Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

going to keep it asteroid , the board's in there too , just not getting proper power yet.
    I've plans for that vectrex board :)
    The cab is filthy though. There's a layer of crusty grease on it that took a couple of bottles of windex to get rid of today and inside were 3 cat poops (or at least I hope that's what they are)

RPG (james) was the guy shipping for a while and I got a cab through him before. It went all well but his posts and YT videos were always a bit... odd. Sort of always on the defensive even though nobody attacked him :)

Coinop king came along (another James) with a similar service then and RPG had a few public tantrums and blaming everything on everyone.
    I didn't like the attitude and him blaming customers so I decided to go through coinop king with this one. Looks like the guys in the US didn't keep good track of which james they should send what to and things got mixed up. One asteroid arrived in coinop king's previous container and wasn't for him. Mine took a while to get tracked, I just stayed quiet and polite and patient.

The last few posts from RPG were ... ... lacking punctuation ; and it looks like he's not answering emails anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

eddhorse wrote: »
    Nice work, finally arrived, what has to leave to make room?

someone's bought the 1942 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Nice rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up few more Bitmap books to fill in the gaps I had, think I'm done with them now unless an Amstrad one comes out :)

50221875562_2173b092db_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Picked up few more Bitmap books to fill in the gaps I had, think I'm done with them now unless an Amstrad one comes out :)

50221875562_2173b092db_z.jpg

They are nice, they look great together. I picked up something myself that I was going to ask you to look at sometime. I think it's possibly a problem with the power connector.

• Advertisement

Very cool Ollie,
    I have an Asteroids PCB there for you to fix when you're ready !

They are nice, they look great together. I picked up something myself that I was going to ask you to look at sometime. I think it's possibly a problem with the power connector.

Ya send me a PM about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro I'll grant you but just got a physical copy of Tempest 4000, for the PS4, which in addition to the digital copy but still worth having.
    Llamasoft's new game, Moose Life is just out on Steam and looks bananas, less than €6 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Elgato arrived today, got a bargin on adverts, e45 posted but the seller just wrapped in clingfilm by the looks of it. Thank God it wasn't robbed :pac:
    Not pizza box level ofc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

New arrivals today and yesterday.

ZqJhl6hh.jpg

I had to laugh at myself for not paying attention to the Sonic Adventure case prior to purchasing. The case has a reprinted NTSC inlay from regular paper. :o

At least I have the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I got 3 UV Overlays from Laurence Bennion on https://www.blacklighter.co.uk/ and finished making a UV Frame for the Vectrex to light them. Quite happy with how it turned out.

IMG-20200812-210454.jpg
    IMG-20200812-210628.jpg
    IMG-20200812-210710.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Another NES game.

IMAG1868.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This arrived earlier, an UNO-2600 cartridge for the Atari 2600(works on the 7800 as well). The 3D printed shell is a bit crappy, but i can fix that fairly handy with a clean resin 3D print or just use a normal genuine shell.

DyglZgT.jpg

THe0Zqp.jpg

aiJjjnc.jpg

SD card sticks out the top as this version uses standard SD(not micro). Looks crappy, quick fix with a low profile Micro SD adapter.

psInV9K.jpg

B1nbsFh.jpg

Man, that's mad, the flash cart is order of magnitude more powerful than the console :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Man, that's mad, the flash cart is order of magnitude more powerful than the console :)

Not unprecedented. Pitfall 2 had a Z80 on board that I think was more powerful than the actual 2600.

Haha, yeah.
    Atari 2600: 1.19Mhz 6507 proc
    Uno Cart: 168Mhz Arm proc

Could probably run a 2600 emulator on the flash carts proc :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve X2 wrote: »
    This arrived earlier, an UNO-2600 cartridge for the Atari 2600(works on the 7800 as well).

I recently bought a Harmony cart for my 2600, it seems slightly more expensive than the UNO cart.
    I wonder how they compare.
    The Harmony menu is a little more slick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not unprecedented. Pitfall 2 had a Z80 on board that I think was more powerful than the actual 2600.
    I tried to find info on the Z80 in that game cart but couldn't find anything - this popped up though; http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/articles/longevity/longevity.html#superchips
    That references that Activision 'had the Display Processor Chip or DPC' - guess it was like a mapper used in Famicom/NES carts for the cart to do advanced work the system was never designed to do.
    Wonder, does that mean games like Pitfall 2 won't work with a flash cart?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I tried to find info on the Z80 in that game cart but couldn't find anything - this popped up though; http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/articles/longevity/longevity.html#superchips
    That references that Activision 'had the Display Processor Chip or DPC' - guess it was like a mapper used in Famicom/NES carts for the cart to do advanced work the system was never designed to do.

Jermey Parish at retronauts said it was a Z80 a few times but he could be wrong.

If it's just a mapper I'd say the flash cart has it emulated just like NES flashcarts.

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Jermey Parish at retronauts said it was a Z80 a few times but he could be wrong.

If it's just a mapper I'd say the flash cart has it emulated just like NES flashcarts.

The DPC support isnt 100% , but the manual says its enough to run Pitfall II(will test it later).
    Compatibility
    The UnoCart-2600 should be able to emulate every cartridge released during the commercial life of the 2600.
    Newer homebrew titles should also be compatible with the UnoCart-2600, unless they use the DPC+ co-processor
    features specific to the Harmony/Melody cartridge. Note that the DPC support on the cartridge is not complete but
    it is sufficient to play Pitfall II.
    Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger titles are emulated with the multi-load parts combined in a single file. Up to 256
    loads are supported (2MB file). The Supercharger BIOS will use the TV type set by the UnoCart-2600 TV jumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Elgato arrived today, got a bargin on adverts, e45 posted but the seller just wrapped in clingfilm by the looks of it. Thank God it wasn't robbed :pac:
    Not pizza box level ofc
    EfTEj0VX0AEDnRk?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wow thats terrible packaging. ^^

The acid green case replacement for my OSSC arrived from China this morning.
    Most people probably want to go from the tacky case to a more professional looking one, but I went the other way :)

New
    rTQeFOG.jpg

Old
    vz750Dy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That case looks savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Dammit @Steve X2 - you have me looking on AliExpress for OSCC cases now.

I have a Harmony cart also - I really like it, and I managed to pick up 2 paddles locally (although they needed a good clean to get the jitter out of them).
    It's compatible with the 7800 @sugarman, it says:
    "The following equipment is required to use the Harmony cartridge:
    1) An Atari 2600, Atari 7800 or other Atari 2600-compatible console."
    in the manual

I just had to wrestle with my XB1 to buy and install Jet Set Radio.
    No Jet Set Radio Future mind you, apparently that didn't make the cut.
    So, I could see it on the Xbox Store from the console but couldn't buy it, so I had to log into the store on my phone and buy it there, for about a tenner.
    Then I went to the console and no sign of it.
    Had to search the console based store for the game I couldn't buy from there and install it from there...

Fecks sake!

Good news then, at least it's installing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, I could see it on the Xbox Store from the console but couldn't buy it, so I had to log into the store on my phone and buy it there, for about a tenner.
    Had to search the console based store for the game I couldn't buy from there and install it from there...

Fecks sake!

I had to do the same with Daytona. Was worried that my online purchase wouldn't get installed. All happy now. Forgot what a good arcade game it is, for a quick pick up and play.........

Is there a way to get Outrun 2/2006 onto my XB1 with any degree of ease?

Is there a way to get Outrun 2/2006 onto my XB1 with any degree of ease?

If it's an option you can easily get the PC version of Outrun 2/SP from abandonware sites. It's an incredible conversion and runs at any widesceen resolution you throw at it. Just install it and no fiddling around. I even added a Steam link to it so can play it through steam.

• Advertisement

Fecks sake!

Some backwards compatible games aren't listed on the store which is weird. Ninja Gaiden 2 being one but it works and is there to install if you can buy it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement