Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I like those kind of stickers on games. Really are something that will never be produced again.

This is true. There's an identical sticker on the base that you can just about see in the photo though so I wouldn't feel too bad about taking this one off :D It's just irritating that it's covering the ESRB rating and part of Battlespire. The one on the base is just over a barcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Picked up Mega Games 2 (Shinobi,Sreets of Rage,Golend Axe) for the megadrive & Tomb Raider The last revelation for the PS1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I picked this(Cyclone) up about 4 weeks ago, it was in a sorry state, all screws were corroded badly, most the plastic posts were cracked or discoloured, it had no power and no scoreboard
    NUsImaU.jpg

I started stripping the playfield down but it became aparent that every screw was corroded and over tightened until the plastic posts were cracked, so I replaced every plastic post, soaked all the screws in Vinegar, then diet coke and then polished each one in the drill.
    1nF33ku.jpg

So I ended up stripping the whole lot down and going to town on it, as you can see there is some playfield wear, unfortunately its been clear coated over the wear so I couldn't touch it up without sanding the entire playfield which was too much of a big job. The slingshot plastics from the newer hurricane machine which I think look better than the plain orange originals
    9IRoa27.jpg
    Almost finished now, just need to fix the display board, player one is working thanks to brownfinger(that just sounds wrong)
    Ew0RDgp.jpg
    Onto that generic(SF2) cabinet next then will put a new control panel and artwork onto the Defender :)

Interesting,
    Player 4 should be working on that display also.

Interesting,
    Player 4 should be working on that display also.
    It does, just meant I could play 1 player which is why I haven't bothered working on it yet, just nothing on player 4 it in that pic

Ah thats better, ignore the hideous couch :)
    GY1Kiul.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great work, nice progress pics, was this on adverts? I think I saw it recently somewhere.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Great work, nice progress pics, was this on adverts? I think I saw it recently somewhere.

Was on Adverts a while ago alright, needed a lot of work, it's not perfect, the decals on the inserts are slightly raised and it was clear coated over but I can live with it, it doesn't really affect gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got a bit of a weather theme going on there? Need a Williams Earthshaker and Fire! to go along with them :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Got a bit of a weather theme going on there? Need a Williams Earthshaker and Fire! to go along with them :D
    I'd love Earthshaker but next games gotta be DMD, unless someone here is hording an earthshaker and needs me to take it off their hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Found a new pin for you.

R@re and limited edition I believe

€1000

4418246b68ca12ab6f_0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

well done. what have you running in that defender cab ?

BGOllie wrote: »
    well done. what have you running in that defender cab ?

Arpicade and a 2 port JAMMA switcher, I have a bootleg williams multigame board there and a williams multigame CPO along with original wico sticks and leaf switches but haven't got around to fitting them yet.
    I'll probably stick with the arpicade in it and set it to boot to the Williams genre game list with a custom Williams theme. I like the way you can have different themes for different games list on it.
    the front of it was rotted and the artwork was painted over, it's kinda rough but its actually the cabinet they had converted to JAMMA in my local for years so I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Finally came across a copy of this.
    IMG_20180530_132356188.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

LG Scart adaptor arrived today, holy crap! Pictures don't do it justice. Didn't think the picture would be this good. Official LG adaptor was something silly like €50, one on Amazon was €25 I think and the cable was only €5. Will have to pickup one for the Saturn soon.

BP3a1IF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not retro but got Strange Journey Redux today and Yakuza 0 during the week
    DemTjWaXUAEzRVi?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I haven't really been following the 3DS game scene in a couple of years, has there been much released worth playing? We into the obscure Japanese rpg end of console life phase? :)

I was thinking about maybe picking up that Return of Samus remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There's a new Wario Ware out in August. That Toad Treasure Hunter game they had on Wii U is getting a port next month as well.

I haven't really been following the 3DS game scene in a couple of years, has there been much released worth playing? We into the obscure Japanese rpg end of console life phase? :)

Dragon quest 7 is class on it. DQ8 is pretty much the same as it was on ps2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Deep in the obscure JRPG phase now. Still some great stuff being released on it but releases have slowed down with first party Nintendo having been pulled of the system long ago. I'd say it will see releases into the start of 2019,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Nintendo are still releasing for it, aren't they?

A New Captain Toad seems to be due out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There's a few SMT games Persona Q, Devil survivor 1&2, SMT 4 and SMT 4 Final. I've only played 4 but really enjoyed it.
    Pocket Card Jockey is great, really cheap, translators had good fun with it.
    Attack of the Friday Monsters! Is worth a go too if you haven't played it yet.
    The new Phoenix Wright games are amazing and the first trilogy is on there if didn't play any of them, not sure about Apollo Justice that's inbetween the first set and the 3ds games.
    DinoRex wrote: »

for 3DS? Yeah Strange Journey only cane out last week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Same Captain Toad as on the WiiU a couple of years ago.
    And it's on Switch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

eyImUwUl.jpg

R237KDml.jpg

OMMexGGl.jpg

pECiscil.jpg

qXCftUll.jpg

(I tried to upload all of these using my Samsung tablet - very awkward... hope it looks okay on this thread)

Got this yesterday absolutely love it. I'm a sucker for compilations.
    Love the little extras it gives you to look at - (making of.., character info, concept art)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Inviere

I would have thought it’s made very difficult with the dpad on the joycons no?

Inviere wrote: »
    I would have thought it’s made very difficult with the dpad on the joycons no?

For the joycons/handheld, I use the analogue stick. Its not as hard as i thought.

I mostly use the TV anyway so i use the pro controller when im at home, d-pad is way better on it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They are publishing but first party has been entirely moved to switch for a long time now. Anything they are publishing is second and third party projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Got some French carboot sales finds. Arrived in Roscoff on Sunday morning and went to 6 markets on the way to St Malo. A lot of wii, DS and 3ds stuff but scored some gems :

34276660_10156451124708276_7714363190397632512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a34ef63648852b939f275b01a4ccf678&oe=5B775030

qlNUMJ4h.jpg

Visiting the homeland for a week, decided to pop into an old favourite shop I hadn't went into in nearly 15 years. Still selling retro games to this day so I picked up these wee crackers before I left. As per usual, immaculate condition and all CiB.

Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Picked this up yesterday in very good condition. Complete with the manual and map/poster, as it should be.
    IMG_20180611_195926731_LL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked up a copy myself a few weeks back, couldn't say no at that price really. I enjoyed it when it came out but I think the name change might have caused it to fly under the radar.

Scholarship Edition on 360 was a buggy mess when it came out. I don't know what happened to my copy of it but I ended up getting it digitally on sale for €10. CeX had it for €35 which was crazy money as this was when the Xbox One was out and games could be had for as little as €40. It's €15 now though so I might pick up a copy.

I also have the PS2 version on PS4 :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement