Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Obvious sound issues aside, another very good show. Was hoping it would be weekly but can live with bi-weekly.

When it was said that Batista could just go out of the ring and lie down at Wrestlemania, I got the image of him literally walking out of the ring and laying down for a nap :pac:

On the Willow thing, Taz more or less said it was Hardy. Pointed out the tattoos, said he was very Charismatic Enigma like (or something to that effect) and a few other things. It's more a Mr. America thing than a Joseph Park thing. Speaking of Park, I also enjoyed him but it ran its course.

Two names that I'm very surprised were not mentioned for the Jarrett question. Adam Cole and Alex Shelley. Obviously Shelley is based in Japan now but has said he is returning to the indies so would be an option. Was surprised with the Bennett suggestion. He isn't that good at anything and is lost without Maria. Not really a guy to be the focal point in my book. Adam Cole meanwhile is brilliant at everything and can play an amazing heel.

On top of having a strong women's division I think they should try for a strong tag division too. TNA's goes up and down on a monthly basis while WWE build it up only to cut it back down again a few months later. ROH is decent but are really lacking top teams. Would be a good area to focus on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A Failure
    Good stuff, lads. Listening to it now. First one I've been able to check out. I like the way Moneymaker keeps the flow.

Was it mrkiscool who didn't like the hijack Raw segment? I agree with his thoughts on that segment. I said my piece on that earlier in the thread though so I won't go off on that again. :pac:

Also I think you guys are correct that Cena will lose at Mania the way it's shaping up. Reason I say that is because the card looks quite babyface-oriented at the moment as regards the finishes. At least one heel you'd think is picking up a big win.

I liked the opening theme of Emma but how about picking a weird theme to kick off every podcast? Preferably one that's obscure and almost forgotten about but still entertaining.
    Yep, that was me. I think it needed to be said. Haven't actually read a lot of the RAW thread but just glad someone agreed with me haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Top class stuff lads. Enjoying these a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    In relation to Jeff's promotion and the possible women's division you suggested, Was Jeff in TNA when the whole thing with Daffney happened? I'd say she would be more than happy to bring friends to compete with TNA since she had influence over the women the time of One Night Only.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    In relation to Jeff's promotion and the possible women's division you suggested, Was Jeff in TNA when the whole thing with Daffney happened? I'd say she would be more than happy to bring friends to compete with TNA since she had influence over the women the time of One Night Only.

Assuming the Abyss thing? At that time Jarrett had already been removed from power and I dont think he was even around at the time. He wouldnt have had any involvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    Think it was just the whole unsafe work environment lawsuit, which was I assume was partially due to Rosie Lottalove nearly ending her career.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think it was just the whole unsafe work environment lawsuit, which was I assume was partially due to Rosie Lottalove nearly ending her career.

The Abyss thing was the start of it. When she went through a barbed wire board, got injured and was told they werent going to help her with the medical bills. The Rosie stuff happened a while (about 6 months?) after but the Abyss stuff was the big one from what I remember. Either way, Jarrett had been removed from power before hand. He definitely wasnt around for the Abyss stuff and I doubt he had any power back six months later.

Daffney would be a great person to get involved. She has a tonne of connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Great stuff, really enjoyed it lads!.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    Thanks guys, really appreciate all the feedback.

I've kind of approached it in a sort of 'see how it goes and how much you enjoy it before you make any serious commitments' kind of way. Well I enjoy it a lot and it would be cool to have it grow into something that gets recognised. So you can expect a lot more 'Please share this with friends/facebook/twitter plugs from now on :pac:

You should start plugging the video club and other stuff too. Just a quick mention if you's dont feel like talking about the show in question too much.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You should start plugging the video club and other stuff too. Just a quick mention if you's dont feel like talking about the show in question too much.

Yeah we have talked about discussing boards stuff alright, think we planned to talk about the draft but the downtime we had put us on the clock.

We could definitely take 10 minutes and talk about MITB 2011 next show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    Agreed, we just got plauged with techincal difficulties so we ran out of time to talk about Boards, but it would be mentioned for sure.

Also would like to see us talking about Irish wrestling shows that are coming up. Did it with the last podcast and it always goes down nicely

A Failure
    Agreed, we just got plauged with techincal difficulties so we ran out of time to talk about Boards, but it would be mentioned for sure.

Also would like to see us talking about Irish wrestling shows that are coming up. Did it with the last podcast and it always goes down nicely

Not been to one in years, thats what happens when you have no (wrestling) friends.

:(

I thought the structure was of the show was good. You guys had alot on your plate with two raws, smackdown and Lockdown. The question from boards members was great, especially the fantasy booking of Toby Keith/ Jarrett new company. Would have loved for that to go for ever haha.

A Failure
    We will not be recording this week as MrK is otherwise detained.

Next Wednesday has been booked however and we hope to go ahead then.

To make up for it I would hope to do back to back weeks, and there should be plenty to talk about.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    We will not be recording this week as MrK is otherwise detained.

Next Wednesday has been booked however and we hope to go ahead then.

To make up for it I would hope to do back to back weeks, and there should be plenty to talk about.

6 hour show? :D

A Failure
    We are back on Wednesday. We will be doing a Wrestlemania preview and prediction show.

Shoot some questions(non-WWE related are always welcomed) here and we will talk over them.

Be just the usual four this time out as no-one brave enough has come forward to be a guest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Failure
    Ill go again.... :)

A Failure
    If possible I think Id like to get peoples thoughts on EC3 and how hes come on leaps and bounds since his Derrick Bateman days

Also Thoughts on the draft and Boardsies Hall of Fame

If you's have watched it, could you's talk about Wrestlemania 19 for the video club?

• Advertisement

A Failure
    Im inthe process of watching it tonight, my first watch of the club :)

A Failure
    If you's have watched it, could you's talk about Wrestlemania 19 for the video club?

Watched it last night, consider it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    Be just the usual four this time out as no-one brave enough has come forward to be a guest :pac:

Bravery is often confused with stupidity. Consider me stupid seeing as it's mania season!

A Failure
    Bravery is often confused with stupidity. Consider me stupid seeing as it's mania season!

Joe beat you to it. :D

WM post-show is all yours though. I'd like to do another one Wednesday week provided the studio is free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    Considering the one week delay it's looking like this 1 of the usual 4 may not make it this week. (so I guess there is a space a Heel re-turn this week should you want to keep it at 5)

Have been doing the early shift one Wednesday (when we record) followed by the late shift the next Wednesday recently and it had synched up perfectly with our recording every 2nd Wednesday but this time due to the one week hiatus I wont be back from work until just about when we usually finish up recording.

Iirc though the plan was to do another show next week dealing with the fallout from mania and the following Raw and I will be back for that one and will pm MM all my predictions etc for this show so they can call me on anything I got completely arseways next show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure

WM post-show is all yours though. I'd like to do another one Wednesday week provided the studio is free.

Sounds awesome! In apologise for bleeding ears when I hurl abuse at Vince and Trip if they've messed up!

A Failure
    Considering the one week delay it's looking like this 1 of the usual 4 may not make it this week. (so I guess there is a space a Heel re-turn this week should you want to keep it at 5)

Have been doing the early shift one Wednesday (when we record) followed by the late shift the next Wednesday recently and it had synched up perfectly with our recording every 2nd Wednesday but this time due to the one week hiatus I wont be back from work until just about when we usually finish up recording.

Iirc though the plan was to do another show next week dealing with the fallout from mania and the following Raw and I will be back for that one and will pm MM all my predictions etc for this show so they can call me on anything I got completely arseways next show

Was supposed to be a show last week but it got cancelled so we decided to do a show this week to make up for that.

Guess Hashtag is drafted after all. :pac:

Sorry to not have you onboard BH.

A Failure
    Was supposed to be a show last week but it got cancelled so we decided to do a show this week to make up for that.

Guess Hashtag is drafted after all. :pac:

Sorry to not have you onboard BH.

Yeah no worries about that afterall you couldnt control when the studio was available and its good that Beaker/hashtag have been on already so its not always new voices but ill be back post mania and like I said ill send you some opinions etc you can mention on the show if you wish. Can use me as a jumping off point if you want

Ex: So lads what do you think about BHs opinion that Zack Ryder will be added to the main event by Hulk Hogan and take home to gold? time to have him sectioned or what?

Yeah no worries about that afterall you couldnt control when the studio was available and its good that Beaker/hashtag have been on already so its not always new voices but ill be back post mania and like I said ill send you some opinions etc you can mention on the show if you wish. Can use me as a jumping off point if you want

Ex: So lads what do you think about BHs opinion that Zack Ryder will be added to the main event by Hulk Hogan and take home to gold? time to have him sectioned or what?

I will be incredibly let down if they dont take inspiration from the recent Raw threads and make up questions that you sent in :D

• Advertisement

A Failure
    I will be incredibly let down if they dont take inspiration from the recent Raw threads and make up questions that you sent in :D

I can see it now

MM: "...and here is another question from our very own Bounty Hunter, MM I've always wondered how did you become so awesome? hmm tough one BH..."

Advertisement