Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options
1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The lad I was talking to said they had no bother with the hdd been changed once the warranty sticker was intact but that they would check for the original drive been put back. So I don't think any amount of smiling would get by him lol. Infai rness to him he went through it all with me I didn't have to ask him. He even said he'd swap the controller if there was any ware and tear on mine for the one in the box. He knew all about the deal so I'd say he would stick to that.

Any 500gb hdd should be grand I reckon. The capacity of the drive needs to match what the serial scans into the system as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

listermint wrote: »
    Is there a list of trade in games for the Pro Offer ? where do i find it ?

There is no definitive list. Any game that scans at the till will be accepted.

Games like fifa15 don't scan so just bring in a couple extra. You can even buy one in store and trade it in at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    There is a single player campaign in GT Sport.

I thought it was ridiculously short and not even a "campaign" in the traditional GT sense though with the game still being essentially online multiplayer?

I don't own the game btw but have come close to pulling the trigger several times only for the fact that all I want is a casual sim/arcade game I can pick up and put down as I please and I keep being told this isn't it.

It was originally very short but they've brought out a number of (free) updates to boost it up. Well worth it at the sale price.  I'd be surprised if they weren't more updates in the coming months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Any 500gb hdd should be grand I reckon. The capacity of the drive needs to match what the serial scans into the system as.

I'm sure it would and sure enough I can't find a single 500Gb here I have 250gb up to 4tb must have put the original 500gb in a laptop or something typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Dont wipe the ps4 before you bring it in. Its much quicker for them to verify its working and they'll wipe it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Dont wipe the ps4 before you bring it in. Its much quicker for them to verify its working and they'll wipe it for you.

Bah, I nipped home at lunchtime to grab the console and swing by CEX for a couple of games, wiped it there. Dropping over to tallaght after work to upgrade.

Grabbed a copy each of DA Inquisition and COD Infinite Warfare as they both have recycle prices on the Gamestop website, hopefully they'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I thought it was ridiculously short and not even a "campaign" in the traditional GT sense though with the game still being essentially online multiplayer?

I don't own the game btw but have come close to pulling the trigger several times only for the fact that all I want is a casual sim/arcade game I can pick up and put down as I please and I keep being told this isn't it.

I don't own the game either but I've heard they've added lots of single player content since launch.

Guys who've done this: I have the console, power lead, controller, HDMY cable and my 2 games. Do I need the console box or anything or is it OK as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Guys who've done this: I have the console, power lead, controller, HDMY cable and my 2 games. Do I need the console box or anything or is it OK as is?

You need a micro usb cable for the pad. No box is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Not sure about the box, I had mine in the attic, but I think you need a charger cable for your controller as well.

• Advertisement

Grand, have a few spares in the desk here. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

JimBurnley wrote: »
    It was originally very short but they've brought out a number of (free) updates to boost it up. Well worth it at the sale price.  I'd be surprised if they weren't more updates in the coming months too.
    I don't own the game either but I've heard they've added lots of single player content since launch.

Anything I see still seems to suggest the single player is still just a bit of a shallow add-on though?

Personally, I just want something like Forza 3 on the 360 with a deep campaign/career mode that you can progress in. I just don't have much interest in proper multiplayer driving sims so Driveclub seems to be generally recommended even with it being much older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Not sure about the box, I had mine in the attic, but I think you need a charger cable for your controller as well.

I flogged my old pro box on Adverts for €20 when I got the upgrade to the GOW pro. GS said they didn't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I flogged my old pro box on Adverts for €20 when I got the upgrade to the GOW pro. GS said they didn't need it.

Hang on, the cardboard box is worth money?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

superg wrote: »

Probably those pesky Snake cosplayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Skerries wrote: »

This is a free version which allows use of most game modes, including online play. However, only a limited number of playable characters are available, and Story Mode is locked. Other characters and Story Mode are available as separate downloadable content purchases.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Please use adverts.ie for selling games

superg wrote: »

If you're trading in somewhere like CEX or selling online the box would generally add a few bob to the value of the console. Can't imagine it's 20+ but might be worth that to someone. I've bought phone boxes off ebay for a tenner which let me add 20-30 to the resale value of a phone in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

10k posts. Thanks for all the savings lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pulled the trigger on Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition, Dishonored Collection and Everybody's Golf for €55 last night. Great bargains.

In anticipation of my new pro I grabbed Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, and Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition, again €55 total. Looking forward to getting stuck in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In anticipation of my new pro I grabbed Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian, and Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition, again €55 total. Looking forward to getting stuck in!

SOTC is pure beauty on the Pro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

10K posts.
    Next person with a Playstation bargain can start the next thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement