Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

In fairness 11 kills deserves the w

They were all squad wipes too...I was surprised. Last two had 3 kills between the two of them :( the winner had a single kill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm enjoying playing this so much. It reminds me of what it felt like playing counterstrike when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Anyone for some squads/duos? Just got it yday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 10year old son is playing fortnite on Xbox.
    Most of his friends are on ps so he doesn’t know many of his own friends to play with.
    It’s working mainly very well but i think one boy is trying g to take over. If my son is in a party orher boy expects my boy to leave and play with him. This boy doesn’t like playing in groups he will be rude until my son leaves party.

If my son wants ti stay in party he will send messages. (This boy started last night. ) We are in Ireland, by his accent this boy is in U.K. and I feel he is younger than 10 and possibly immature..

Is blocking this child An over reaction?
    If we block him can he just create a new profile and find Us again?

My initial reaction was a sure god help him, don’t be mean and leave him out but after the messages, I think stronger action is needed.

I just don’t want to over react

Thsnks fir any help

Just block him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What do ye think of the new mode? I think it’s ok. The close range hunting rifle battles are a bit tedious. People are employing interesting tactics though. I made it to second last night but the circle was over one of the mountains. The last guy built a huge fort around the top of the mountain and when I eventually made it up there he used one of those pulse grenades to blast me way out into the storm and take the win...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

Anyone on ps4 interested in some evening squad games? New or old to the game just looking for some proper people to play with reply on here or PM me your PSN I'd and I'll add you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cynortas wrote: »
    Anyone on ps4 interested in some evening squad games? New or old to the game just looking for some proper people to play with reply on here or PM me your PSN I'd and I'll add you
    Add me away markcahill1985 - mostly on weekends. Justs end an invite if you see me on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

Add me away markcahill1985 - mostly on weekends. Justs end an invite if you see me on :-)

Added you there Mark :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still cant play it on xbox, because I made account on pss4, when I wanted to see whats the noise about.
    Went to their website and linked xbox account too, but when I try to log in in game it just tells me account is for different platform, cant even try to use different account as game automatically force log in with old details. I guess I will miss out on current fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Still cant play it on xbox, because I made account on pss4, when I wanted to see whats the noise about.
    Went to their website and linked xbox account too, but when I try to log in in game it just tells me account is for different platform, cant even try to use different account as game automatically force log in with old details. I guess I will miss out on current fad.

That seems odd. I have it on PS4, iOS and PC without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

That seems odd. I have it on PS4, iOS and PC without any issues.

Sony hasn't agreed to crossplay between PS4 and Xbox. That's why you need separate accounts for both I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Played for a few hours last night and Monday and could not find one decent squad with Mics. Can be real annoying when playing with random people.
    All my reg squad are on sea of thieves.
    Got another solo win in the snipers though, was nice :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Played a random squad game yesterday and one of my team landed with the dragon chute. To say they carried me would be incorrect, as if I hadn't survived until the end, I wouldn't have been last man standing. Player 3 was my guy, player 2 took him out and was heading my way before the storm took him, #1 Victory Royale. Total team kills was 13, mine was zero :D

I'm in the top 3 and the last 2 guys are trying to build a 1x1 fort higher than the other. One of them stops at 11 stories high and the other is about 10 stories high. Then they start spamming AR shots at each other.

The 11 storey base is closer to me so I run towards it and destroy all the bottom walls with my pickaxe. The rest of the base collapses and the guy falls to his death. Then the storm starts moving and unfortunately for the other guy in the 10 storey base, it's not in the circle. So he decides to build platforms from the top of his base towards the circle. I let him place 4 or 5 platforms before I shoot down the one he's standing on and start dancing while he's falling to his death.

I didn't get either of those kills, but I love hilarious endings like that. Especially the 1st guy. Watching his base crumble from the bottom all the way to the top and then seeing him fall was so satisfying and funny.

jamescd wrote: »
    I'm in the top 3 and the last 2 guys are trying to build a 1x1 fort higher than the other. One of them stops at 11 stories high and the other is about 10 stories high. Then they start spamming AR shots at each other.

The 11 storey base is closer to me so I run towards it and destroy all the bottom walls with my pickaxe. The rest of the base collapses and the guy falls to his death. Then the storm starts moving and unfortunately for the other guy in the 10 storey base, it's not in the circle. So he decides to build platforms from the top of his base towards the circle. I let him place 4 or 5 platforms before I shoot down the one he's standing on and start dancing while he's falling to his death.

I didn't get either of those kills, but I love hilarious endings like that. Especially the 1st guy. Watching his base crumble from the bottom all the way to the top and then seeing him fall was so satisfying and funny.

I wouldn't be so sure about the kills. My teammate shot down a stairway to heaven and I'm nearly sure it said xxx eliminated xxx with a great fall.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I don't know what the trigger is, but you can get credit for such kills. I cut the tower in lonely lodge all the time, great fun but sometimes get a kill credit as well.

I wouldn't be so sure about the kills. My teammate shot down a stairway to heaven and I'm nearly sure it said xxx eliminated xxx with a great fall.
    delly wrote: »
    I don't know what the trigger is, but you can get credit for such kills. I cut the tower in lonely lodge all the time, great fun but sometimes get a kill credit as well.

Yeah I've been credited kills for it before, but unfortunately this time I didn't.

It's definitely a bit inconsistent. I read somewhere that it's something to do with jumping. Like if the guy jumps up just as you destroy the platform he's on, you won't get the kill. In other words, his feet have to be touching the platform the moment it's destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sony hasn't agreed to crossplay between PS4 and Xbox. That's why you need separate accounts for both I think.

Thats the exact issue. I made account on ps4 ages ago to see how is it on consoles, then bought xbox one x. I cant make or play account now, because its ps4 and my email is used for it. Its stupid. I need a brand new email and account just to play fortnight on x box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Sign into your epic account and unlink it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MARKone84

Hi, is there an Irish Discord channel for PC players by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,580 ✭✭✭✭klose

Finally got my first solo win earlier today, after a heap of top 5s,3rds and 2nd places I finally got there :D

klose wrote: »
    Finally got my first solo win earlier today, after a heap of top 5s,3rds and 2nd places I finally got there :D

Congrats. After the first one, more will follow :)

On a side note, I had to buy the new black space shuttle glider. I told myself I'd never buy a glider, but I couldn't resist the temptation :pac:

It didn't cost me a single cent anyway because when I tried to buy 1,000 vbucks a few months ago for the Season 3 Battle Pass, there was an error and I ended up with 2,000 vbucks instead. I requested that they take away 1,000 vbucks from my account and refund me €10, but they refunded me €20 instead and let me keep the vbucks. So in the end, I got 2,000 vbucks for absolutely nothing.

Got 4 squad wins today. Seems easy when you coordinate with each other and not playing with eegits running after loot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

klose wrote: »

Same, i have only been playing a few days though :D

Slowly but surely learning the importance and how to build stuff, its the only thing i dont like about the game and wish'd they would just offer a non build version :pac:

Yeah i know, fat chance of that considering the name of the game :o

The bullet drop on snipers seems pretty short, having trouble getting hits on the heavy hitting scope sniper :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Congrats. After the first one, more will follow :)

On a side note, I had to buy the new black space shuttle glider. I told myself I'd never buy a glider, but I couldn't resist the temptation :pac:

It didn't cost me a single cent anyway because when I tried to buy 1,000 vbucks a few months ago for the Season 3 Battle Pass, there was an error and I ended up with 2,000 vbucks instead. I requested that they take away 1,000 vbucks from my account and refund me €10, but they refunded me €20 instead and let me keep the vbucks. So in the end, I got 2,000 vbucks for absolutely nothing.

Nice, i splashed out on the raven skin/glider, had a quick skim through skins and it was by far the best looking one so said **** it, games free, they deserve money, do it. I'm not gonna get this battle pass, only like 1/3 of the season left from what i can tell, ill hang on till next season :D

Got 4 squad wins today. Seems easy when you coordinate with each other and not playing with eegits running after loot

Yeah I’ve started playing with a few lads from work now and we communicate via teamspeak. 75% of squads are randoms that got put together but when you get down to the last 3 or 4 squads they are usually working together properly. We got wrecked earlier by a squad who split into groups of 2 and one group flanked us while the other drew our attention :( that was the first time I’ve seen that level of coordination in this game. Squads is a bit more fun than solos I think, definitely easier to get wins.

nix wrote: »
    Nice, i splashed out on the raven skin/glider, had a quick skim through skins and it was by far the best looking one so said **** it, games free, they deserve money, do it. I'm not gonna get this battle pass, only like 1/3 of the season left from what i can tell, ill hang on till next season :D

The thing about the battle pass is, it costs 950 vbucks/10e. I got this one and I now have 1450 bucks from levels. So next battle pass is basically free and so on. You also get the extra challenges so it's well worth it

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice that sometimes the game lags just as you're about to shoot someone?

Advertisement