Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    For the next one, on top of the Lockdown review for being mean to my wifey :p

Who would you sign for Jarrett's promotion (assuming it happens soon) and who would you push as the top guy? For the first part, I dont mean a full roster, but you can do that if you like. Just a few names to be the spine of the company.

That would be a great discussion I think, you could fill half a show with that alone *starts taking notes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    I'd love to review lockdown. I think TNA is coming on in leaps and bounds as if late. Be good to have someone who isn't 100% anti-TNA and someone who's 100% anti-TNA review the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd love to review lockdown. I think TNA is coming on in leaps and bounds as if late. Be good to have someone who isn't 100% anti-TNA and someone who's 100% anti-TNA review the show!

Dont think we have anyone 100% anti-TNA here. Most just dont watch it at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Dont think we have anyone 100% anti-TNA here. Most just dont watch it at all.

Yeah i'd like it to be good enough to get me interested in it but I was being honest on the podcast when I was saying I hadn't watched it in ages.

Think it was in reference to Bobby Roode, thought he looked really good a few years ago but couldnt comment on how good he's been recently cos TNA sucked so much from what I had seen that I didn't want to watch to find out.

That said Ive watched so little in recent times that maybe I would be completely objective going in having missed all the Aces & 8s stuff for example all the current storylines and guys on top could be completely new to me and I would be appraising them through fresh eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd love to get your view's on the teams at present going their separate ways? How do you see The Real American split play out and when The Shield's full on implosion happens are we guaranteed more of that awesome Shield awesomeness from the trio?

And whilst were at it maybe your two cents on great and crappy splits over the years. The Barbershop Window is rightfully rated in the stratosphere in terms of perfect, but who else rank highly IJO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

I've just listened to the 2 episodes and found them pretty good.
    My only real criticism is that there was very heavy breathing in the background especially on the second one. I found it very distracting.
    Fair play though lads I will definitely listen to the next one.

A Failure
    srfc d16 wrote: »
    My only real criticism is that there was very heavy breathing in the background especially on the second one. I found it very distracting.

That'd be gnfnrhead becoming enraged at Hogan and AJ. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

A segment discussing/going mental about Willow the Wisp would be phenomenal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    Planning to record tomorrow.

If mrk and TBC ever reply on skype that is :pac::pac:

Submit questions here and we'll go through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A Failure
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Planning to record tomorrow.

If mrk and TBC ever reply on skype that is :pac::pac:

Submit questions here and we'll go through them.
    Hey, shut up! :P I'm going to be here don't worry about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lockdown review and the Jarrett question please. :D

I'm sure Raw will be talked about in general so not much point in being specific for that.

A Failure
    Who's on this week lads? Need to alter my questions depending.

A Failure
    I've invited beakerjoe this week.

A Failure
    Just a reminder we will be recording another podcast tonight.

Any questions or topics you'd like us to address, post below, otherwise it'll be 90 minutes of us rambling about whatever we want :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

if anyone watched the ICW docu last night (YT) I'd love to hear your thoughts. and Willow of course!

A Failure
    Watching Lockdown atm in prep for the show later, first full TNA show ive watched in I dunno 2 years.

A Failure
    Watching Lockdown atm in prep for the show later, first full TNA show ive watched in I dunno 2 years.

I wish I was professional as you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Failure
    Ah I haven't watched Lockdown, been a hectic week since last Tuesday week. Just caught Raw this morning and having problems getting my Draft PPV up (its written though). I have kept up with Impact Wrestling in recent weeks so apart from the PPV im up to speed

A Failure
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    I wish I was professional as you :pac:

dunno would you be saying that if youd seen the show, I've always said tho I want a real alternative to WWE and wish TNA was good so I was trying not to be auto negative watching it

A Failure
    Had a few disconnects but we've recorded the next cast.

I will share it as soon as its uploaded.

Thanks to beakerjoe for coming on. :)

Next cast will be on the 26th, if you are interested in speaking on it, let me know here or by PM.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    yeah slow start improved then though pity about the cutting out a few times which means there will def be more editing on this one I guess but still good fun and hopefully a decent listen

A Failure
    yeah slow start improved then though pity about the cutting out a few times which means there will def be more editing on this one I guess but still good fun and hopefully a decent listen

I was very nervous personally and hopefully I will get better the next time im asked. Was nice to be a part of it.

A Failure
    Soundcloud acting up now :mad:

Probably won't be online tonight at this rate.

I'll keep you all posted.

A Failure
    https://soundcloud.com/bryan-mulhall-1/boards-pw-podcast-episode-3

There we go, enjoy. Sorry for a random cut here or there, we had some internet outages.

Feedback and criticism, ideas to improve most welcome.

Hope you like our intro :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

A Failure
    Listening now. Intro not long enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good stuff, lads. Listening to it now. First one I've been able to check out. I like the way Moneymaker keeps the flow.

Was it mrkiscool who didn't like the hijack Raw segment? I agree with his thoughts on that segment. I said my piece on that earlier in the thread though so I won't go off on that again. :pac:

Also I think you guys are correct that Cena will lose at Mania the way it's shaping up. Reason I say that is because the card looks quite babyface-oriented at the moment as regards the finishes. At least one heel you'd think is picking up a big win.

I liked the opening theme of Emma but how about picking a weird theme to kick off every podcast? Preferably one that's obscure and almost forgotten about but still entertaining.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Disappointed with the Intro Lads.. Tuned in expecting to hear this..:pac:

A Failure
    Disappointed with the Intro Lads.. Tuned in expecting to hear this..:pac:

I did say it off recording! Almost got to mention it at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I listening to this whilst writing my Draft PPV really enjoying it lads well done.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    Just listened to the beginning so far. Just needs to be video so we can see you all doing the Emma. :)

Advertisement