Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

nix wrote: »
    I cant decide on whether to get the pass or bundle

I got the bundle last season but thats cause i started late but i still finished the 100 tiers easily.. so im thinking the pass would be grand?

Oh lawdy, decisions!
    I just got the 950 vbucks one. I did the same last season and I got to Tier 100 with like 2 weeks to spare so it should be pretty similar this time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't care about passes, challenges or any of the cosmetic stuff really. I actually loved the 50 v 50 game mode and now that its gone I'm kind of bored of the game since im just back to getting wrecked in solos over and over. I haven't played anything but 50 v 50 since it was added. Is anyone else finding the game a little harder these days? I haven't won a solo / squad game in weeks now. I think I'm going to give it a rest until they add some new game modes. The changes to the map are cool though. I like the rocks that you can eat that let you jump like its moon gravity but that place is a total cluster fcuk since most of the server goes there every time. But then if you go elsewhere there's nobody around which makes mid game dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

nix wrote: »
    I cant decide on whether to get the pass or bundle

I got the bundle last season but thats cause i started late but i still finished the 100 tiers easily.. so im thinking the pass would be grand?

Oh lawdy, decisions!

I'd say the pass would be enough I ended up on level 70-80 on season 3 and I bought it with like 20 days left. That's with only playing a small amount too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Is 50v50 gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Doing the challenges will rank you to the top. I didn't even finish the last 4 weeks challenges and was level 100 long before season ended

• Advertisement

Is 50v50 gone?

Yes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

50v50 will be back at some point.

They alternate these game modes a lot and bring them out for only short amount of times. Wasn't the biggest 50v50 fan out there but maybe just down to my luck. The team aspect seemed to go out the window for a lot of the games I played when I wasn't in a party with my friends.

The tipping point was when I saw one of our guys getting attacked by three people on his own, I ran over and finished two off while the third got me. He killed the third and sat there refusing to revive me, just waited for me to die to take my stuff so he could heal up and get ammo haha!

This isn't the only time when I played it either where it was like this. It's a fun game mode if you want chaos, and love the building in it but I'm not as upset as others as I had gone off it.

No doubt this season we will see it back again or the 20v20, explosive mode, or snipers only etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Yea I agree Adam, it was a good game to get kills but when you were downed it was common for teammates to just wait for your stuff.
    I finished the battle pass easy. Will get it again this time but havnt played the last few days. No rush as the battle pass can be easily done in the time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have the founders edition a while now and started playing Save the World this week to get the friend codes for the kids, its actually very very good.( I have earned 3k V Bucks playing it) its why I want to get the kids the codes so they can fcuk off asking for money for the battle pass :D

It ticks all the boxes for the 4 horseman , open world, crafting, survival and zombies.

It throws XP screens and loot screens at you like a mofo at the beginning and for a while I had no ****ing clue what was going on with several skills trees, several types of XP and several types of survivors heroes etc:

But once you get used to it (still a bit clueless) and it is very easy at the start, once the enemies are a higher level than you its interesting. So level 15ish is when i found it challenging. The missions are pretty much the same, find something defend it. But when you play with higher level players you see them building weird **** that makes no sense then when the wave comes......you get it.

Surprised its actually quite good and I have it since it came out and never bothered playing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Any advice for a no skin noob.

Just getting rolled every fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Sight808 wrote: »

Buy yourself some skins, should even the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

I recommend going into the lit up areas like tilted towers to get better at gunfights. Also try and get quicker at building and build cover whenever you are getting shot at. Keep track of the safezone and make sure you have enough time to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Withrax wrote: »
    I recommend going into the lit up areas like tilted towers to get better at gunfights. Also try and get quicker at building and build cover whenever you are getting shot at. Keep track of the safezone and make sure you have enough time to get there.

That was a positive of 50v50.

My friend and I switched our controls to the building one where each building type is assigned to a button rather than scrolling. Played a game or two of 50v50, where we would land away from circle get a lot of materials and just practice building forts/stairs/blocking shots etc. until storm would begin to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,150 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thanos is coming tomorrow. Infinity Gauntlet will spawn once a game, whoever gets it will be as OP as the Mad Titan...

http://ew.com/gaming/2018/05/07/thanos-fortnite-avengers-infinity-war/?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So my daughter started Fortnite and I finally decides to sort that **** and try to get it playable on xbox one.
    I had made ps4 account to see how it is on consoles, played few matches and bought xbox one x. So my epic account is linked to ps4 and I cant play on other platforms. Tried to unlink it, relink it, overlink it, sublink it, ****link it and still same.
    In the end made another email just for special snowflake Epic games!

Saying all that, I played until 3 a.m. last night and got battlepass too. Still horrible at it, but I managed to get a good few top 10 and one top 3 solo with kills. Really enjoying it and its a lot more fun then pubg ( dont want to start war here, just personal opinion ). Downtime between matches is tiny and it runs so smooth on xbox one x. That cartoony style really makes it feel a lot more accessible and easy going.
    My 9 year old ratty sucks at Fortnite, but I have to admit, it was fun for a change playing something that we both enjoy. :) She had her first kill too, made me so proud. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

building > shooting

Sight808 wrote: »

Don't go to tilted. It's not great for learning as its too chaotic and you don't really get a chance to practice building as most of the fighting happens indoors. Retail row, greasy grove, pleasant park are better as there will always be a few players for you to fight against but not 20+ all in a tiny area. Theres also space for you to practice building. Keep landing in the same place over and over until you learn where the chests spawn. This means that after a while you'll be able to land and get 2 or 3 chests in the first few seconds which means you should have some shield and a decent weapon early on. Try to stay on the edge of the cirlce as opposed to right in the middle, this means you are less likely to get shot from behind and more likely to get the drop on other players. If you get shot at build walls straight away, don't look around to try and see where the person is just build first and then try and figure out whats going on. Try and always get the high ground, build up using ramps and walls to get a height advantage. Farm materials any chance you get. Noobs have a tendency to ignore the building aspect of the game but you can't win without it.

You're still going to get wrecked an awful lot. I've played around 1000 games now I think and I have less than 100 wins, but I suck :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How are people finding Thanos mode?

Admittedly not finding the love for it. The game mechanics seem tweaked so it's easier to take out players. Also I watched a game where a non-skin played with no kills got a Victory Royale. Purely from hiding while Thanos got killed in the storm. Storm damage is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

faceman wrote: »
    How are people finding Thanos mode?

Admittedly not finding the love for it. The game mechanics seem tweaked so it's easier to take out players. Also I watched a game where a non-skin played with no kills got a Victory Royale. Purely from hiding while Thanos got killed in the storm. Storm damage is massive.

Ha could have been me last night, having dinner, hid in a shack, towards the end, thanks got killed just outside the storm, I picked the gauntlet up and got victory Royale straight away :D:D a wins a win. not sure what a non skin is though?

morritty wrote: »
    Ha could have been me last night, having dinner, hid in a shack, towards the end, thanks got killed just outside the storm, I picked the gauntlet up and got victory Royale straight away :D:D a wins a win. not sure what a non skin is though?

Non skin in someone who has just the basic skins that u start with. There's a misconception that these players are noobs or useless.
    They are either noobs or brilliant these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

morritty wrote: »

non-skin would be the default skin

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Wasn't me then

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm loving the new mode, nice quick games with a few easy kills included. I find a lot of these limited modes are good for noobs like myself.

I only tried it once and died to the storm. Must give it another go I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Its fun being Thanos if you can get it, I managed to get like 7 kills the time I got it

I played about 20 rounds this morning. I haven't played at all since they got rid of 50 v 50. Got wrecked in every game, usually by the first playr i came across which isn't much fun really so I'm going to leave it again until they bring in new game modes i think.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I played about 20 rounds this morning. I haven't played at all since they got rid of 50 v 50. Got wrecked in every game, usually by the first playr i came across which isn't much fun really so I'm going to leave it again until they bring in new game modes i think.

You will not get any better if you will just give up. Its a game, where you need to learn from you mistakes and get better.
    I am 32 year old fart and getting tea bagged by 7 year olds from France... I havent won any matches and furthest I got was top 3. When I started I was getting killed instantly and now I had games where I managed to kill 5 people. Yes, I suck, I am too old for these twitch reaction shooters, but I am getting a bit better as I learn locations, how weapons handle, what to do in particular situation etc. Only practice will make you not die to first dude met.
    Playing these group modes will never make you better at game, no offense m8.

In the end, its still about fun factor. As soon as I get too tired of tea bagging, I just make a break and play something else, then come back.

You will not get any better if you will just give up. Its a game, where you need to learn from you mistakes and get better.
    I am 32 year old fart and getting tea bagged by 7 year olds from France... I havent won any matches and furthest I got was top 3. When I started I was getting killed instantly and now I had games where I managed to kill 5 people. Yes, I suck, I am too old for these twitch reaction shooters, but I am getting a bit better as I learn locations, how weapons handle, what to do in particular situation etc. Only practice will make you not die to first dude met.
    Playing these group modes will never make you better at game, no offense m8.

In the end, its still about fun factor. As soon as I get too tired of tea bagging, I just make a break and play something else, then come back.

I've played almost 1000 rounds now but thanks for the info. I need new game modes, just doing the same thing over and over gets boring.

I've played almost 1000 rounds now but thanks for the info. I need new game modes, just doing the same thing over and over gets boring.

I did not intended to be a dick. On the other hand if you getting wrecked by first player met after 1000 of games, then I think you really put too much effort in to 50v50 and it perfectly explains why you having so much trouble.

As I said, its about fun, if you not enjoying it, then no point playing it. I played in the afternoon, got wrecked and annoyed, so I went to play Monster hunter. Will get shower now and play more Fortnite before misses comes back home. :)

• Advertisement

I only tried it once and died to the storm. Must give it another go I suppose.

Try again and land in an area just outside the ring. The storm is faster and gives more damage. Stay at the edge and work in. Should get some handy kills as most people are focused on thanos.

Advertisement