Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

denmar wrote: »
    Oh dear I was 108

Maybe location is a factor - what location or department did u get

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭newstarts

Don't know yet ...did u ring them they are v helpful..u could be in clearance as well

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Hello all, I am looking for some advice. I received a call from pas saying my number has been assigned and that they were beginning garda vetting and ref checks for the 2014 panel. I am due to go to dublin for 2016 tests this week.
    Do ye think it is necessary to go to these tests are is the position guaranteed pending checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

tomglsn wrote: »
    Hello all, I am looking for some advice. I received a call from pas saying my number has been assigned and that they were beginning garda vetting and ref checks for the 2014 panel. I am due to go to dublin for 2016 tests this week.
    Do ye think it is necessary to go to these tests are is the position guaranteed pending checks?

I was told that it's a guaranteed job by a couple of PAS staff but one of them said there was no guarantee. No harm sitting stage 2 just in case.

Did you contact PAS

• Advertisement

newstarts wrote: »
    Did you contact PAS

Yea I did and was told that there haven't been any requests from Kerry for staff - I think there probably are positions but they may be holding tough for the new panel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

tomglsn wrote: »

I would just go and do the test. Prepare for worst hope for best. No point knocking yourself out of a competition and then find you didn't get an offer in the 2014 panel

Yea I did and was told that there haven't been any requests from Kerry for staff - I think there probably are positions but they may be holding tough for the new panel

That makes no sense..I was told I wouldn't be.in clears unless there was a vancancy there and that id get assignment details once reference checks came back????

That makes no sense..I was told I wouldn't be.in clears unless there was a vancancy there and that id get assignment details once reference checks came back????

Have u applied for 2016 campaign - they told me to go ahead with stage 2 as no guarantee of a place. I'm fed up with it

Have u applied for 2016 campaign - they told me to go ahead with stage 2 as no guarantee of a place. I'm fed up with it

No I.didnt I missed it..seriously fed up too..its a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 k8coconut

Hey new starts I'm away on hols, got missed call last Friday and they rang again today, I'm in clearance -and ref checks, it will take about 6 weeks - hoping this is good news at last. I haven't heard anything about stage 2 of 2016 ... Keep u posted

k8coconut wrote: »
    Hey new starts I'm away on hols, got missed call last Friday and they rang again today, I'm in clearance -and ref checks, it will take about 6 weeks - hoping this is good news at last. I haven't heard anything about stage 2 of 2016 ... Keep u posted

Wohoooo mighty stuff..I asked was job offer imminent and.told.u wouldn't.be in clearance otherwise...where ideally wiuld.suit u

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paulac1980

Hi, wondering if anyone can help, had my interview on Monday and got email saying I passed yesterday and they will be in touch with clearance, it's for waterford/wexford region and I was placed 164, you think I stand a chance of placement? I know the panel is almost finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

paulac1980 wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone can help, had my interview on Monday and got email saying I passed yesterday and they will be in touch with clearance, it's for waterford/wexford region and I was placed 164, you think I stand a chance of placement? I know the panel is almost finished.

Don't give up yet. I received an offer for Waterford about seven weeks ago and I was number 132. Presumably there were a few offers after my number so they might be closer to your number than you think.

egan2020 wrote: »
    Don't give up yet. I received an offer for Waterford about seven weeks ago and I was number 132. Presumably there were a few offers after my number so they might be closer to your number than you think.

Really?? Awh that's given some hope anyway, thanks a mill, thought they'd never get near my number tbh😊

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

paulac1980 wrote: »
    Really?? Awh that's given some hope anyway, thanks a mill, thought they'd never get near my number tbh😊

Just give them a ring and ask them what number they are up to as regards placements and that will give you a much better idea of where you stand.

egan2020 wrote: »
    Just give them a ring and ask them what number they are up to as regards placements and that will give you a much better idea of where you stand.

Yeah I will call them today and hopefully there's still a chance😊thanks

Wohoooo mighty stuff..I asked was job offer imminent and.told.u wouldn't.be in clearance otherwise...where ideally wiuld.suit u

Ideally Listowel Tralee or Killarney - where would suit you?
    Are you same- in clearance?
    Hopefully we will get offers soon- we might even be working same dept!!!

Ideally killarney as its the closest but a job is a job and later down the line could always request transfer! Yup in clearance my referees have received forrns to complete then I guess garda vetting etc...lol I have provisionally organized childminder too..really hope not waiting too long!!! What about urself do u have others to see to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I applied for this in limerick and Tipperary, did the online tests, placed in the 200's and 500's respectivly. Is there any chance that I'll hear anymore about it

• Advertisement

Ideally killarney as its the closest but a job is a job and later down the line could always request transfer! Yup in clearance my referees have received forrns to complete then I guess garda vetting etc...lol I have provisionally organized childminder too..really hope not waiting too long!!! What about urself do u have others to see to
    Tralee would be ideal for me but I'm willing to travel- permanent job and all that. I haven't checked with me referees as I'm still in Vancouver ! Heading home tomorrow, brilliant trip, keep in contact , I think we can pm - I did it another time. Got to sit at my own PC though for that. Best of luck and hope u get Killarney!

Tralee would be ideal for me but I'm willing to travel- permanent job and all that. I haven't checked with me referees as I'm still in Vancouver ! Heading home tomorrow, brilliant trip, keep in contact , I think we can pm - I did it another time. Got to sit at my own PC though for that. Best of luck and hope u get Killarney!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

Anyone go for interview in this campaign. I have an interview for the 2016 campaign soon.
    Any advice you could give?

yesto24 wrote: »
    Anyone go for interview in this campaign. I have an interview for the 2016 campaign soon.
    Any advice you could give?

Study the competency requirements as per additional info you woukd have received and have losds of examples of how your past experiences relate to required competency..team worker..handling difficult situations etc..the additional info given in the links are v good

U too!!! Keep me posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

Has anyone on the 2014 Galway/Clare panel been called for interview or offered a position lately??

Sorry. Haven't been on in a while. I start my position in Galway today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

Has anyone on the 2014 Galway/Clare panel been called for interview or offered a position lately??

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭SunshineKid

alocinm wrote: »

Hi, best of luck in your new job! Can I ask roughly what number were you on the panel?

U too!!! Keep me posted!

Wellllll anynews..I got legal aid board!!!!anyone have any experience of this...cant believe it really after such a long campaign!!

• Advertisement

Wellllll anynews..I got legal aid board!!!!anyone have any experience of this...cant believe it really after such a long campaign!!

That's brill news! Congrats ! I didn't think of them either, a friend got HSE back in June. Is it 6 weeks since you got phone call about clearance? Go celebrate !

Advertisement