Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I played a few more games of the thanos game mode there. It's bloody hard to take him down. The LMG and RPG do good damage but if you get anyway close to him you're dead. Id say the best chance of getting it would be to follow him and try kill whoever kills him and then nab the glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MadYaker wrote: »
    I played a few more games of the thanos game mode there. It's bloody hard to take him down. The LMG and RPG do good damage but if you get anyway close to him you're dead. Id say the best chance of getting it would be to follow him and try kill whoever kills him and then nab the glove.

Actually snipers work magic on him. He is easy to hit due to bigger avator. Thing is, if he comes to you, you are fecked.
    Its kind of fun mode. Very fast going. Usually I just ignore Thanos and go hunting. Pretty sure all loot is increased too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Finally got my first win thanks to this Thanos mode, got down to the last 2 where I have been before a few times and the other players superior building skills was always my downfall. I dont know if Thanos can build or not but this guy didnt and he is a big ass target who does not care for rocket launchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

mutley18 wrote: »
    Finally got my first win thanks to this Thanos mode, got down to the last 2 where I have been before a few times and the other players superior building skills was always my downfall. I dont know if Thanos can build or not but this guy didnt and he is a big ass target who does not care for rocket launchers!

No Thanos cannot build. He can just jump, punch and shoot a laser beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Its a completely different mode to the standard game, blue zone moves faster and does more damage, loot is increased and there are llamas EVERYWHERE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Killed the first Thanos that dropped and took it for myself....went on to win the game with 13 kills :pac: so easy to use him

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

How do you control Thanos? Are punch and laser beam different buttons?

I actually had good few good matches today. I suck at building and panic, but today decided to go against my habits and start building barricades when getting in to fights. And damn, so many times I would be dead, if I have not done that!

Right now my biggest issue is.... My TV lol. Its 42inch, which is a bit far away. In games like this you pretty much need to shoot between pixels and I cant do that as I just cant see anything! Hopefully I will sort it out soon. Doing first step today and getting New Chest drawer where TV will go!

Harambe wrote: »
    How do you control Thanos? Are punch and laser beam different buttons?

Yeah of course. On PC, punch is left mouse button and laser is right.

Sniper headshots are so satisfying in this game. Whats the effective range of the sniper? I killed a guy from 276m this morning which is my longest i think. I don't think I've ever seen one over 300m?

• Advertisement

Sniper headshots are so satisfying in this game. Whats the effective range of the sniper? I killed a guy from 276m this morning which is my longest i think. I don't think I've ever seen one over 300m?

I think I saw one on youtube months ago that was over 300. Still, 276 is quite nice. My longest is only 260-ish.

On another note, Thanos biggest weakness is a skybase. Despite all his powers, he has no means to destroy your structures when you're very high up :pac:

256dy0i.jpg

That's me up there on the skybase. The guy (Thanos) noticed me up there when there were only 4 players left and he kept trying to laser my platforms to no avail. Then he eventually gave up and just killed the other 2 players first. Then the final circle closed in rapidly and he died pretty quickly (Thanos takes massive damage in the storm). Easy win :pac:

Hahaha thats hilarious. I guess he can't jump that high? :pac:

I'm normally crap with the sniper but that guy was stood still for ages. Such a satifying BING

Hahaha thats hilarious. I guess he can't jump that high? :pac:

I'm normally crap with the sniper but that guy was stood still for ages. Such a satifying BING

Yeah he can't. I watched the replay from his POV, and when it was just me and him left, he just kept trying to jump up towards my base but got nowhere near it.

See that tree beside Thanos in the pic I posted? The funniest part was when he hid behind that tree for a good minute or so. That's because when he shot his laser towards me for like the 3rd time, I sniped him right in the face. The mighty Thanos cowering behind a tree afraid of getting sniped haha :D

did he not try jump in the air and then lazer? instead of lazering from the ground?

nix wrote: »
    did he not try jump in the air and then lazer? instead of lazering from the ground?

No he didn't. As I've said, he tried to laser me from the ground 3 times or so. But then I sniped him right in the face. I guess he was too afraid to stand still and laser me after that :D

I don't think his laser would've reached anyway. I've seen people complaining on Reddit that the range of Thanos' laser beam should be increased so it can reach bases very high up.

Yeah id imagine this will become a common strat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cili wrote: »
    great but there are a lot of bugs that programmators must resolve

Ahh there isnt in fairness.

you paid 0 dollars for a game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ok I take it back. Thanos mode has grown on me. It’s a great way of clearing out challenges. Although I’ve yet to be Thanos or even come close to being Thanos despite a few 2nd and 3rd places

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

50 v 50, what a game mode. Starting to get the hang of this now and clocking up 3-5 kills per game.
    Enjoying Duos also as my g/f has started playing. And it's free.

Well well well, this old 32 year old fart just got his first solo Win!!! Up yours 7 year olds with reflexes of cat on speed!!!
    Killed only two people in all match. One at start and the last one in shotgun duel. John Wick had to go down lol.
    So I am playing my xbox in bedroom, with misses sleeping next to me. When I got win I wanted to scream!!! Instead I got up from laying position with both hands out like dark souls bro. Still woke her up... :pac: she wasn't impressed when I showed her screen. "Did you woke me up for this ****?!"

• Advertisement

Me again, I guess I am the only boardsie who is playing fortnite. In fairness, I was really late to the bus, I mean party. :pac:

Anyway, played a few games today and I managed to win two more Solo games!!!

In one game I had 6 kills!!! I still suck, but at least I can say I won a few times now and it wasn't I fluke. :D

How people finding ability to reach tier 100? Its my first season and I was late by over a week. Right now I am level 49 and tier 59. All 5 weeks challanges done and secret stars picked up. I did a bit of maths and if I do the rest of challanges and do almost all dailies I might reach tier 100. I just hope ill manage to pick up all dailies. Ability to stack them is a life saver for someone like me. I can tackle those on days off when I collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Me again, I guess I am the only boardsie who is playing fortnite. In fairness, I was really late to the bus, I mean party. :pac:

In one game I had 6 kills!!! I still suck, but at least I can say I won a few times now and it wasn't I fluke. :D

How people finding ability to reach tier 100? Its my first season and I was late by over a week. Right now I am level 49 and tier 59. All 5 weeks challanges done and secret stars picked up. I did a bit of maths and if I do the rest of challanges and do almost all dailies I might reach tier 100. I just hope ill manage to pick up all dailies. Ability to stack them is a life saver for someone like me. I can tackle those on days off when I collect them.

I was a week late with week 3. You'll be fine man.
    I'm still playing.
    The standard has risen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I’m still playing too. (PS4)

I'm Tier 68, Level 57 (and I haven't even done the week 5 challenges yet). Getting to Tier 100 should be easy enough so I'm not worried about that.

Getting to Level 80 though is the challenging part. At Tier 100 you unlock the Omega skin. And then to unlock all his armor pieces, you need to reach Level 80.

I know I'm already Level 57 and there's still 30 something days to go, but from Level 70 onwards, the amount of XP needed to level up is insane. I played way more last season and I only made it to Level 74. This season I'm playing less so I think I might just barely make Level 70. So my dreams of getting that fully upgraded Omega skin might not happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Speaking of which, does anyone have break down of points given?
    Ie, 50 for a kill, 25 for a revive etc?

jamescd wrote: »
    I'm Tier 68, Level 57 (and I haven't even done the week 5 challenges yet). Getting to Tier 100 should be easy enough so I'm not worried about that.

Getting to Level 80 though is the challenging part. At Tier 100 you unlock the Omega skin. And then to unlock all his armor pieces, you need to reach Level 80.

I know I'm already Level 57 and there's still 30 something days to go, but from Level 70 onwards, the amount of XP needed to level up is insane. I played way more last season and I only made it to Level 74. This season I'm playing less so I think I might just barely make Level 70. So my dreams of getting that fully upgraded Omega skin might not happen :(

I started off from a scratch, so no 5 tier boost unfortunately. Dont have that much time to play too with 12h shifts at work. Still, I think I will manage tier 100, if not, earned v bucks will go to boost it up to 100.

Level 80 really looks like a pain in a hole to achieve. I am not even aiming for it anymore. I will be happy enough with 4 pieces. Helmet is level 60? Right?

I joined last season with 3 weeks left and had it completed in two, i did buy the BP with 25+ extra levels, but it really wast necessary at all. Completing all challenges will get you the bulk of the levels.

I dont play much anymore as none of my mates like it, and i get bored of solo's constantly. :( So im back to playing PUBG mostly at the moment.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I got my first solo win in a standard solo match last week, the feeling is pretty amazing, adrenalin flowing and literally shaking afterwards. I'm a couple of weeks shy of 40, so have to adapt due to the old arthritis :D

delly wrote: »
    I got my first solo win in a standard solo match last week, the feeling is pretty amazing, adrenalin flowing and literally shaking afterwards. I'm a couple of weeks shy of 40, so have to adapt due to the old arthritis :D

I’m not that far ahead of you! ;)

I got a duo win recently, victory Royale with no kills! I hadn’t realised it was a duo match until my partner got killed early on. I got right to the end the storm closed in on western unmarked area with all the containers. Figured feck it may as well try to outwit rather than kill. I got lucky! Such a buzz too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Im still playing on Xbox (Blanchy090)

Im hoping to get to tier 100 but I dont think ill make it to lvl 80

Advertisement