Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dont worry, I've got a theme picked out that everyone should be happy with ;P

Editing this makes me realise how often I say "um....eh....um...."

EDIT:
    Damn it. Just noticed that about an hour ago, Audacity applied a "Fade in" effect to the entire podcast, throwing off a load of sound levels. It's not a massive deal; I just had to undo everything I've spent the last hour on. It will be up tonight, but it will be tonight....

Episode two is now live.

TeamShadowclan, CMPunked, Hashtag_Heel and MitchKoobski talk about the upcoming 1000th episode of Raw, as well as talk about the results of the poll to determine the best and worst moments in Raw history.

http://teamshadowclan.podbean.com/

The results of the poll for Best and Worst moments were as followed....

=========================================

spoiler+warning.jpg

Top Three

3. Draw:
    Mick Foley wins the WWE Title; WCW shoot themselves in the foot.
    Stone Cold sprays Vince McMahon and co. win Beer

Chris Jericho debuts in WWE

Vince McMahon buys WCW; End of the Monday Night Wars

Worst Three

Hornswoggle is Vince McMahon's Son

2. Draw
    Rosie O'Donald vs Donald Trump
    Mae Young gives birth to Mark Henry's Hand

Katie Vick

Thanks to all who voted and thanks to all who choose to listen to the podcast. As usual, all feedback is appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    Here's to the future Episode Three!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    That was a good fun listen, think every vote i had made the lists too and even some of the things ive said recently such as forgetting about DX invading WCW until voting and even Michael Cole as a potential GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Enjoyed taking part, even if I did talk a bit much :p.

In the pub atm so can't listen, but I will at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

A Failure
    More Mitch Koobski I say!

Funny hearing you disagree with my 2/3 worst moments :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great stuff lads. I whipped up some artwork for it :)

sheamus500x500.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Funny show and I know it was 2 hours but I thought you short changed the more modern stuff like Nexus's debut, Punk's pipe bomb, Bret Hart's return to Raw and the Flair tribute Raw. :p

For a bunch of Attitude Era lovers you totally missed Austin-Tyson. Which I think was the only angle I ever saw on Euro News.

^^^ Flaked out on voting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Must download this on monday, suprised Vince buying wcw was the best moment. Then again I can't complain I never voted, kept putting it off then it was too late to vote.

rovert wrote: »
    Funny show and I know it was 2 hours but I thought you short changed the more modern stuff like Nexus's debut, Punk's pipe bomb, Bret Hart's return to Raw and the Flair tribute Raw. :p

For a bunch of Attitude Era lovers you totally missed Austin-Tyson. Which I think was the only angle I ever saw on Euro News.

Forgot about that, and so did everyone that voted tbh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Kicking meself I didn't think of it now...but I suppose a lot of our choices were based on our memories. Be a while before Punk's promo becomes a memory gone by, it was only a year ago. Definitely one of the biggest moments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think we just left the discussion solely to what other boardsies voted for and what got more than just a single vote.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

For a bunch of Attitude Era lovers you totally missed Austin-Tyson.

Only one of my picks made it to the podcast :(

But here they are :D

Top RAW moments :

4. Chris Jericho's arrival - RAW June 1999
    3. The Rock challenges Hulk Hogan to a match at WrestleMania X8 - RAW February 2002
    2. Shane McMahon announces he's bought WCW - RAW/Nitro Simulcast, March 2001
    1. Stone Cold/Mike Tyson confrontation - RAW March 1998

Worst RAW moments :
    3. JR is beaten and made kiss Vince McMahon's ass in Oklahoma - RAW, November 2001
    2. Randy Orton says Eddie Guerrero's in hell - RAW, January 2006
    1. Melanie Pillman Exploitation Interview the night after Brian Pillman's death - RAW, October 1997

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

A Failure
    Shot myself in the foot by not voting, but those results are kinda disappointing. The end of the Monday Night Wars meant the end of a golden era in Pro Wrestling and spelt the end of any competition for Vince, ok so 2000 and 2001 were terrible years for WCW but they could have turned it around, Vince buying and killing WCW was not a good moment. Sure it made for essential TV viewing and the forthcoming Invasion angle had it's awesome moments but it was essentially car-crash viewing in that something bad was happening but you couldn't look away and that didn't leave me with any satisfied viewing feeling.

Jericho's debut was a special moment, but the Nexus debut surpassed it in every way possible; it was far more entertaining, had more shock value, more re-watch value (had everyone re-watching all week), it was just all-round possibly the best debut ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

A Failure
    Anyway my top 3 would be-

1. Shawn Michaels heel promo in Montreal, Canada - August 2005

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin returns to save the WWF from the Invasion - July 2001

3. Nexus debut, beat up John Cena and destroy ringside area - June 2010

Really enjoyed that, pity it wasn't a bit longer but fair play for making the time to do it.

How long is too long for a podcast as such?

My attitude is, starting out, it shouldn't be too long. Tbh, I was worried it was a bit long at 35 minutes, and was tempted to split it into two parts (Top/Worst moments + Raw 1000 discussion). I think if it's too long, alot of people won't give it a chance; I know from the comments Jay was getting about his videos over on the Botchamania site, people can be put off by long run-times. The hope would be (at least for me) that you build up a fanbase and then you build up the run times....

• Advertisement

Probably makes sense to start it with that length alrite, did enjoy it so I am hoping for another for the Survivor Series or the Rumble. Liked the format being built around the voting of Raw moments.

A Failure
    Here's to the future Episode Three!

Just listened back to episode 2 yesterday/read TSC's post in the nomination thread and realised that 2012 is almost over and it would be a great opportunity to resurrect the PaaadCast with
    THE PW Boards Awards 2012! (Not the Poster awards :pac:)
    The basic format would be like the RAW 1000 show where people vote on on categories (Superstar of the year, match of the year, Breakout star...)
    What do you guys think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Just listened back to episode 2 yesterday/read TSC's post in the nomination thread and realised that 2012 is almost over and it would be a great opportunity to resurrect the PaaadCast with
    The basic format would be like the RAW 1000 show where people vote on on categories (Superstar of the year, match of the year, Breakout star...)
    What do you guys think?
    Do the poster awards as well for the craic!

What do you guys think?

Love it!

A Failure
    Do the poster awards as well for the craic!

The Big reveal! ;)

What do you guys think?

I think you just posted something I was going to suggest a few days before TLC when I start gathering the results :P

A Failure
    What date were you thinking of for the 'cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    Yes, i'm told boards once had one many moons ago.

So I want to bring it back.

Myself and the dear bostoncrab, who has very kindly offered to host it, will be the hosts.

We haven't sorted when we'll record it but will be keeping you posted.

I am thinking 2 regulars + one guest from the forum each week.

I've pm'd a few people but the lazy sods haven't replied yet :pac:

Any suggestions or interest is most welcome!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    Only seing this now and like the idea, the previous one was always a good listen. Could be difficult to make it a weekly thing but it would be cool to have a few boardsies at least previewing each upcoming PPV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    Once we get into a habit of doing it the. A weekly show should be very doable, the original one we did went weekly for quite some time.

After a few weeks be trying to get guest interviews on it again. For those that weren't around our previous guests were Gabe Sapolsky, Colt Cabana, Mick Foley, Eddie Edwards and Jimmy Jacobs

Advertisement