Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

MadYaker wrote: »
    I never give a fcuk about challenges in games. Winning games is challenge enough for me! Only 19 wins in well over 300 games :( All solo though
    Well, give the laws of probability, given other factors as equal, you're doing better than average, which theoretically is 3 wins out of 300. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does the pink bear outfit make you much easier to spot in the distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Anyone on xbox? I'm Blanchy090 have a couple of play with friends challenges that I need to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Free to add me, Big in Korea. I've mainly been on PUBG of late though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Played a couple of games on iOS. A surprisingly good port. Managed to clear out a couple of the week 4 challenges too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

faceman wrote: »
    Played a couple of games on iOS. A surprisingly good port. Managed to clear out a couple of the week 4 challenges too.
    How long did it take for you to get the download link after registering?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m so sick of the jumping shotguns. They need to make jumping affect your aim massively like it does in most shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I’m so sick of the jumping shotguns. They need to make jumping affect your aim massively like it does in most shooters.

Thats the style of the game though. If you want realism, try PUBG. I quite enjoy both, but I find myself getting annoyed because im **** at building and it doesnt play out like a standard shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I find that a lot of jumpers tend to whiff their shots anyway. I would say 6 or 7 out of 10 jumpers that I run into miss a few shots, which allows me to kill them first. Of course there also some people who headshot you twice in 2 shots while still jumping aroud, but thankfully I don't run into them that often.

In fact 2 days ago, I won a game because the guy jumped and whiffed his shot. It was 1v1 and I built a ramp up to the platform the guy was on. But my character got stuck on the base of the stairs that I just built. I tried jumping, moving forward and backward, but I just could not move. The guy looks down, aims his pump at me and hits me for 120 something damage. I was left with 38 HP.

At that point I gave up on moving and just fired back while standing completely still. Headshotted him with a tac for 90 something damage. The guy panics and jumps in the air, shoots his pump for a 2nd time and completely misses. I line up the shot while he's in midair and hit him for 64 damage, which kills him.

I was literally standing there motionless with 38 HP. It was probably harder to miss me than hit! The guy only had to hit me in the arm or something and I would have been dead. But because of the panic jump he completely whiffed his shot :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Nailz wrote: »
    How long did it take for you to get the download link after registering?

Few days but I registered within a few hours of launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

brianregan09 if anyone wants to add me on psn

I’ve some iOS invites if anyone wants one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I’ve some iOS invites if anyone wants one

Hi faceman,

I’d love one please.

Quad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Has anyone had issues with sound on the iOS version? I can’t hear anything on the iPad.

Edit: never mind, I had silent mode on��

Thats the style of the game though. If you want realism, try PUBG. I quite enjoy both, but I find myself getting annoyed because im **** at building and it doesnt play out like a standard shooter.

I have pubg too but I never really got into it. It runs so poorly and I wouldn’t call it realistic. I prefer the arms 3 mod to pubg. It’s a bit more realistic. Get shot more than once with pretty much any gun and you’re dead.

I’ve started going to tilted towers every time now. It’s a bit of a clusterfcuk but if you get a gun quick you can get a good few kills.

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi faceman,

I’d love one please.

Quad

No probs, send me a message with your email

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Also would like one for the kid?

Will send you my email address.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I got my first ever win thanks to the iOS version. Didn’t see a single person the whole way through and managed a lucky kill at the end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Finding the iOS version very difficult to play. I find aiming impossible, but it's definitely a bit easier on the iPad than on the iPhone. People seem to play with completely different tactics. I've seen people just run at each other, aimlessly shooting and hoping for luck.

Overall it's a very good port though. The game is identical to the console version, but with lower level textures. I'm surprised it runs as well as it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I'm really enjoying the new blitz mode, faster paced with good weapons everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can Twitch Prime skins be shared? I see they are for sale so assume if I on twitch Prime I can give the skins to the kid?

I found if I aim for the lake beside tilted towers my chute pops when I’m quite low and I can fly directly to the tower with the 4 air con units on top and I almost always get their first which means I can get a gun and usually a kill or two. Then I just wait while chaos ensues below me and I’m usually well set for the round. The jumping shotguns are still annoying but I’ve turned my mouse sensitivity up which has improved my aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can Twitch Prime skins be shared? I see they are for sale so assume if I on twitch Prime I can give the skins to the kid?

You mean you've already claimed it and it's already in your Epic account? If that's the case, I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Summer In the City

I started playing this last night on Ps4. I can't hit a barn door. Is there a lock on option or anything? Everyone is bunny hopping around like lunatics.

Ha there's no lock on option. But yeah the bunnyhopping is annoying. The reason everyone's doing it is because jumping doesn't affect your aim very much, especially with shotguns although I've seen people be pretty accurate with ARs and SMGs while jumping too. Hopefully the devs will release a patch soon that fixes that.

Maybe read some beginner guides online and then stick at it for a few hours, you will improve quite fast once you learn the game a bit and start to get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

I started playing this last night on Ps4. I can't hit a barn door. Is there a lock on option or anything? Everyone is bunny hopping around like lunatics.

Yeah no lock on but there is an aim assist which is automatically set to on. TBH I don't think it assists anything, does anybody feel it works?

Automatic assist does help. If someone is running, aim ahead of them rather than aiming for behind them. Thanks to aim assist you’ll usually hit them if you aim in front of them while they’re running.

Also try experiment with controller stick sensitivity. By default it’s at 5 but mine is at 3 and that makes a huge difference. Some have it even lower.

Yeah the hopping around is very annoying. Especially when someone hops all over the place and then kills you in 2 shots after you have hit then 5-6 times. But that just shows you how effective it is as a tactic. It definitely takes away from the fun of the game i wish they would do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Automatic assist does help. If someone is running, aim ahead of them rather than aiming for behind them. Thanks to aim assist you’ll usually hit them if you aim in front of them while they’re running.

Also try experiment with controller stick sensitivity. By default it’s at 5 but mine is at 3 and that makes a huge difference. Some have it even lower.

Thanks I'll try that

• Advertisement

I need to get better at building, most of the time I don't really bother with it unless I want to get up on a hill or rooftop or build a fort for myself. I can out-gun most people (even if they build) but I find when I get down to the last ten or so, they are usually pretty good players and I can't always out-gun them and because I'm slow at building I usually die. I almost wish there was a single player mode where I could just practice building faster.

Advertisement