Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This was waiting for me this morning

KqpMfGwm.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I'm having a bash at Squario at the moment.
    http://community.arduboy.com/t/squario-the-ultimate-adventure/1257

I wonder will he do Super Squario Bros :)

Will give that a proper go later.
    Have mazogs loaded now, remake of a ZX81 maze game apparently.
    https://github.com/briansm-github/mazogs
    Damn, sorry I didn't get one now. Are the available to regular pleps yet ?

The store said it started shipping pre-orders from April, https://www.arduboy.com/store/products/arduboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Went to see a friend in Sligo yesterday. At dinner the topic of gaming came up and he said he had his old spectrum in his attic :D free to go to a good place... blue bag full of tapes .
    On the way back I went to a "few" shops between sligo and galway and found the rest . good day!
    13265885_10154214272603276_2305764730635667179_n.jpg?oh=631cbf8cde3f87261e865115c1a9cae1&oe=579ABBAD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

BGOllie wrote: »
    On the way back I went to a "few" shops between sligo and galway and found the rest . good day!
    13265885_10154214272603276_2305764730635667179_n.jpg?oh=631cbf8cde3f87261e865115c1a9cae1&oe=579ABBAD[IMG][/img]
    Errrr... there isnt anything between Sligo and Galway, definitely no gaming shops :confused:

to quote Ciderman...

fireflyhesitationthing.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Game Over!
    With the salacious cover!
    Used to be a nip slip there on the ladies garments!

Across the west is the legend of a Franco/Hibernian raider that steals into towns along his journeys path, leaving them devoid of retro games...
    Ollie they him, Ollie of the Banjo....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Charity shops outside the cities and big towns are like time machines. Was in one in Mullingar a while back and they were charging 2e for Gamecube titles, kinda like going back to the glory days of hunting in Dublin.

found this in one of the shops. It's a demo version of both games but I can't find much info on google about it.
    13092006_10154213535138276_101597306379868965_n.jpg?oh=6533f1135688c3719d627345335c3015&oe=579D89F0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Few gets lately. SNK Arcade Classic Vol.1 for Wii, a nice uncommon get and decent selection of titles on there too.

35d16og.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

The Australian only release Ocarina of Time Collectors Edition, with gold cartridge. Not too many more for the Zelda collection now, and yes I'm firmly counting the CDi ones :pac:

IMAG0154.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Corholio wrote: »
    yes I'm firmly counting the CDi ones :pac:

You lost points for this :p You going for a full collection yeah?

Myrddin wrote: »
    You lost points for this :p You going for a full collection yeah?

If I didn't have them already they wouldn't be counted :p

Ya pretty much. I'm missing a few of the handheld titles boxed like DX etc. I never really built up much of a handheld collection, nearly always consoles, so they would be the last ones to get.

Ya pretty much. I'm missing a few of the handheld titles boxed like DX etc. I never really built up much of a handheld collection, nearly always consoles, so they would be the last ones to get.

Pretty much the same as me so. I've Links Awakening & the DX version to get, & the Hyrule Warrior 3DS thingy & then I'm done (cdi abominations aside!). That is, until March '17...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

The Australian only release Ocarina of Time Collectors Edition, with gold cartridge. Not too many more for the Zelda collection now, and yes I'm firmly counting the CDi ones :pac:

IMAG0154.jpg

*Drool*

I was perfectly happy getting on with life and blissfully unaware of its existence. Now I guess I will have to try and track down a copy when I head over there later in the year.

Pretty much the same as me so. I've Links Awakening & the DX version to get, & the Hyrule Warrior 3DS thingy & then I'm done (cdi abominations aside!). That is, until March '17...

Ya I'm missing Awakening and the DX version too, I have Minish Cap but I'm on the look out for the another copy as box on mine has seen better days. But yes there may be never a 'full' Zelda collection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

IMAG0154.jpg

Do you have a cdi to play them on?
    Not that one would ever do such a thing!

If so I'll have to send a few hooded gentleman round from up here in the northside to relieve you of your plight!

Doge wrote: »
    Do you have a cdi to play them on?
    Not that one would ever do such a thing!

If so I'll have to send a few hooded gentleman round from up here in the northside to relieve you of your plight!

I put them in a normal CD player and dream of one day being lucky enough to own such a tremendous piece of hardware.

Ya I'm missing Awakening and the DX version too, I have Minish Cap but I'm on the look out for the another copy as box on mine has seen better days. But yes there may be never a 'full' Zelda collection :D

Minish cap is one I bought from new a few years back, so have that one ticked. Are you going for boxed & complete? The two NES games I have but only loose copies, so that'll cost a few bob to put right :(

fresh off ebay. been meaning to re give this game a go. I was too young I think when it came out to get into it properly... or even understand it :)

13244132_10154220822873276_3700830037691643337_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

BGOllie wrote: »
    fresh off ebay. been meaning to re give this game a go. I was too young I think when it came out to get into it properly... or even understand it :)

13244132_10154220822873276_3700830037691643337_o.jpg

I was a BAT II man myself. I don't think I played the first one. I remember thinking the hand computer was awesome :)

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I was a BAT II man myself. I don't think I played the first one. I remember thinking the hand computer was awesome :)

Well, I can get some scalpels from work, some dressings, you provide the RP0, and we'll git it dun!
    sunnybrook-heart-bypass-live-tweet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Just picked up Four Swords Adventures and Zelda 1 there. I think I just need to get Triforce Heroes and Spirit Tracks. Most of these are not boxed though, save the disc games. >_> One day, maybe if I've a ton of extra cash, I'll go looking for boxed versions. Still have my first Ocarina of Time save on my cart. I THINK the box is around somewhere, unless my brothers chucked it.

Minish cap is one I bought from new a few years back, so have that one ticked. Are you going for boxed & complete? The two NES games I have but only loose copies, so that'll cost a few bob to put right :(

Ya, boxed and complete is what I'm persisting with anyway. Picked up the NES ones boxed a few years ago in a boot sale in London, and yes they are quite pricey to have complete now. Definitely some of the nicer boxed Zelda's to have though definitely, aesthetic wise.

Linoud wrote: »
    Just picked up Four Swords Adventures and Zelda 1 there. I think I just need to get Triforce Heroes and Spirit Tracks. Most of these are not boxed though, save the disc games. >_> One day, maybe if I've a ton of extra cash, I'll go looking for boxed versions. Still have my first Ocarina of Time save on my cart. I THINK the box is around somewhere, unless my brothers chucked it.

Four Swords is a nice one to already have as it's shot up in price last few years and keeps climbing a bit too, especially the boxed link cable edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I've been eyeing this up for a good few months. Quality-wise it probably wouldn't touch the level of a real Saturn pad (mind you, I haven't ever had a Saturn so I wouldn't know fully) but it doesn't feel cheap either, if that makes sense.

Came through the door this morning.

Love the D-pad.

HalqBa6l.jpg

Ya, boxed and complete is what I'm persisting with anyway. Picked up the NES ones boxed a few years ago in a boot sale in London, and yes they are quite pricey to have complete now. Definitely some of the nicer boxed Zelda's to have though definitely, aesthetic wise.

It's even worse for me, as I'm going for NTSC/60Hz for the carts, so that means outrageous postage & likely customs too if I go importing boxed versions of the two NES games. I'll have to bite the bullet though at some stage, because I can't have a CiB collection with two loose carts :o

I wonder do the boxes alone come up for sale (NTSC-U)?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My CIB Zelda is a PAL copy :(

Actually most of my NES collection is PAL. The horror :(

I'm content with my PAL copies, 50 or 60Hz has never really bothered me at all. I can see the difference but I think the thing has always been quite overblown between them. A lot of this 'unplayable' once you've played 60Hz, I have never experienced that at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It doesn't break every single game per se, but they do feel wrong in 50hz if you change over most of your playing habits to 60hz. Feels like you're running through treacle/in slow motion mode at 50hz when you go back. To me that makes them unplayable and just annoying really.

None of my PAL NES games ever get played for that reason, they're just for decoration! :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, have to say I'm a bit proponent of 60Hz where possible (carts really, as the more modern stuff can do 60Hz anyway). I'm lucky in that I never amassed a huge collection before realising the differences, so ended up selling off the majority of my carts to replace them with US/JP versions instead. It's a bit of a curse in a way, because I can't buy carts locally anymore unless they happen to be US or JP - that said, the stupid prices of PAL stuff is rolleyes anyway.

That's not to knock anyones acceptance of 50Hz, collecting retro games one way or another is all the same thing so it's personal preference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement