Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    Recorded and should be uploaded soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    yep another show up, and again the bits asked for on here were mentioned so ask away for future shows too

MM what was the poll we mentioned, I can edit it into this thread now whynot

Hashtag was added to the team today and we actually had 5 but it wasnt any worse for it and imo was probably slightly better than last time in terms of natural flow etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    'Twas the HHH one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    Had a fantastic time lads. Can't wait for the next show.

A Failure
    Big thanks to Hashtag_HEEL for coming on this week and of course BH, TBC and MrK. Really enjoyed that and I think it was a step up from last week.

We plan to record again in 2 weeks. If you're interested in appearing on it please let me know and we will work something out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If there isnt another ROH story at the end, go back and record one :pac:

A Failure
    'Twas the HHH one

Poll is posted

the same question was answered on the podcast if you want our opinion folks, there is no middle ground though so if you think he has been a slight / marginal success vote accordingly and if he has been even a partial failure so far in your eyes again vote failure. You may be surprised with our opinons but yours will be available to view in 13 days (next podcast is planned for 2 weeks from now!)

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If there isnt another ROH story at the end, go back and record one :pac:

There is, hard to top the Bourne one but im sure you in particular will find this an interesting listen man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

listened to the first one and even though it started a bit jittery, it became a good listen once you got motoring.

One criticism is that I personally think that 4 voices is too much, and I'm guessing that with Hastag Hell on this week, there is now 5 voices.

My two cents is that you could possibly do a rotating cast and have a max of 3 people each show to keep it fresh and easy to follow.

Other than that, good job and looking forward to hearing the 2nd one.

A Failure
    listened to the first one and even though it started a bit jittery, it became a good listen once you got motoring.

One criticism is that I personally think that 4 voices is too much, and I'm guessing that with Hastag Hell on this week, there is now 5 voices.

My two cents is that you could possibly do a rotating cast and have a max of 3 people each show to keep it fresh and easy to follow.

Other than that, good job and looking forward to hearing the 2nd one.

Yeah we did talk about this and we decided to see how it went.

Personally i'm happy with it. Conversation flowed naturally, wasn't too many cases of talking across each other(unavoidable in this medium) and everyone got plenty of speaking time.

For me this hosting malarky is something i've never done before and kind of figuring out as I go along but I plan on really pushing forward and making this podcast something everyone looks forward to.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words though.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    I think a around 5 is a decent number for this podcast. Ideally you want a good mix of opinion and banter and I think it strikes well with this show. Obviously there'll be some talking over people but everyone was such a gent and waited for each other to finish. I don't know what numbers will be like going forward after episode two but all I can say is that I hope to give my two cents whenever I can. Really had fun recording tonight!

A Failure
    Yeah the thing about the numbers is that now at least we have a decent sized group that if anyone can't do it we can def get by although of course Mark is the exception as he has access to the studio being used. For example I was originally saying that I wouldn't mind rotating and stepping out this time to give hashtag a run at it but we ended up going with all 5 of us as until the last moment we weren't sure if the Birthday boy was capable of doing it after a few too many buckfasts the night before but at least among ourselves the general consensus seems to be that it was at least as smooth running as when we had 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I think a around 5 is a decent number for this podcast. Ideally you want a good mix of opinion and banter and I think it strikes well with this show. Obviously there'll be some talking over people but everyone was such a gent and waited for each other to finish. I don't know what numbers will be like going forward after episode two but all I can say is that I hope to give my two cents whenever I can. Really had fun recording tonight!

I wasn't having a go regarding speaking over each other as it didn't really happen in the 1st one as it was well moderated by MM.

I personally just feel that you get to know the podcasters better if they have more time to speak.

A permanent moderator with a rotating roster is what I was suggesting.

Too many opinions is too many in my opinion ;)

A Failure
    Listening back now and really enjoying it!
    Just thought now I'm gonna read all of Bounty hunters draft promos in his voice now. Used to hear an Irish Dog the bounty hunter!

A Failure
    Listening back now and really enjoying it!
    Just thought now I'm gonna read all of Bounty hunters draft promos in his voice now. Used to hear an Irish Dog the bounty hunter!

ha! never been a fan of my voice cos ive heard it on a whole load of stuff in the past having done media production and some voiceover stuff before (not for anything serious, just on a show i worked on a long time ago) but then again I think everyone feels that way, think we are actually quite lucky though that we have quite a few different Irish accents so we do sound a bit different to each other.

A Failure
    I can't stand the sound of my own voice when it's recorded. Cringing at mine now. Enjoying the show still though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    Oooh, shots fired. :)

First time really listening to the podcast. Will tale a while to get used to everyone's voice, but I enjoyed it.

As for the 6 man tag and whether it was an elimination match, maybe that was the plan but then they wanted to do the disappearing Ambrose bit.

Fcuk the lot of you :pac:

I was curious if anyone would get anywhere close to my name, considering a lot don't even spell it right. Not even close :p not a single word, it's all separate letters for gnfnr. Now I will never be mentioned again!

For the six man tag at EC, I thought it was supposed to be elimination. It was definitely advertised as such as I remember wondering who was going to take the final fall, Reigns or Wyatt.

There was something else, but I'm after forgetting what it was :(

Personally, I think this week was better than the first one. I think they will continue to get better too as you all get more used to it and to each other.

For all the abuse I got, I'm requesting you all watch Lockdown next weekend and review it fully on the next show. That'll teach you to talk bad about my wifey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I always guessed your name was guns n f'n roses head?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Me too. Not everyone's an 80s rock fan (Although they should be!)

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I always guessed your name was guns n f'n roses head?
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Me too. Not everyone's an 80s rock fan (Although they should be!)

These two should be on the next one! :D

A Failure
    Next cast will be in about 2 weeks.

I've already invited beakerjoe to join us for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Enjoyable and will only improve with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

A Failure
    I was really enjoying it but then yis started insulting AJ :mad:

I was really enjoying it but then yis started insulting AJ :mad:

Jealous that she is all mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just finished listening, thought it was pretty good, enjoyed it. Needs more ''drink a beer for the workin' man'' or something about gimmicks called bills in the mail. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Good job lads. Didn't hear the first one but was pleasantly surprised by it. It's a bit hard to distinguish the who's who at points, other than Moneymaker, but that takes a bit of time..

Got less PG as it went on.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    I'm the one that says **** a lot :P

• Advertisement

For the next one, on top of the Lockdown review for being mean to my wifey :p

Who would you sign for Jarrett's promotion (assuming it happens soon) and who would you push as the top guy? For the first part, I dont mean a full roster, but you can do that if you like. Just a few names to be the spine of the company.

Advertisement