Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭newstarts

k8coconut wrote: »
    That's brill news! Congrats ! I didn't think of them either, a friend got HSE back in June. Is it 6 weeks since you got phone call about clearance? Go celebrate !

Only got call 26th august to say I was in clearance so v v v quick

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

omg, the waiting is a killer. I'm 5 weeks into clearance for a Dept of justice/Garda station role. anyone have any experience of this, how long were you waiting between hearing you went into clearance & your start date? Dept of justice clearance takes much longer than normal clearance. would just to be able to get organized & know when I might start! TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Email sent around today for public service aptitude tests for dublin

Mrsec wrote: »
    Just wondering can anyone give me advice: I'm currently a TCO and the dept. I'm in at the min have put in a request to have my stay extended, does anyone know how long this process can take or if it will even be successful.

I was a tco before and generally when your contract is up it is up, unless it is an openended contract? I've never heard of anyone getting theirs extended, unless perhaps they were covering a maternity and the person took further leave or went off sick or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

littlemrs wrote: »
    omg, the waiting is a killer. I'm 5 weeks into clearance for a Dept of justice/Garda station role. anyone have any experience of this, how long were you waiting between hearing you went into clearance & your start date? Dept of justice clearance takes much longer than normal clearance. would just to be able to get organized & know when I might start! TIA

Hi, I am also going to garda station. Got letter at start of August re vetting. Got a call last friday re references and got my letter today offering me position. Contract to be sent out now. I suppose it also depends on area and vacancies.

• Advertisement

bebie wrote: »
    Hi, I am also going to garda station. Got letter at start of August re vetting. Got a call last friday re references and got my letter today offering me position. Contract to be sent out now. I suppose it also depends on area and vacancies.

so vetting started for you at the start of August, or had they already started getting before this?

Yes vetting started at start August.

great, thank you, mine started August 4th so hopefully not long to wait now so. When is your start date?

littlemrs wrote: »
    great, thank you, mine started August 4th so hopefully not long to wait now so. When is your start date?

I asked for a months time as I can't start before then. Fingers crossed you hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

Has anyone applied for paso 3 in irish prison service. Does anyone know when results from interview will be out and where positions are outside dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Arcanist01

Hi all.

I passed the clerical positions tests and the interview. Got the information some 4-5 days ago that I qualified. Can anyone give me a rough estimate how long is the wait? Are we talking about days, weeks or months? I qualified with the first tests under 150, the second time under 100.

Thank you for any and all tips/advice. :)

Cheers!

just out of interest, what is the longest anyone has been waiting on Garda getting/clearance, I'm waiting 7 weeks, anyone waited longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 k8coconut

It's 3 weeks since I got the phone call that I was in clearance, I'm expecting be another 3 waiting, they said roughly 6 weeks. The waiting seems forever. What region are you in for? Hope you get called soon....

k8coconut wrote: »
    It's 3 weeks since I got the phone call that I was in clearance, I'm expecting be another 3 waiting, they said roughly 6 weeks. The waiting seems forever. What region are you in for? Hope you get called soon....

Leitrim Longford Sligo, how bout you?

Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crowbella

Any movement on Donegal recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

crowbella wrote: »
    Any movement on Donegal recently?

2014 panel? what number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crowbella

I'm placed at 108 and I know they are close..... just not sure how close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Are they still hiring off this panel? Some in 2016 panel are in clearence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paulac1980

I am in clearance for Waterford and I was on the 2014 panel��

• Advertisement

I am in clearance for Waterford and I was on the 2014 panel😊

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

paulac1980 wrote: »
    I am in clearance for Waterford and I was on the 2014 panel😊

What number were you do you mind me asking? I'm on the 2016 panel and wondering if I've a hope of getting a Job from it

I think I was around 164 for wexford/Waterford on the 2014 panel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

paulac1980 wrote: »
    I think I was around 164 for wexford/Waterford on the 2014 panel.

Thanks! Here's hoping the 2016 panel reaches as far!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Hi just wondering did any one one that was offered garda stations take it and start and if so how did they find it. Thanks in advance :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nickidd

Hi, I am waiting on interview results, it seemed to go well enough (hard to say), I'm just wondering if age could be a factor? I'm 47, has anyone here around this age been successful? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

nickidd wrote: »
    Hi, I am waiting on interview results, it seemed to go well enough (hard to say), I'm just wondering if age could be a factor? I'm 47, has anyone here around this age been successful? Thanks!

Age has no relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

nickidd wrote: »

It makes NO DIFFERENCE

Best of luck!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

I'm waiting on interview results and just got an email to fill in Garda vetting on-line. Is anyone else in the same position and does anyone think this might be a good sign?

• Advertisement

I'm now on week 11 waiting for Garda vetting! What is taking this long? Looking more like 2017 when I will be placed!

Advertisement