Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

BGOllie wrote: »
    just a Minitel terminal really. it doesn't have much inside. Some people have converted it as a terminal for a raspery pie though. need to look into that

NeoGeo mini maybe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

My auld lad just reminded me I had one in their house the other day, must grab it. Its just a dumb terminal with a modem. It can be adapted to become a serial terminal device should it have a DIN style connector on the rear I believe. Should you connect it up to a phone line (like I did when I got it many many years ago), it dials France :) found that out after a phone bill came in with a 'who called France?!' shout

This is far from the most interesting thing posted here as I'm sure we all know what a Playstation looks like by now but I picked up a PS1 premodded off ebay a few days back.
    lnQ5Vr0l.jpg

The seller sent a stack of his old backed up discs along with the console, mostly kids sh!te but a few decent titles in there.
    There was also some proper ghetto copies in there:D
    pDUoImNl.jpg
    oyZmtFpl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Just got this today too. Never had a PS 1

aea39z.jpg

It's a fantastic console.
    I must acquire a memory card soon, I used to have quite a few but they seem to be lost to time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

With the PSOne it's worth watching out for the official screen for it.
    It's pretty cool tbh, though only composite afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

Picked up a boxed Sony Vita OLED model from a seller on adverts yesterday with uncharted: golden abyss and a 4GB card for 90 quid.

Turned out the seller is one of the guys who runs Barcadia, it's a small world in Cork! Absolutely sound guy to deal with and the screen is immaculate.

Now fingers crossed theFlow0 releases the custom firmware on July 1st!

453906.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

pS1e1TEl.jpg
    TwEdiaYl.jpg
    1GPiQfNl.jpg
    ndWCWEjl.jpg
    MZAQKwEl.jpg
    hD2Sir8l.jpg
    I already own the game since 1993 and that was also the first Retro Gamer magazine I bought.

OI1RPOul.jpg
    r7c92Evl.jpg
    nSuvqLul.jpg
    3G2t84Ll.jpg

My favourite game of all time. Sorry for the abundance of different photos, I was overexcited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nicely done with Flashback and nice Vita, great price.

Thanks Edd!

And wow I had no idea there was a limited run of Flashback for the Switch!

Was there a Kickstarter to fund it or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Doge wrote: »
    Thanks Edd!

And wow I had no idea there was a limited run of Flashback for the Switch!

I don't think so I got it via Amazon.de

....I had no idea there was a limited run of Flashback for the Switch!

The lead designer for the original, Paul Cuisset, gave the game to French publisher Microids to release it on the Switch as part of the 25th anniversary of the game (well, the console release anyway. The original Amiga version was released in 1992, 26 years ago).
    40,000 copies of the Collector's Edition were made and it's also available digitally for €20 (C.E. is €40)
    It's a very decent remaster, with the core gameplay untouched and all the little enchancements you'd expect (filters, save-states etc.). You can play it two different ways: Original or New. Original lets you play it as it was in its original form, and New lets you play it with fast-forward/rewind enabled and save-states turned on. From what I've played so far I can safely say this is the definitive version of Flashback. The soundtrack has also been remastered (by choice, you can switch between that and the original SFX/music) and I personally think it sounds class.
    I love this game so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I'd probably like to get it, but €20 is too much for a remaster of a >25-year-old game.

I'd probably like to get it, but €20 is too much for a remaster of a >25-year-old game.

You can be certain it'll go on sale often. It seems the type of game. Then again every game you buy you get reward points for the eShop, I always find it handy if I'm stuck a couple of bob for a game.

40 for a collectors edition is a bit of a bargain though!

40 for a collectors edition is a bit of a bargain though!

Is it? I have no idea. I was getting that thing whether it was 40 or 100 :pac:

The value may shoot up though in a few years considering it's in limited quantity

Is it? I have no idea. I was getting that thing whether it was 40 or 100 :pac:

The value may shoot up though in a few years considering it's in limited quantity

We'll compared to collectors editions on PS4 or Xbox One, they can go from 60 or 70 euro and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

also bringing this bad boy home with me :D
    35645278_10156492314298276_5429206053646499840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=04406293fe8ab4c52c4afbdde091f568&oe=5BABF6A0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

We'll compared to collectors editions on PS4 or Xbox One, they can go from 60 or 70 euro and upwards!

Any new game is 70, add some DLC pass to it and suddenly the 'collector's edition' is €100 with barely any physical stuff, if any. Sad state of gaming these days unfortunately, every game has a season pass etc. Usually a steel book case and DLC that anyone could buy on the store. Nothing exclusive. Red Dead Redemption 2 collector's pack doesn't even have the game.

It wasnt even that long ago you'd get good stuff, I have Alan Wake on 360 which comes with a small hardback novel, extra DVD and soundtrack. The box is even shaped like a book. Same with Forza 2, comes with a book on how to race as well as in depth info on some of the cars. Picked these up in my CeX days so whenever we took stuff in I got first dibs on it.

You should see the Gran Turismo 5 kit I have. USB key, metal keyring, genuine leather wallet etc. I don't even have a PS3 but when it came through in CeX I grabbed it for about €35.

I know the likes of Doom for example came with a statue, but I'm more of an artwork and soundtrack kind of guy.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I have Alan Wake on 360 which comes with a small hardback novel, extra DVD and soundtrack. The box is even shaped like a book.

I used to have that, I absolutely regret selling it
    DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'm more of an artwork and soundtrack kind of guy.

My kinda guy. We should be pals. We already have the same name so we're off to a great start :pac: :D

• Advertisement

also bringing this bad boy home with me :D
    35645278_10156492314298276_5429206053646499840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=04406293fe8ab4c52c4afbdde091f568&oe=5BABF6A0

What is it?? I'm nearly 29 so this looks way before my time, no offense :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Few new NES games. My god micro machines is so much fun for something so simple. Remember playing it over 20 years ago on the mega drive.

IMAG0287.jpg

Love Solomons key so much, have the pcb, nes, famicom and gb versions, addictive as hell!

What is it?? I'm nearly 29 so this looks way before my time, no offense :P

it's an oscilloscope :) They're still in use nowadays, although more modern versions
    This one came from my dad's stack of electronics. He got a pile of stuff off his work when they started renewing all their equipment. These were going into the bin so he took them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might get Tennis for Two running on it!
    Tennis_for_Two_Machine_at_CAX_2010.jpg

it's an oscilloscope :) They're still in use nowadays, although more modern versions
    This one came from my dad's stack of electronics. He got a pile of stuff off his work when they started renewing all their equipment. These were going into the bin so he took them

Stick an audio cable into it and it would be great for seeing the audio waveforms when you're making your own synthesizer patches!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Scopes are awesome, definitely one of the best (and most complicated !!) pieces of kit for when you're messing about with electronics of any description.
    Don't have to spend a fortune on one either to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They used to build them into some hi-fis back in the day, my dream piece of audio equipment when I build a proper entertainment centre in my own place:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not really a get, more a make.
    I 3D printed a bunch of these Banzai Bills and other bits and pieces for prizes for a kids party the other day. These were fairly popular as you can unscrew the base and store some sweets in them(which is what we did). They're about the size of a can of coke, maybe a little bigger.

I managed to keep one for myself :)

lkZ2e99.jpg

• Advertisement

last grab from france. Got a tv pattern generator. Handy for calibrating rgb arcade monitor whenever you swap tubes or need to realign the beams ... once in a blue moon :) Still this is a rare sought after model

35975683_10156500698908276_2351396016470622208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=99d33835280f6de0e193033058749893&oe=5BB97064

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement