Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    Recorded! 1 hour 15 mins long. Hope ya'll enjoy it, we'll try and get it edited and up before Elimination Chamber.

Major thanks to Bostoncrab, Bounty Hunter and mrk for their contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    You will all enjoy hearing the birth of the greatest buddy-combo film ever thought up, featuring one of the greatest actors of all time and the most hilarious-for-the-wrong-but-so-right reasons wrestler ever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Recorded! 1 hour 15 mins long. Hope ya'll enjoy it, we'll try and get it edited and up before Elimination Chamber.

Major thanks to Bostoncrab, Bounty Hunter and mrk for their contributions.

Glad to be involved, hope anyone listening likes it, we will hopefully have it up pretty soon. Might not be much editing but it's a first run

for future reference we will mention anything asked and hope to do it regular enough from now on although maybe not every week, so ask away like with the titus / 2013 review above and we will go through whatever.

re TBC:I want to see that movie

A Failure
    also incase your new to the boards.ie podcasts and don't get what seems to be an in-joke below just as our host Moneymaker didn't, the story is re-hashed in a bostoncrab bombshell at the end! worth waiting for :pac:
    2013-01-11-18-12-44.Evan%20Bourne%203.jpg

A Failure
    https://soundcloud.com/bryan-mulhall-1/boards-wrestling-podcast

For your listening pleasure.

All feedback and (constructive) criticism welcome.

Not perfect but we had a lot of fun and hope to make this a regular thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is their any way to download it to my PC without iTunes?

A Failure
    I can email you the link the the mp3 file if you want?

Cant be asking you to do that every time!

I'll get iTunes again if it's going to be a regular thing.

A Failure
    We definitely plan on making it that.

We have recording planned for Wednesday and then probably 2 more before Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Failure
    Im regretting not being apart now, looking forward to a listen.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im regretting not being apart now, looking forward to a listen.

Can have you on before WM id say.

Hashtag Heel has agreed to come on the cast on Wednesday.

Jaysus lads, yous have some Wrestlemania 31 in mind.

Hogan vs Cena and Undertaker vs Sting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, yous have some Wrestlemania 31 in mind.

Hogan vs Cena and Undertaker vs Sting :pac:
    Yeah, we should really be bookers for WWE! :pac: But really enjoyed it, hope you guys do too! We will definitely have a post EC show and hopefully another one and then a WM build-up show!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Was a bit ropey at the start and then turned a massive corner half way through. Obviously you got more comfortable but I think it was deviating from strict topics and just let the conversation flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

That dystopian future where humanity becomes auto-tuned in response to Dean Ambrose is the stuff of nightmares. :pac:

A Failure
    rovert wrote: »
    Was a bit ropey at the start and then turned a massive corner half way through. Obviously you got more comfortable but I think it was deviating from strict topics and just let the conversation flow.

Yeah I myself was pretty nervous, never done anything like this before ever early on. Did feel a lot better and we just forgot we were recording and just talked wrestling after a little while.

For future shows, I'd like a better spread. It was nearly all WWE this time. Hopefully in future you's can cover more companies and ideally in a positive manner to encourage people to watch other companies more often.

PWG's All Star Weekend is just out, that would be a great starting point.

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    For future shows, I'd like a better spread. It was nearly all WWE this time. Hopefully in future you's can cover more companies and ideally in a positive manner to encourage people to watch other companies more often.

PWG's All Star Weekend is just out, that would be a great starting point.

Well the vast majority of people listening I imagine mainly watch WWE so it makes sense really. And these days I don't have a lot of time to watch anything else :(

But you're right though, we talked a bit about NJPW and we don't plan on it being 100% WWE talk going forward.

I'm thinking of a cast in the future focused entirely on non-WWE talk and things like how someone who wants to expand their horizons can do it and who and what to watch, etc etc.

I have lots of ideas in my head for topics and things to discuss but one thing at a time.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Well the vast majority of people listening I imagine mainly watch WWE so it makes sense really. And these days I don't have a lot of time to watch anything else :(

But you're right though, we talked a bit about NJPW and we don't plan on it being 100% WWE talk going forward.

I'm thinking of a cast in the future focused entirely on non-WWE talk and things like how someone who wants to expand their horizons can do it and who and what to watch, etc etc.

I have lots of ideas in my head for topics and things to discuss but one thing at a time.

I know the majority watch WWE and I didnt mean dont talk about them at all. I meant something like 10 minutes per show (assuming roughly an hour) to talk about the likes of PWG, ROH, TNA, NJPW. The majority would be as it was, but a bit of time set aside to talk specifically about other companies. If you know who will be on in advance, you could say we'll be talking about whatever show so make sure you watch some of it at least.

Doubt I am allowed link, so just google watch wrestling and you'll find it. Almost everything is there.

Just my input but obviously it is up to whoever is on. :)

A Failure
    rovert wrote: »

Pretty much a mix between the feedback I got from someone and my response right there. Was told 1 or two of us sounded nervous at the beginning including myself but that it sounded much better and it had a good flow then too.

I'd agree in some ways about deviating from the strict topics but perhaps thats cos not everyone was fully ready for the earlier topics, for instance when asked about the review of 2013 I was like uhh hadn't really thought about that and through out stuff from the observer or a WWE list of best of 2013 that perhaps the others also were not expecting meanwhile everyone was prepped and had stuff in mind id say to mention with regards Punk / Hogan / The Chamber etc so that flowed much more easily and was more like a conversation. All things that should improve when the lads do it a few more times and have a bit more prep time to go through the extra things people throw their way in here to discuss.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    Aye once we all get used to talking with one another it will flow a lot better, like the old podcast with Walt, DB and myself the first episode or two was getting to know each other really and by the 3rd or 4th episode we were flying

A Failure
    Aaaaand negotiations have begun with the first special guest of the new era of the show. Early days yet but if it works out then I think people will be happy!

Aaaaand negotiations have begun with the first special guest of the new era of the show. Early days yet but if it works out then I think people will be happy!

It better be Hulk Hogan after that build up :D

A Failure
    please be Evan Bourne :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Imagine their disappointment when it turns out to be me ;)
    Seriously looking forward to listening to the show lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    Swerve! It's me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    Anyone got any questions or points for this weeks show?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Failure
    Where do you guys see Cesaro fitting in to WM?

Are you happy with the TNA main event at lockdown?

What would be your dream match with ROH and NJPW having a few joint shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Do ye trust HHH/Steph to be the boss once Vince passes.

• Advertisement

Do ye trust HHH/Steph to be the boss once Vince passes.

Related to this.

How do you rate Triple H's work thus far? There was a lot of positivity about him early on, but in recent months almost everything he was supposed to be behind has gone in the opposite direction. Tag division "revival", not bringing people up without several months of storyline (Hi Xavier Woods!) and so on.

Advertisement