Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options
  • 29-06-2012 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

jaykhunter wrote: »
    And a hearty congratulations to the PW Boards.ie podcast panel who correctly predicted 1.1m buys ;)

Think that was the only thing we were right about! :pac:

HHH as the new boss so far in 1 word? 18 votes

A Success
    0%
    A Failure
    100%
    Bounty HunterCastorTroygerTheGreatMoneymakerCharisteasD.QGarseysthebostoncrabMr.Saturnmrkiscool2Hashtag_HEELManning3000Alfred BordenA Brad Maddox GuyEVOL1991beakerjoeAgent CoulsonInsideandout 18 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Speak for yourself! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Speak for yourself! :pac::pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFtmXmo_4osmrNC0mMUlFd3fSsnUmmUU0pYL8JUJcK9HKMB3q-dnB9c5XwOg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    And a hearty congratulations to the PW Boards.ie podcast panel who correctly predicted 1.1m buys ;)

The PW boards have a podcast? (Sorry still kind of new to the boards :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah, where's the podcast? I would've been all over that if I knew such a thing existed. Tell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah, where's the podcast? I would've been all over that if I knew such a thing existed. Tell.

+1, surely details of the podcast and upcoming shows should be kept in a sticky thread for all to see? (or there prob is one already, I may be blind, haha)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

There's a link to the Wrestlemania show on the podcast thread..

Theres also the other Boards Podcast's are over at www.thebostoncrab.net
    We havent done a show in quite a while, but at the time we interviewed Mick Foley, Eddie Edwards, Colt Cabana, Gabe Sapolsky, Jimmy Jacobs, and the infamous mistress of Billy Gunn:pac:

Deadly! There's a few hours for me to pass now. Cheers. Always nice to have an oul mistress on, to veer into Howard Stern-esque territory!

TSC, myself & CM_Punked revived the Boards.ie podcast to preview WrestleMania, which can be found here : http://teamshadowclan.podbean.com/

TheBostonCrab & Walter's podcasts are available here : http://thebostoncrab.net/blog/?cat=50

& of course, yours truly currently does the #1 wrestling video podcast in the world, OSW Review :)

Ah, very good. Cheers. Actually the link in the above post wouldn't work so I'm glad to hear these now. How regularly do you do your ones?

Episodes of OSW Review drop about every 3 weeks, depends on when everyone's free (and video editing takes an eternity!). I should probably label it's boards.ie thread better, lol. If you have any feedback (positive and negative) about the show & ways i could improve it, i'd love to hear it.

If chatting about wrestling on a podcast is something you'd be interested in, hit up TeamShadowClan ;)

• Advertisement

With all the sh!te that's going on in the wrestling world at the moment i think we should re-revive the 'cast. Make it more of a regular thing.

Get onto TSC, I'm sure he'd be up for it. You only need 2 for a podcast! (or even 1 regular and 1 guest).

I'm gonna split this thread to give it some attention :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hehe, I was planning on trying to get another done when I got back from holidays. To reiterate, I literally got a job the week after recording the Mania one after sitting at home for 18 months, so it became a bit difficult to do given all I had on my plate. It was just my luck that just as we got it off the ground, I got my first ever real paying job :P I ended up editing that one together between classes in school in my classroom :P

Maybe Episode #2 could coincide with the 1,000th Episode of Raw? Record it the Tuesday morning/afternoon/evening after it (I'd be back on the 13th, three days before the episode, so just after it could be used to discuss the celebration show itself), discuss our favorite moments in Raw history? Maybe work out a thing where people can send me comments about their favorite moments, read them out and discuss them?

Maybe Episode #2 could coincide with the 1,000th Episode of Raw? Record it the Tuesday morning/afternoon/evening after it (I'd be back on the 13th, three days before the episode, so just after it could be used to discuss the celebration show itself), discuss our favorite moments in Raw history? Maybe work out a thing where people can send me comments about their favorite moments, read them out and discuss them?

I like that idea, anything that avoids me making ridiculous predictions. :pac:

A Failure
    If you ever need a guest/guest host, I'm only a message away! :D

Ok, so me and Punked were saying we can record on Tuesday 17th July, which is...
    • The morning after Raw #999, meaning we'll have an idea of what to expect out of the 1000th episode.
    • A few days after I get back from holidays, giving me time to set things up...

So what I'll ask at this stage is that if there's anyone who wants to join us on that day, who has the equipment to record (a headset and Audacity basically), drop me a PM pr leave a message here. We've not set a specific time on that day yet so that's still flexible.

Even if you're not up for actually talking during the podcast, we want you to be involved :D This is a podcast for the whole board, so we're inviting people to PM me your favorite Raw moments. Ideally, we'd be looking for a few lines on the moment/night/match/angle in question, or even just a bit of what watching Raw over the years has meant for you. PM me what you'd like read out and discussed on air and we'll include it on the podcast.

(If a Mod could alter the topic title to reflect we're looking for people's submissions, I'd appreciate it...)

A Failure

So what I'll ask at this stage is that if there's anyone who wants to join us on that day, who has the equipment to record (a headset and Audacity basically), drop me a PM pr leave a message here.

What kind of headset would be needed?

Any that can record audio really. Obviously, the better the sound quality, the better, but I know I had a pretty bad one for the Mania one. I can edit out background noise to an extent, so it's not that we're asking for major investment in a head set :P

A Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic works if you plug it into the PC. Any usb mic. And any set of headphones to plug into the PC so your mic doesn't pick up other peoples' voices.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    I'd love to jump in again :)

A Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic works if you plug it into the PC. Any usb mic. And any set of headphones to plug into the PC so your mic doesn't pick up other peoples' voices.

Whats your setup like, Jay? I'd imagine all the OSW guys round a table going by how it sounds when i'm watching.

That's exactly it. I have a blue yeti mic that has a different range settings, and we sit around my living room table. I haven't sorted optimal settings yet, I just sound check each time when we're recording. Getting them to sit still & give me sound levels is a bloody nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

A Failure
    definitely interesting in getting involved in this TSC, Got audacity & a decent headset too so all things a go:pac:

A Failure
    Is this A PG show? Also where is it recorded?

A Failure
    Hope that the Raw before the podcast isn't as bad as this weeks! God that was AWFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

What would you be looking for people to do lads?

Hope that the Raw before the podcast isn't as bad as this weeks! God that was AWFUL!

We always can fall back on MITB.

• Advertisement

ciano316 wrote: »
    What would you be looking for people to do lads?

See post #17.

Quick bump before I head off on my trip back home. Haven't actually recieved any PMs on favorite moments from the show so hoping people are just waiting till the weekend :P

Advertisement