Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm in anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE+Raw+1000th+Episode+Poster.jpg

Thanks to Jay for giving me the go ahead on making this a new and separate topic.

Over in the podcast topic, I asked people to PM me if they wanted to have something read on the upcoming PW Boards Podcast with regards their favorite moments in Raw history. So far, we've got.....0 messages. :pac: So yeah, I thought it might be a good idea to change things up.

I realise not everyone might care about the podcast, or invest time in submitting things/have things read out and discussed. So instead of sending in paragraphs or the likes to read out, I thought we'd do something a bit more general. I thought a topic like this would probably pop up sooner or later anyway, so here's what I was thinking.
    To vote for the best and worst moments in the entire history of Monday Night Raw, PM me your top three favorite and hated moments of the show.

Doesn't have to be a big write up, doesn't have to be anything person. Just a list. Top three. Bottom three. I'll count the votes on Tuesday afternoon and we'll announce the results at the weekend before the big episode airs. I'll post the results in written format (with spoiler warnings) for people who want to read and discuss the poll results without bothering with the podcast (but it will be awesome, so you should listen :pac:). Probably try and link Youtube video links as well.

And we'll discuss it in the podcast as well. But this way, if you aren't interested in the podcast, there's still a forum for you to discuss and remember/lament on the best moments of Raw...
    (Closing date/Vote count will take place Tuesday afternoon)

Is that more attractive of a proposition to people?

Also, if people have any other ideas for the 1000th show and celebration ideas, I'm up for helping in any way I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    Just wondering where would this be recorded, what time would this be recorded and roughly how long will it be?

Sorry for so many questions only my appearance depends on the answers!

We record over Skype (I know face to face would be good (see Jay's videos) but that's not possible on a larger scale for us). Time will depend on what time suits everyone (I'll PM people tomorrow to check) and lenght is how long we talk for and is thus adjustable to suit.

Also, for people who didn't see it;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056701454

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    a thread like this needs replies to keep interest up / get interest going so maybe a link like this might help peoples minds when thinking on this topic.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/listthis/greatrawmoments

some oddly evaded my mind prior to reading this, embarrassingly so in some cases for instance DX invading WCW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Couple things springs to mind,

Eric Bischoff making his WWE debut,
    announcement of the brand split
    the limo explosing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sent mine in :)

A Failure
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    sent mine in :)

same here, found the worst moments harder though as they aren't type of moments I want to remember usually and can be a blur of just terrible angles, like Katie Vick or Mizarks baby hand

some oddly evaded my mind prior to reading this, embarrassingly so in some cases for instance DX invading WCW

The nature of 1000th episodes, over 2000 hours of material, is that it's impossible to remember them all.

That said, I've got my top three best and worst moments picked out already :P

I've mine picked. :D
    Want me to save 'em for the podcast for send 'em to ya?

• Advertisement

Nah, PM them to me now, so I can compile it into a final results list. Of course we'll be talking about ones which didn't make the top 3 as well :P

That said, I can already see one or two running away with this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Favourite moment is stone cold and triple h feuding with undertaker and Kane (the power trip v the brothers of destruction) and Austin gettin glass in his eye and him and triple h getting into the ambulance and undertaker turning out to be the driver, I can still remember it like it was yesterday, as undertaker turned around and said two words me and my brother still say to each other "hello boys"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Worst moments for me are Mae Young's hand birth and Hornswoggle being McMahon's bastard son.

EDIT Jesus, just thinking of Mark Henry having to go through that entire angle, the man deserved every last bit of his title run for that alone. :P

We are recording at 4, so we'll be closing the voting around three. Thats not to say, of course, we can't still discuss said moments in this topic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

A Failure
    Katie Vick and the Baby Punt by snitsky come to mind for worst Raw moments :pac:

I love that there's two moments that have cropped up in both the Best AND Worst moments in Raw history :P

That was great craic :D

"I've got me eye on you!"

XD

(*will make sense on Friday*)

Thanks to Mitch, Hashtag and Punked for recording that. Good fun. I'll edit it together and have it up Friday morning hopefully, so people can listen to it over the weekend before the 1000th Raw airs.

And thanks to everyone who PMed me votes. The list was brilliant and offered plenty of topics. :)

Cool, really looking forward to hearing it :)

Hey boyos, how's the editing coming along? Any idea when it'll be ready to listen to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hey boyos, how's the editing coming along? Any idea when it'll be ready to listen to?

Ah now Jay, you can't rush genius. :pac:

I think you're gonna like this one. Bit more personal nostalgia and banter than cold hard facts and that.

TSC is on editing duties, seem to remember him saying something about friday morning.

I've got three of the four audio streams sync'd up. Didn't have to spend a fraction of the time cleaning up the audio this time. There's a few clips I want to edit in though so sometime tomorrow is what I'm aiming for.

Cool, i'd be more interested in personal anecdotes and the like rather than reading out results etc.

Luas ride to Tallaght hospital is an hour each way so i'm v happy for new podcasts :)

I think 905 of the thing ended up being personal anecdotes lol

Cool, i'd be more interested in personal anecdotes and the like rather than reading out results etc.

It certainly was more of a "Where were you/what did you think" of moments kind of chat.

I think 905 of the thing ended up being personal anecdotes lol

I mean to say "most" of the thing, how the **** did I manage to type 905?

A Failure
    I mean to say "most" of the thing, how the **** did I manage to type 905?

905 = 90% minus the shift key

actually quite looking forward to hearing a boards PW podcast again, has been a while. Was considering trying to get involved myself as oddly time differences werent a major problem before (though oddly my podcast appearance always coincided with technical difficulties meaning we never made the airways :D ) but I think ill prefer hearing you lads anywhoo.

Right, have the files all sync'd. Need to up Heel's volume a bit and lower mine, edit out a few bloopers and then edit in an opening theme and one or two soundbytes. :) Should be ready tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Advertisement