Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

eddhorse wrote: »
    Nice get Steve, we sold these in our company back in the day before they joined to Teklogix to become PsionTeklogix, then rebranded back to Psion to get bought by Motorola who were purchased by Zebra. Still a few lying around the office :)

Any nice condition 5mx series laying around? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

When I was pulling my retro stuff from my parent's house I came across my Series 5 in the attic. Cool little device! I used to love writing apps OPL.

My bootleg Daimakaimura woes continue. I've been talking to the seller and after sending a video, I think he gets that the board isn't quite right, but he's saying it's probably a capacitor.

That's fair enough, and I'm happy to test them to confirm, but it's only delaying the inevitable whether he initiates the refund or I do it via eBay's escalation process!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Never had a Psion myself, definitely cool devices though. Palm Pilots were all the rage where I worked as they worked with Solaris.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Any nice condition 5mx series laying around? :)

Will have a look ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Battle Garegga, 20th Anniversary Edition, arrived yesterday for my PS4.
    M2 handled the port so I can safely assume it is spot on.
    It also comes with the soundtrack on CD and a nice, reversible cover.

Also collected this morning, Mechassault and it's sequel, both for the OG Xbox and the latter still sealed.
    I always liked the games and was shocked to have found the games missing from my collection, well they are missing no more!
    Sadly, they won't run on my XB1 but, luckily, I do have a 360 and an OG Xbox to play them on instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nesticle was another one!

Another blast alright. Same lads behind both wasn't it ? Just remember the bloody theme of Genecyst. Hadn't thought about it years.
    Inviere wrote: »
    The amount of people who quote faults with emulation, who have no recent experience with modern emulation is actually surprising. Not saying the chap I was replying to is in that gang at all though!

Must admit, I'd setup Launchbox on one of the PCs last year, but tended to use it more for 'being nice to look at and have things collated' as opposed to actually using it for it's primary purpose, but was always impressed with the progress the likes of Retroarch has taken since it first appeared on the scene, and obviously the ability to run individual programs via Launchbox is most appealing.
    Spend far more time on getting the old consoles/computers up and running over the last year (though TBH, the Analogue devices have taken over MD/SNES stuff) and maintaining a MiSTer, that I've probably neglected the emulation scene, so might have to take some time updating everything or go for the fresh setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Inviere

McDermotX wrote: »
    Must admit, I'd setup Launchbox on one of the PCs last year, but tended to use it more for 'being nice to look at and have things collated' as opposed to actually using it for it's primary purpose, but was always impressed with the progress the likes of Retroarch has taken since it first appeared on the scene, and obviously the ability to run individual programs via Launchbox is most appealing.
    Spend far more time on getting the old consoles/computers up and running over the last year (though TBH, the Analogue devices have taken over MD/SNES stuff) and maintaining a MiSTer, that I've probably neglected the emulation scene, so might have to take some time updating everything or go for the fresh setup.

By far the biggest 'danger' with emulation, is losing the run of things. Very very easily, a person can fall into the trap you describe above; curating and adding rom after rom...and before you know it, you're no longer actually playing games. There's zero value or appreciation of having an entire romset dumped into a frontend...and yet people very easily fall into that trap.

The single best piece of advice I've read, is to keep things to a bare minimum in terms of roms. It requires discipline to do, but it will ensure you actually play games, and enjoy playing them.

Another arrival today. SD2SP2 for GameCube. I'd set up Swiss a couple of weeks ago. Was impressed that when you boot Swiss with this installed, it defaults to it rather than the memory card.

Not into accumulating ISOs or anything but I think I'll copy my own games to it. Chibi Robo is one I saw mentioned on here, I think. I went to eBay and well...

524096.jpeg

524097.jpeg

524098.jpeg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Chibi Robo was rare the day it was released. Loads of people on boards couldn't find a copy as it was in such low numbers and had sold out on the day of release.

That explains it! Is it worth playing or is it just about owning such a rare game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Chibi Robo was rare the day it was released. Loads of people on boards couldn't find a copy as it was in such low numbers and had sold out on the day of release.

I have a copy, and I'm not special...

You lying Retr0??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That explains it! Is it worth playing or is it just about owning such a rare game?

It's not perfect but it's such a weird experience and nothing else like it. I really enjoyed playing it although I did have to resort to gamefaqs to find out how to activate some quest lines. Definitely worth playing and a game I really enjoyed.

I have a copy, and I'm not special...

You lying Retr0??

You're special to me cidey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I don't think any of the shops even stocked it when it was released over here, I remember trying a few and had no luck. There is a European PAL version that is slightly more common, the manual and box are in German though.

Was definitely in stock. Just that had about 4 copies for each store. Game definitely stocked it but it was sold out before the day was out.

You're special to me cidey.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Hot these today, nice condition original Marquee's :)

I was wondering about the "super" in super bubble bobble. Well, I was amazed I tells ya, there's a secret code you can input to unlock the super version. New to me!

I like the little instruction blurbs, like the one pictures. "Hurt the enemy whenever you can". That's a hot tip right there.

Saw some interesting cabinets too. Something's a brewin' :)

IMG-20200824-213148-3.jpg

IMG-20200824-213447-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Was definitely in stock. Just that had about 4 copies for each store. Game definitely stocked it but it was sold out before the day was out.

Game 100% had it. I still regret buying a wave bird that day instead of Chibi Robo.

Still is one of the few GameCube games I’m missing that I had in my hand and went ‘meh I’ll grab it again’. That and Kirbys Airride haunt me ha ha

I've got AirRide as well, it's a bit... m'eh....
    Me give give it another shot, I remember it looks amazing but the one button functions is too simplistic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Me give give it another shot, I remember it looks amazing but the one button functions is too simplistic

I need to get around to actually getting rid of the admittedly small amount of stuff I don’t really care for and grab the last few for the cube. I say this every few years and never actually do it.

Last time I was buying Chibi it wasn’t silly money. It’s probably up in the sillies now. (Checks... yep.. damn it.)

• Advertisement

Watched a video recently in defense of the game. Seems like there is a huge amount of depth to the game if you play it to beat the in game lap time challenges. Apparently each vehicle has completely different mechanics and controls you have to learn.

But then I can understand why people were confused and negatively reviewed the game since one of those vehicles can't turn and needs to use obscure mechanics to actually be viable.

The game seems interesting but not interesting enough that I have any inclination to buy it.

Got a 3d printer recently and after a while of printing tacky junk/crap I found something useful :)

Screw covers for Sega candy cab monitor bezels.

50270478201_8821d73c6d_n.jpg

Not particularly high resolution print but look fine when fitted to the cab.

If anyone needs a set done PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This arrived from Aliexpress today. If anyone is looking for a keyboard to match the Amiga CD32 colour scheme, this is about as close as you can get :)
    Stick a nice CD32 badge on there and maybe do something with the Windows buttons, job done.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32853988060.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2cf84c4dCfy32b

Wnv2OHV.jpg

Next to a CD32(not my pic)
    5mKcUc3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

rescued this little cab today. Thanks for the tip Gradius.
    It's like a mini candy. Seems they're a chinese or taiwan brand . It fits a 15hz 19inch monitor and has a similar aspect ratio as those small Noraut poker cabs. Very tidy .
    It runs a 45 in 1 at the moment & the plan is to convert it to a neogeo cab, will redo the control panel and marquee area, joysticks are all dirty and don't spring back much but they're not great to start with so I'll replace them anyway along with the buttons but other than that it's pretty much good to go, just needs a clean around the edges.
    I love the lit up coin slot too

117950763_10158656142473276_8941941088405271170_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=KzVKMYIpq0IAX9oGMyf&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=9eda4e9554e74c5b23135a9fe275d17c&oe=5F708747

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I played an hour of it already. My fingers hurt.

n8Ghtv7l.png

My fingers hurt.

n8Ghtv7l.png

From trying to shove the cartridge into the Dreamcast ?

From trying to shove the cartridge into the Dreamcast ?

HA. good one

mxAMJb3h.jpg

I ordered 2 copies of Revenge by mistake. I ordered one using some loyalty points I racked up on Lukie Games, essentially making it free. Then I intended on ordering the OTHER WCW game and wasn't paying attention to what the name of it was - I was supposed to get WCW/nWo: World Tour, and I ended up buying another copy of the same game instead, like an idiot.

I also got myself a case for my Everdrive cart. I would have rathered a different box art, personally. I had the possibility of getting one of three but the seller didn't let me pick one, and they were the cheapest ones going, which I can tell, as the paper used on the art is a little on the tacky side, but at least I have a box for it. That's all I wanted.

WCW/NWO Revenge was a big part of my teenage years.
    4 player mayhem .

Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The Simpsons games are all terrible but I used to be a huge fan of the Simpsons growing up. Apart from Bart Vs The Space Mutants the other games don't seem to be as common, mostly see them as NTSC. This popped up for a reasonable price so I grabbed it.

bM0neAf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement