Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

o1s1n wrote: »
    Those Retrovision cables are RGB. They're just really expensive RGB cables :D

RGB is just the different video colours and sync broken up into their components. (Hence maybe the confusion over the word component?) That's what RGB scart is.it's the best video quality you'll get out of a Megadrive,/SNES etc. All you need is one of those cables I linked.

Actual component is a different video source entirely which older consoles don't support. You dont see component being used till the Xbox, GameCube , Wii etc
    MrVestek wrote: »
    I can second that, I have consolegoodsuk RBG cables for my Saturn and Mega Drive and the picture quality is amazing on my CRT.

Can attest to their quality.

No need to pay over the odds.

I might get in contact and see what the price of the Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast cables with shipping is going to be.

There's similarly priced cables on Amazon, I'm tempted to throw a Mega Drive one in as I'm placing a UK order anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just paid the balance on the rerelease of Majyuuou for the Snes. Still can't believe this is happening to be honest - I wonder is it going to be an exact 1 for 1 of the original when it comes to packaging etc? (and if so, how that will impact the value of the original as it goes for mental money complete)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just paid the balance on the rerelease of Majyuuou for the Snes. Still can't believe this is happening to be honest - I wonder is it going to be an exact 1 for 1 of the original when it comes to packaging etc? (and if so, how that will impact the value of the original as it goes for mental money complete)

... I hate you

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    ... I hate you

:D

Master of the Universe

And Majyuuou is on it's way!

Bit of a teaser photo Stefano stuck up on Facebook, looks the business.

33298275_1822456001397030_6720464812725239808_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Would you not just emulate it and play it on a PC with a keyboard, be the same experience :p

Master of the Universe

Would you not just emulate it and play it on a PC with a keyboard, be the same experience :p

Consider me triggered :D

Almost killed myself with Tesco crate of Snes carts yesterday. Was storing them away on top of a wardrobe and it was a little too heavy and a little too high.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Almost killed myself with Tesco crate of Snes carts yesterday. Was storing them away on top of a wardrobe and it was a little too heavy and a little too high.

Honestly, your life is like "Final Destination: Video Game Edition"

Consider me triggered :D

Hook that bad boy up to a HD TV with the RF cable for maximum triggered!

Seriously though, CRTs are lethal. Moving any decent sized one by yourself is risky. Most of them don't have handles, evertime I move any of mine I picture is smashing off the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Got my cool &Knuckles pin
    Dd9PsBBVwAI_x2c?format=jpg

• Advertisement

Hook that bad boy up to a HD TV with the RF cable for maximum triggered!

Seriously though, CRTs are lethal. Moving any decent sized one by yourself is risky. Most of them don't have handles, evertime I move any of mine I picture is smashing off the ground

Years ago I had a big old samsung one in the back seat of my car ,
    unsecured of course.
    Went around a roundabout and it rolled across the back seat (like a square wheel!) and nearly went out the door!!!!
    Put some dent in the door but the TV lasted another few years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Trying to get my 29" Trini up the stairs.... the spiral stairs...
    Jaysus....

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Jaysus....

lol Trying to get my Duet through the front door... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Jaysus....

Wait until you need to take it down! I really needed one of these to get that type of TV down from my attic...

133884_The-MRT234.jpg?resize=480%2C341&ssl=1

Master of the Universe

Real back pain is moving two full metal candy cabs with 25 inch monitors up to the 4th floor of an apartment complex. :D

Real back pain is moving two full metal candy cabs with 25 inch monitors up to the 4th floor of an apartment complex. :D

Wait till you get into the pinball world, those are some beasts to move around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Followed by the emotional pain of seeing everything seemingly destroyed in a lift shaft...

Master of the Universe

Wait till you get into the pinball world, those are some beasts to move around

I can only imagine! The missus was mentioning maybe getting a pin but at twice the weight of my heaviest cab there's not a chance we'd be getting it up the stairs into the apartment.

I had two professional movers help the last time and by staircase six on the second cab even the pair of them were in ribbons.

Ye townies are soft! I'll get a few of my bog men up there and we'll get a pin up the top of the spire!

Seriously though, pins are no joke....and the ****ers are so fragile!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Been absent the last while. Picked up Road Rash Dick Tracy Spider-Man Madden 92 & Mega games 2 (all megadrive)between our new retro shop here & eBay

• Advertisement

Pins are actually not too bad to get upstairs if the stairs is straight
    I once got one down a stairs with a turn, that was hardship!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I can only imagine! The missus was mentioning maybe getting a pin but at twice the weight of my heaviest cab there's not a chance we'd be getting it up the stairs into the apartment.

I had two professional movers help the last time and by staircase six on the second cab even the pair of them were in ribbons.
    No lift?
    I brought my pin up in the lift 2 floors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

No lift?
    I brought my pin up in the lift 2 floors

I think he still has PTSD after his arcade chairs fell down the lift shaft! :P

Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    I think he still has PTSD after his arcade chairs fell down the lift shaft! :P

I was so traumatized by that I bought an apartment in a complex with no lifts :D

I'm facing the truth that the 29" upstairs is never coming down again, unless it is toast, in which case gentleness will no longer be a requirement.
    And I don't think there's anything that heavy going up there again!

Oh, Fantasy Zone: The Complete Collection for the PS2 arrived the other day, only a few days after being posted by the most excellent Steve Bailey from Japan.
    I haven't given it a whirl yet, but at least the PSX has something new to play with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

one of the market I go to has a guy that has a ton of 360/ps3 games and had a pile of these I had no interest .
    We chatted the last time I saw him and he said he doesn't bring 8/16 bits carts because he can't shift them fast enough for him to be profitable.
    Long story short. I gave him my ps3/xbox games i didn't want to keep and he had this for me in exchange :) good trade

33832358_10156435629653276_6905279183912435712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeFYivl9eTR9u18bcIG9KD8SNxF_FhiBbZYIpCmMgzGuFB4dSkFwFxxD1WJMq3DY_IHfRoy2xYsJm4kU0NfpHea2US94w809jTPWwkuurBQ3YA&oh=027a7c4d67634fed10e26627691d9107&oe=5B8F696C

Very nice gets! Lovely selection of Mega Drive games. After Batman and Outrun for a while myself now!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

One step closer to a full Elder Scrolls big box collection.

3S3hrpEh.jpg

The CD-ROM sticker on the right is annoying, I might try to remove it.

• Advertisement

I like those kind of stickers on games. Really are something that will never be produced again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement