Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Listened to last weeks and would be interested in the BWE thing. Would anyone else be up for it?

Just search BWE in the search bar and you find a load of the threads.

Also, again. Kunts :pac: I get abuse every time! That NXT question wasn't me either. I asked about Wrestlemania 19 which I haven't gotten around to finishing yet myself :o

Pretty funny hearing how convinced everyone was that Undertaker was going to win an amazing match :pac:

I enjoyed it being an extra long one. I know it isn't easy to do that long but it's very enjoyable as always.

think you avoided abuse in the most recent cast, although that one was cut short so ... :P

Yeah the BWE should be easy to find, tis a link to the old main thread in the hotlinks sticky iirc, not sure about the discussion thread but I assume that could be found too although at the end we had been using our own private group to discuss storyline plans (thouh tbh thats not even neccesary, could be more fun just to write one and then sit back and see what the next person does with it) i'd probably do the occasional show if it was up and running again but yeah youd beed more folk.

You should come on (the podcast) though as you seem to have a daycent sense of humour, being able to take the light ribbing and all so would prob be good crack

and yeah we were all wrong about taker but tbh who wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

A Failure
    I think anybody interested in the BWE and/or the Draft would enjoy the Total Extreme Wrestling games. Its a booking simulator and there are plenty of mods for different eras too. Pretty sure the 05 version is freeware, the newest one (13) is about $30 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Fair play lads; enjoyed it and some funny moments as well.

Who was that who said "the streak ending was the most shocking thing since 9/11?"

Brilliant! Maybe it's wrong but it had me in stiches. :D

Also, whoever it was who doesn't like Batista.

"I'd expect Batista to have a big match at Summerslam".

"Ah, jaysus." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    Also, whoever it was who doesn't like Batista.

"I'd expect Batista to have a big match at Summerslam".

"Ah, jaysus." :D

Yeah, I can't stand Batista!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    Recording Tuesday, we should have a new guest with us this show round.

Send in your questions there and we'll go through them.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Recording Tuesday, we should have a new guest with us this show round.

Send in your questions there and we'll go through them.

wont be on skype for a few days so will let you know here that as it's been moved to Tuesday I will have to miss this one as I wont be back from Berlin until Tuesday night. If for whatever reason it changes back to Wednesday as usual though ill be there with bells on.

Look forward to listening too and good luck to the new voice (nothing to worry about to be honest).

1 question for you lads although I know not everyone watches it: Whats your opinion of former knockouts tag champion Eric Young being the new TNA world champion? and in your opinion would he have the belt if Daniel Bryan didn't in the WWE?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You's said you would talk about GFW this week if I'm not mistaken :p
    and in your opinion would he have the belt if Daniel Bryan didn't in the WWE?

I've seen this said a few times and I really think if that is what they were going for, they would have used Aries. He is a million times more popular and would have gotten a huge pop for winning. I think it's just people forcing a connection but curious to hear what others think.

While we're on the subject, Sacrifice is the next PPV so half assed predictions would be nice :pac:

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You's said you would talk about GFW this week if I'm not mistaken :p

I've seen this said a few times and I really think if that is what they were going for, they would have used Aries. He is a million times more popular and would have gotten a huge pop for winning. I think it's just people forcing a connection but curious to hear what others think.

While we're on the subject, Sacrifice is the next PPV so half assed predictions would be nice :pac:

yeah im curious to see what others think although with Aries I think his contract is up soon and EY was somewhat involved in the storyline with Joe etc, but ill leave the rest for someone on the show to perhaps explain

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    Just back from weekend down wesht.

I find the strange thing about EY winning is that he was a replacement for Joe, so the whole thing came from nowhere.

As for the link, I can see past the beard because EY has been there a long time. Think the bigger link is that he competed twice in one night.

But yeah could be discussed on the podcast.

A Failure
    And another cast recorded.

Thanks to Castor Troy for coming on this week.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    No problem. Was fun.

Hope any problems with the mike didn't come across too much. My setup is just desktop, tv and webcam.

And for anyone listening who requires a Donegal to south translated transcript, please send a large stamped SAE along with €50 to CastorTroy c/o MoneyMaker

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When is this one out and will it be linked again? Really liked the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When is this one out and will it be linked again? Really liked the last one.

A Failure
    When it's ready.

Waiting for mrkiscool to send me the recording so I can upload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Failure
    48893495.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    48893495.jpg

My life long goal if being a meme has become complete!

A Failure
    I forgot to bring up the biggest news of the week: The heel turn of Hornswoggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Failure
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I forgot to bring up the biggest news of the week: The heel turn of Hornswoggle.

Firstly its an improvement for Hornswoggle. He looks bad ass!

Still though, get him off TV.

A Failure
    I will not hear anything negative about the 1/2 in the 3&1/2MB!

• Advertisement

A Failure
    Wow, my mike really was bad. Sorry!
    Explains a lot with regard my previous Skype calls. Need to upgrade.

Was strange being on it. At times I forgot I was and just thought I was listening to the podcast. :)

Coouple things I thought about afterwards: For the Cena/Wyatt family thing, I can't see him joining because Bray is the leader of the family and can't exactly see Cena as a follower. Though he could take the spot Bryan was meant to be running with.

And as for the Shield split. I'm glad they held off on it because if they had pulled the trigger when they were teasing it before, Rollins would've been the worst off. It's only lately he's made himself more visible and if they were to split now, they've all made themselves out to be main event talent

A Failure
    The issue with Castors Mic was a real pity but otherwise as usual I enjoyed the show even with me off collecting bounties and crabman off in boston as you said. Sounds like the podcast crew are making themselves watch more TNA / Japanese wrestling too which makes for a more interesting show in many ways simply cos of the contrast.

TBCs last minute cameo was funny tho, and deserves the meme :D

A Failure
    It was unfortunate alright. It's tough for a new guy to come in as well when the rest of us are pretty established and comfortable talking with each other. The sound issues(sounded alright to me on skype, didn't think it was that bad tbh) didnt help.

Oh well, i'd be happy for him to come back in the future all the same.

The invitation to gnfrhead is still open though :pac::pac::pac:

The number of listens is way down for this cast too :( People aren't interested anymore or all the WM crowd have vanished til 2015.

A Failure
    It was unfortunate alright. It's tough for a new guy to come in as well when the rest of us are pretty established and comfortable talking with each other. The sound issues(sounded alright to me on skype, didn't think it was that bad tbh) didnt help.

The number of listens is way down for this cast too :( People aren't interested anymore or all the WM crowd have vanished til 2015.

I keep getting a playback error? Anyone else having this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

A Failure
    I'll be listening to it anyway, just haven't got round to it yet.

A Failure

I knew you shouldn't have said I was on. :)

I'll blame the mike though I'm sure it's really the accent.

The whole thing with gnfrhead reminds me of the Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon thing

A Failure
    I keep getting a playback error? Anyone else having this?

Fine for me, I can try and upload it again if it's still an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Any chance of getting it onto iTunes? Not sure how that process works but find mixcloud a bit of a pain to stream on my phone (first world problems).

A Failure
    it also went up a day later this time so maybe its not down too much but last time was the post mania show and the one before that (pre mania obviously) was after delays recording so it had extra in thread promotion etc

But whatever when im back I just like talking wrestling with folk and dont care how many are listening although I do think its a thing that could improve as we go on so hopefully more begin to give it a chance as we know a few episodes have had minor technical issues etc. and who knows maybe in the future we will have non boards guests (though ill be honest, I wont be able to organize that methinks) like the old podcast did occasionally.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    Any chance of getting it onto iTunes? Not sure how that process works but find mixcloud a bit of a pain to stream on my phone (first world problems).

I'll look into it.

And yeah, BH. Honestly you could turn off the recording and i'd still spend the evening talking wrestling.

Advertisement