Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

nickidd wrote: »
    Hi, I am waiting on interview results, it seemed to go well enough (hard to say), I'm just wondering if age could be a factor? I'm 47, has anyone here around this age been successful? Thanks!

Yes and i'm older, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 k8coconut

Just so you kniw I'm referring to the CO 2014 campaign! Two and a half years on! I don't know where that thread is gone I seem to be on the 2016 thread now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Got placed in the 500s for Dublin, grad EO panel (2016). Any hope or nah?!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gezz36

Wondering how far the 2014 panel got for Longford/Sligo? Anybody get placed in the last couple of months?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

I was 208 on the 2014 sligo/leitrim/longford panel, heard early august i was being placed, garda vetting took months & i finally started 2 weeks ago. i imagine panel is closed now. I'd also say the 2016 panel will be lower numbers being placed as counties are split individually not 3 together like last time & they took on quite a few from 2014 panel so there may be less jobs to fill now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gezz36

littlemrs wrote: »
    I was 208 on the 2014 sligo/leitrim/longford panel, heard early august i was being placed, garda vetting took months & i finally started 2 weeks ago. i imagine panel is closed now. I'd also say the 2016 panel will be lower numbers being placed as counties are split individually not 3 together like last time & they took on quite a few from 2014 panel so there may be less jobs to fill now.

Congrats littlemrs, thats great you got started!! I am hoping Longford will have a few vacancies with talk of garda stations taking in more clerical officers and we have the prison service as well. Maybe lots of retirements coming up too, fingers crossed. Good luck with the new position...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 snuffysshop

I just got offered revenue, I have five years in the hse, does anyone know if il get my increments for the hse

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Further to your completion of the Stage 2 supervised tests in respect of your candidature for the above campaign, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard.

Batch 5- Place: 130

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE ABOVE MEANS ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭TheDavester

chopperp wrote: »
    Further to your completion of the Stage 2 supervised tests in respect of your candidature for the above campaign, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard.

Batch 5- Place: 130

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE ABOVE MEANS ?????

Basically they'll call your name/number when they reach it- I'm batch 1 cork -110 - ring Them if you've an enquiry / they told me they called up first 60 in cork and just wait till they reach you

who do I call ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭TheDavester

who do I call ?

There's a number or even an email on one of the mails they sent out which says about any enquiries give this a call - mail- they respond to mail quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I just got offered revenue, I have five years in the hse, does anyone know if il get my increments for the hse

What grade on HSE?
    If CO then yes you should get incremental credit and start either on increment you're on or +1....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

You will have 5 - 3 = 2 years of increments.

I have had first hand experience of your situation. Going from Public to Civil Service means a (3) year reduction on your increments. Put dont think about the drop promotion prospects are 100x that of the HSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

for the 2014 campaigners :-)
    I know ye are all withered from the long haul but I never see Clare or Limerick mentioned much
    Does anyone know how many got placed in those regions on 2014 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Does anyone know when the 2014 panel will be retired? I would imagine it will be quite soon giving that the 2016 panel has started placements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the 2014 panel will be retired? I would imagine it will be quite soon giving that the 2016 panel has started placements?

As soon as 2016 candidates pass interviews in a given region I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Effie10

Can anyone confirm what number they reached on the Meath panel? I have a little dilemma, just been offered a place in Dublin but would love Meath I'm number 34 on the panel 2016. What do you think my chances are?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There's a number or even an email on one of the mails they sent out which says about any enquiries give this a call - mail- they respond to mail quick enough

There is no number or e-mail address to contact

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

There is no number or e-mail address to contact

Public Appointments Service,
    Chapter House,
    26/30 Upper Abbey Street,
    Dublin 1
    Opening Hours: 9.15 am -5.15pm

Phone
    Lo-Call: 1890-449999
    Tel: +353-1-8587400

Email: info@publicjobs.ie

thanks Alf66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

Does anyone know how many people were hired in Limerick from this panel please?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

shinnyg wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many people were hired in Limerick from this panel please?
    According to a report from last april 193 places were filled between tip and Limerick with 9 outstanding. Since new campaign I think it's 32 places filled in Limerick and for tip they have only just called the first 42 to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

Thanks just thought it might give me an idea of if I can expect to get placed from the 2016 panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

Redcat75 wrote: »
    According to a report from last april 193 places were filled between tip and Limerick with 9 outstanding. Since new campaign I think it's 32 places filled in Limerick and for tip they have only just called the first 42 to interview
    Hi Redcat would you know how many places were filled in Clare region in the last campaign pls and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crowbella

So I just got called to say they are putting me through clearance for Donegal from the 2014 panel.... thought this panel had finished so there is still hope people ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭doc22

^^Congratulations but for people on the 2016 competition thats a real kick in the teeth. Were is it? Buncranna

doc22 wrote: »
    ^^Congratulations but for people on the 2016 competition thats a real kick in the teeth. Were is it? Buncranna

No surprisingly not... HSE Donegal town thought all was Buncranna... but I am not complaining. .. just have to see now how long the clearance will take as I only emailed them with references this morning ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭doc22

Are you from South Donegal? perhaps thats why they didn't bring the 2016 panel to interview for it.

• Advertisement

doc22 wrote: »
    Are you from South Donegal? perhaps thats why they didn't bring the 2016 panel to interview for it.

Yes I am South Donegal if I was offered Buncranna would have unfortunately had to have turned it down. It's rough to be successful on the 2014 panel and pass interview and then not get placed so I am delighted. I would say the HSE are filling now from this panel before the new panel kicks in I think. ☺ fingers crossed that things might be moving again now for Donegal in general ☺

Advertisement