point of the game is to buy "skins" and "boxes" and subscribe to the Amazon Prime to get twitch Prime and to get more skins from that. And the spend money on Vbucks to buy more skins because you are 12 and they look kewl?

Wait am I explaining the disgusting business model of Fortnite to a 12 year old?

I think I am.

but yeah **** **** EA and Ubisoft ......

Wait am I explaining the disgusting business model of Fortnite to a 12 year old?

No but you're acting like one
    Thats literally not a point when the entire point of the game is to buy "skins" and "boxes" and subscribe to the Amazon Prime to get twitch Prime and to get more skins from that. And the spend money on Vbucks to buy more skins because you are 12 and they look kewl?

No the game is fun and unique, you dont need to buy skins to enjoy/play it, i suppose any game that offers cosmetics isnt fun/competitive? Overwatch? Dota? LoL? PUBG? Smite? CSGO? :rolleyes:

Quit yer senseless wafflin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think I am.

but yeah **** **** EA and Ubisoft ......

The entire point of the game is to play it and enjoy it. You can totally ignore the cosmetic stuff as I have done and still get the same experience. I love it. The last time a game hooked me like this was counter strike source. I honestly have no idea what this game has to do with amazon prime and I’ve played around 100 hours so far?

As for the guy talking about 90s gameplay that honestly made me laugh. For a free game it feels pretty good to me. It’s the same engine as gears of war and to me feels pretty similar. I think the cartoony graphics make it sort of timeless and they also mean it has low hardware requirements and runs very smoothly. Can’t understand the hate that this game is getting. I guess it’s inevitable for something this big.

• Advertisement

Accidentally completed the "No Kill Win Challenge" haha. Wanted to do the "Outlive 150 opponents in Squad Mode" for the Battle Pass so I hopped into a game of Solo Squads. I was just sneaking around the map but I somehow found myself in the final 3 teams. A team of 4, a solo and me (6 players total).

The team of 4 rushed the other solo guy, but by some miracle he managed to knock down 3 of them. I thought this is my chance to steal the win, so I rushed towards them too. But by the time I got there, the last 2 left standing were fighting inside the storm. Then a few seconds later, they both died to the storm. Hence I got the Victory Royale with 0 Kills :D

120k03o.jpg

Advertisement