Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They have Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg in CEX Santry for a fiver, if you want more bulk in your GC collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They have Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg in CEX Santry for a fiver, if you want more bulk in your GC collection!

A Sonic Team game, think I'll pass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

The Zelda one is a strange one alright. I have a GameCube and Wii copy also.

I had a Wii. I don't anymore and I don't own a GameCube so the GameCube copy is pointless to me now but alls fair in love and hoarding. Is it the one with the Ocarina of Time disc? I think it is... Edit nope that'd be the windwaker that I have.

Ive threatened to play Wii copy now on several occasions but never got around to it.

Will buying the HD version help this?

Probably not but I'll probably still buy it.

Will buying the HD version help this?

No, it'll dig you in even deeper...then you're gonna end up deciding to collect EVERY Zelda game complete in box...trust me, I know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Myrddin wrote: »
    No, it'll dig you in even deeper...then you're gonna end up deciding to collect EVERY Zelda game complete in box...trust me, I know :o

Lol... I really should play and or finish the ones I have first. Keep meaning to go back to windwaker HD on Wii U but alas other games take my time.

I

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's no text in super Castlevania 4, jap version is the way to go.

The DKC games are so cheap to get from Japan as well. There's very minor bug fixes and changes but otherwise they are identical to the western versions.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's no text in super Castlevania 4, jap version is the way to go.

Same for XX? That's on the hit list too...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Having made a HK PSN account, cidermanhk for those that care, I have successfully redeemed the code in the Asian copy of Killer is Dead Premium Edition, which seems to be exactly the same as Killer is Dead Limited Edition, which we got but costs an extra tenner, preowned.
    I'm not sure what the DLC is supposed to be, nor can I access it yet, but it does seem to be slightly pervy...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myrddin wrote: »
    Same for XX? That's on the hit list too...

Yep. Got it for 20 a few months ago but people are coping on its the same game so it's a bit more expensive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This piece of lovely arrived today (thanks Ciderman for making me realise I needed one - no import tax for me though! :pac:)

Namco_2.jpg

Namco_1.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

• Advertisement

And now you just need to get a volume controller from Namco!
    I thought I'd lost mine but I found it the other day!
    SLPH00015front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

eddhorse wrote: »
    Another load just arrived :
    0-weu-10.jpg

I wish I didn't need to save for a new pc..

airmax87 wrote: »
    I wish I didn't need to save for a new pc..[/QUOTE

Rpi3 ]

airmax87 wrote: »
    I wish I didn't need to save for a new pc..[/QUOTE

Rpi3 ]

That'd almost be an upgrade..

QLxpPYn.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So I finally got to collect this after an extended stay in the post office. Kinda gaming related, but I saw these were coming out and I knew I had to have it.

34749CF5-DA98-43D8-808D-D40ED65F37D2_zpsf6bjkiwb.jpg

It's a limited edition steiff pikachu, only released in Japan and only 1,500 made. I'm hoping I can get on the antiques roadshow with it in 20 years time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Picked up some stuff online there last few days, all arrived today. :]

RE2 was 10 euro, with manual, no scratches. Happy enough with that since I keep seeing that being sold for 20 - 30 in certain shops. :p

And Legacy of Goku 2. What a game. GBA had some serious titles!

Made my first Steve Bailey purchase this morning, looking forward to it arriving, what's the normal time they take to get to out emerald shores?

Also, Silhouette Mirage arrived, got lost between reception and my ward/unit.... just found its way somehow to my desk today, which is great.
    A real treasure, made by Treasure!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Made my first Steve Bailey purchase this morning, looking forward to it arriving, what's the normal time they take to get to out emerald shores?!

A few days usually. I ordered a game from him and had it in like 3 days. Super fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is Steve Bailey the guy who sells Japanese games? I've seen his name a lot on here. I'm after 1 game in particular 'Death Brade', is he a good option compared to ebay etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Corholio wrote: »
    Is Steve Bailey the guy who sells Japanese games? I've seen his name a lot on here. I'm after 1 game in particular 'Death Brade', is he a good option compared to ebay etc?

I had no idea about him (Steve Bailey), looked him up and his prices look very good for some items.

Here's his eBay listing:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/steve666b/m.html

And his online store (blast from the past):
    http://www.japaneseretrovideogames.com/home.htm

On other notes, this lovely PoS came in recently :rolleyes:

12936551_10208584555587994_4392726424287978407_n.jpg?oh=f9d92862f95dd0f31dd2eabf98cf4376&oe=57837DF5&__gda__=1468848591_0a17d6891533d53257b504da4df47fd1

12932718_10208584556348013_105687822008133267_n.jpg?oh=40c11cd5554bd524bf8d4113b587b605&oe=579342E6&__gda__=1468144923_5c9dd37855767d632becc773719d97bb

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »

He's best if you add him on facebook. Basically he goes out most days retro game shopping, finds bargains and puts them up on his facebook page for sale. Only really sells CIB games. You can't really tell what he will have up every day but what he puts up is exceptionally good value. You can ask him to hunt games down for you as well although he hasn't really found anything for me yet, although what I was looking for is very hard to come by. Anything that doesn't sell on facebook gets put on ebay.

I think he had Dearth Brade up a few weeks ago as well.

Made my first Steve Bailey purchase this morning, looking forward to it arriving, what's the normal time they take to get to out emerald shores?

Usually within the week although I have stuff delayed up to a month, not due to him though, usual postal crap. I've had stuff snared from him by customs before as well but usually it gets through.

Another chap for the jap games is guy called Ryu Kenkars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tchoin wrote: »
    I had no idea about him (Steve Bailey), looked him up and his prices look very good for some items.

Here's his eBay listing:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/steve666b/m.html

And his online store (blast from the past):
    http://www.japaneseretrovideogames.com/home.htm

On other notes, this lovely PoS came in recently :rolleyes:

12936551_10208584555587994_4392726424287978407_n.jpg?oh=f9d92862f95dd0f31dd2eabf98cf4376&oe=57837DF5&__gda__=1468848591_0a17d6891533d53257b504da4df47fd1[IMG][/img]12932718_10208584556348013_105687822008133267_n.jpg?oh=40c11cd5554bd524bf8d4113b587b605&oe=579342E6&__gda__=1468144923_5c9dd37855767d632becc773719d97bb[IMG][/img]
    Red Faction is that old?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Thargor wrote: »
    Red Faction is that old?

It is! Red Faction is from 2001 and the N-Gage version from 2003 :eek:

It was a launch or close to launch ps2 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jaysus 15 years, my brain still thinks of it as a "modern" FPS, getting old :(

Games that old when Red Faction was released were from 1984! Pac-Land, Duck Hunt and 1942 etc!

Yeah, it wasn't even that good tbh.
    If you had to play first person shooters on console of that vintage, you'd be better off with Half Life 2 and Halo on the Xbox, Metroid Prime on the GC or Cold Winter on the PS2.
    The PC had it all won though, in those days it certainly surpassed anything the consoles could do, with the likes of Alien Vs Predator 2 pretty much better than all the above, bar perhaps Metroid Prime.

I remember Red Faction being touted as a Half Life beater on PC... months after the PS2 release. Got slated in reviews although I found some enjoyment from it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I remember Red Faction being touted as a Half Life beater on PC... months after the PS2 release. Got slated in reviews although I found some enjoyment from it.

Wasn't one of it's selling points destructible environments or something like that? Was a bit of fun but fairly average overall. My first Half Life experience was the PS2 version, bloody brilliant that was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement