Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

jamescd wrote: »
    Accidentally completed the "No Kill Win Challenge" haha. Wanted to do the "Outlive 150 opponents in Squad Mode" for the Battle Pass so I hopped into a game of Solo Squads. I was just sneaking around the map but I somehow found myself in the final 3 teams. A team of 4, a solo and me (6 players total).

The team of 4 rushed the other solo guy, but by some miracle he managed to knock down 3 of them. I thought this is my chance to steal the win, so I rushed towards them too. But by the time I got there, the last 2 left standing were fighting inside the storm. Then a few seconds later, they both died to the storm. Hence I got the Victory Royale with 0 Kills :D

120k03o.jpg

That's brilliant :D
    Seen on on FB were a chap hid in a bush and in the last two, the other chap died from a fall.

Anyone know when stats will be back up?
    Just on the debate earlier. The battle pass costs 950 vbucks. I said feck it I'd get it for the extra challenges. Paid the tenner got 1000 vbucks. From leveling up in the battle pass i now have 1450 vbucks, making the future battle passes basically free.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

I not gonna lie I got fecking sick of this game. I started playing in late September and deleted it at the start of February. I played my first game again yesterday and starting to like it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

How long does it take to build up the 950 vbucks from the battle pass? I play maybe an hour a night at the minute ( hopefully longer again in the next few weeks)

Would it be worth getting the battle pass now or should i just wait for the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    How long does it take to build up the 950 vbucks from the battle pass? I play maybe an hour a night at the minute ( hopefully longer again in the next few weeks)

Would it be worth getting the battle pass now or should i just wait for the next one?

You need to get to Tier 59 to earn 1,000 vbucks in rewards. The Week 8 challenges are about to be unlocked in a day or two. If you do the Week 1 - Week 8 Battle Pass Challenges and the Free Pass Challenges, that'll give you 45 Tiers straight away. The weekly challenges are pretty straight forward tbh. You can easily get them done in a day or two if you so wish.

In other words, you can pretty much jump from Tier 1 to Tier 46 by just spending a few days grinding the current unlocked weekly challenges. Then you can use the remaining time in the season to get to Tier 59 very easily (either by completing the Week 9 and Week 10 Challenges when they are unlocked, or by completing Daily Challenges and Leveling Up).

jamescd wrote: »
    You need to get to Tier 59 to earn 1,000 vbucks in rewards. The Week 8 challenges are about to be unlocked in a day or two. If you do the Week 1 - Week 8 Battle Pass Challenges and the Free Pass Challenges, that'll give you 45 Tiers straight away. The weekly challenges are pretty straight forward tbh. You can easily get them done in a day or two if you so wish.

In other words, you can pretty much jump from Tier 1 to Tier 46 by just spending a few days grinding the current unlocked weekly challenges. Then you can use the remaining time in the season to get to Tier 59 very easily (either by completing the Week 9 and Week 10 Challenges when they are unlocked, or by completing Daily Challenges and Leveling Up).

Thanks for that, I think im mid 20s on the free tier now so the challenges would be enough to get me the rest of the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Anyone know when stats will be back up?

You can check your stats on https://fortnitetracker.com/. These are still being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Blanchy90 wrote: »

I got the battlepass 2 days ago and ive already unlocked most of the rewards, i did splash out on the €25 euro version though which unlocks 25 levels on top of what you have unlocked. Not sure if that was a good idea yet or not, ive only got like 20 or so levels to go to unlock everything and thats only 2 days, i do play more than one hour a day though..

Oh and at the end ill have like 1300 or 1400 vbucks from the battle pass alone, grand job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

nix wrote: »
    ive only got like 20 or so levels to go to unlock everything and thats only 2 days, i do play more than one hour a day though..

I'm only about 6 Tiers away from Tier 100. When the Week 8 Challenges unlock and I get them completed, that should get me over the line. Been dying to get my hands on that John Wick skin.

Unfortunately I'm going on a 5 day holiday to Barcelona on Saturday. I guess John Wick will have to wait until next week :(

Or I could download Fortnite on the Ipad and play it over there. But a certain person will not be happy if I do so :pac:

Scotty # wrote: »
    You can check your stats on https://fortnitetracker.com/. These are still being updated.

Cheers I did that but it looked like they hadn't been updated in months. I was looking at the current battle pass though :rolleyes:

I think I'll just go ahead and get it this weekend sure if I dont get enough vbucks for the next battle pass I can just get the starter kit

• Advertisement

I'll be on today blanchy. Think I added you yesterday. She's working mad hours this week so I'll be on most of the weekend too :D help you get up the tiers

I'll be on today blanchy. Think I added you yesterday. She's working mad hours this week so I'll be on most of the weekend too :D help you get up the tiers

Cheers hopefully I'll get on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’ve the day off today and it’s unplayable. This is the third time servers are down on my day off. Apparently the servers are back up now but I have to wait in line for 30 mins just to attempt a log in which isn’t even working even though my password is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Brick_96

MadYaker wrote: »
    I’ve the day off today and it’s unplayable. This is the third time servers are down on my day off. Apparently the servers are back up now but I have to wait in line for 30 mins just to attempt a log in which isn’t even working even though my password is correct?

Servers seem to **** the togs every time there's a patch

Its been like that nearly 24 hours now.. Servers were down yet somehow, people on twitch were streaming the game? :confused:

Servers are online now but there seems to a problem logging in when you launch the game.

I’d say the fact that there’s literally millions of people all trying to log in at the same time doesn’t help

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gamers being cnuts on twitter, same as always. Played a few rounds there its working fine for me now. Seems like the servers are still offline for some people though. The new replay system is cool.

Cross platform now available?

• Advertisement

Cross platform now available?

Was last week I played with my son PC/PS4 with no issues.

Dont think Xbox and PS4 can play together tho.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Was last week I played with my son PC/PS4 with no issues.

Dont think Xbox and PS4 can play together tho.

Ah ok, yes pc can play with Xbox. Thought it meant Xbox and ps4

Ah ok, yes pc can play with Xbox. Thought it meant Xbox and ps4

I think that is unlikely to ever happen.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/12/17111546/microsoft-sony-fortnite-cross-play-ps4-xbox-one

I can see Sonys point regarding players signed up their service and they can to a point protect them but afaik there is no chat in Fortnite cross platform and voice definitley doesnt work PC to PS4 ( i had to shout upstairs to the kid)

I think Epic have treated this downtime very well, giving out free **** and will post a detailed "what happened" later.

50 vs 50 is back, I like it

50 vs 50 is back, I like it

I played one, bit of a mad house, won 34-0 which was a bit disappointing..

I think it would work better if it was 25v25v25v25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭klose

I really enjoyed the five teams of 20 a few weeks back, the 50v50 is hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Hi need a friend on Xbox to play a few games with today.
    Name: ‘ LittleDurran’ thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Can we have a moment of silence for the blue Dusty Depot shed :'(

• Advertisement

I cant decide on whether to get the pass or bundle

I got the bundle last season but thats cause i started late but i still finished the 100 tiers easily.. so im thinking the pass would be grand?

Oh lawdy, decisions!

Advertisement