Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

What's oranger ? An old C64 or an orange ? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, just checked the tracking on my XE-1 stick for the PC Engine and it's not going to be here until the 21st of this month!
    And that's with UPS.
    Feck.
    Well, at least it'll give me time to build an adapter.
    Just googled how to do it and, lo and behold, a not so old thread popped up from here abouts, with Bandit and Myrddin showing the way,
    linky dinky doo!
    I'll nip up to Maplins and buy the bits and bobs then apply some pressure on Kerb to do the soldering.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Another new get! Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Star Lord wrote: »

Nice, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Is that for the iCade?

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Is that for the iCade?

Yup, from a blog I was reading of a guy that adapted his, it should fit pretty well (though may need a bit of work to rotate the mechanism so the cable can connect properly.)

eddhorse wrote: »
    Nice, what is it?

It's a Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yup, from a blog I was reading of a guy that adapted his, it should fit pretty well (though may need a bit of work to rotate the mechanism so the cable can connect properly.)

Looks like a higher quality version of the default one thats installed.
    Give me a shout if you need a mount or bracket 3d printed for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like my stick is taking a slow and languid journey across the EU, I'm not sure if tracking is a good or bad thing when you can see it being transported in something that moves not unlike a pony and trap.
    Today it is in Germany, as it was yesterday, on Monday it took a delightful trip from the border with Croatia to Bologna.
    They really should send a card, it's having a better holiday than I am this year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got these awesome cover plates for the 3ds this morning.

31137522-595B-4E42-8B26-0E294DA552FA_zpsj0as2ua9.jpg

Also have something very special on the way that I'm praying arrives soon/at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just won this on eBay,
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231868509350&alt=web

An XE-1 PC, Micomsoft PC Engine arcade stick
    $_1.JPG

And it cost me a small €20, not including postage.

Now, it isn't the Pro stick, with the adjustable button position, and I can't find any information on if it has the integral multitap, as the Pro model does.

In fact I can find no information on this anywhere, but figured at the price I could take a chance.

Anyone here have any ideas on the stick?

http://www.pc-engine.co.uk/?section=controllers

China-only release?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Looks the same but that the chinese stick is called the XE-2 and this is the XE-1, otherwise they look similar.
    Also, the top row of controls, the turbo speed select and slow, are different, with the XE-1 seeming to be identical to the XE-1 Pro.

Edit: Big eejit that I am, I see the one you're talking about, yes, that's it, well spotted!
    I wonder how it ended up in Italy?

Edit again: it's now in the UK! Perhaps I'll have it by Friday?
    Also, Maplins had none of the bits I need for the adapter, got then in Farnells instead, thanks for the links Bandit. Though with the bank holiday tomorrow probably won't have them til next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Picked up some Retro-ish gets for the future of gaming today:

HxeNIgZ.jpg

2 Move controllers for €8 each in CeX as they will be used by some games for PlayStation VR when it's launched in October!

The Navigation controller was €6

Might as well get them while they're cheap before the demand kicks in at launch, I'm actually thinking about becoming an early adopter for PlayStation VR! :eek:

I also ordered the Sharpshooter gun attachment for Move and an official charging dock all new for a total of £20 new on Amazon.

Ive seen the Sharpshooter in action in one of the PlayStation VR demos so hopefully will get to use it.

I tried out the Move and Navigator controllers in a Killzone bot match and even without the gun attachment I can already tell it will be much more comfortable to move in the game than the Guncon 3 was in Time Crisis.

Sony seem to be ticking all the right boxes at the moment to acquire the largest Market share for VR imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Now go get Time Crisis: Razing Storm (3-in-1 with Time Crisis 4, TC: Razing Storm and Deadstorm Pirates) and House of the Dead 4 and further justify the purchase by sinking 40+ hours into some light-gun jollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I opened the cards that came with one of them.

12828417_981024171980951_3569007982625596367_o.jpg

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Now go get Time Crisis: Razing Storm (3-in-1 with Time Crisis 4, TC: Razing Storm and Deadstorm Pirates) and House of the Dead 4 and further justify the purchase by sinking 40+ hours into some light-gun jollies.

Better always with the Guncon 3, the orangy one, it's a decent light gun that works with the Namco shooters on the PS3, sadly nothing else.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

Yeah I need to get mah mits on House of the Dead 4, have the former games with the Guncon 3.

The nice thing about the Guncon 3 is you can aim with the iron sights, but Ifound it very uncomfortable for movement with the position of the cheap plastic thumbsticks.

Looking forward to trying out the Sharpshooter, it just looks more comfortable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Doge wrote: »
    Picked up some Retro-ish gets for the future of gaming today:

HxeNIgZ.jpg

2 Move controllers for €8 each in CeX as they will be used by some games for PlayStation VR when it's launched in October!

The Navigation controller was €6

Might as well get them while they're cheap before the demand kicks in at launch, I'm actually thinking about becoming an early adopter for PlayStation VR! :eek:

I also ordered the Sharpshooter gun attachment for Move and an official charging dock all new for a total of £20 new on Amazon.

Ive seen the Sharpshooter in action in one of the PlayStation VR demos so hopefully will get to use it.

I tried out the Move and Navigator controllers in a Killzone bot match and even without the gun attachment I can already tell it will be much more comfortable to move in the game than the Guncon 3 was in Time Crisis.

Sony seem to be ticking all the right boxes at the moment to acquire the largest Market share for VR imo.

jesus ..the move controllers were 4 each a few weeks back ..got 4 of them , navigator, camera and a gun attacment for spare change earlier in the year.

I picked up the Asian premium edition of Killer is Dead for my PS3, sadly the code seems to be used, at least I can't use it via the Japanese PSN site, or should I have to try it in the HK PSN site instead?

Edit: I'll just set up an Asian account and try again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Dr Bob wrote: »
    jesus ..the move controllers were 4 each a few weeks back ..got 4 of them , navigator, camera and a gun attacment for spare change earlier in the year.

€4 or €8, not sure I'd buy Move controllers second hand tbh. You wouldn't know what folk were using them for! :pac:

ooh-matron.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll need a Hong Kong account for your gigolo mode content :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Pure filth!

Dr Bob wrote: »

I saw that in the review left on the CeX site, yeh lucky feckers!

What purpose did you pick them up for back then btw, was it for use on the PS3?

Or were you a cute hoor and saw the future? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Good to know I got that version too

Kinda more Atavan territory but made a whiskey and wine fuelled purchase just now...
    Silhouette Mirage for the Saturn @ 35 posted...
    Here's hoping I didn't frak this up.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's about as much as I paid for it in Japan. Saturn version is also the superior version, especially over the US release which working designs absolutely screwed up.

That's about as much as I paid for it in Japan. Saturn version is also the superior version, especially over the US release which working designs absolutely screwed up.

Some of the eBay prices for it are nuts.
    I must watch out for Radiant Silvergun as well, though I'd say it'll be a tad steeper.
    I have the 360 version of that but, as always, a physical copy is better!

Steve Bailey sells it occasionally for decent prices.

Steve Bailey sells it occasionally for decent prices.

Your Blog that you "Updated regularly now" would seem to have last been updated in July 2013!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Your Blog that you "Updated regularly now" would seem to have last been updated in July 2013!

My signature isn't updated regularly :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement