Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    My Western digital recertified hard drive arrived and its not recognised on my ps4 or xb1

Try formatting it as FAT using a PC, then plug it intoPS4 and do the whole reformat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mrcheez wrote: »
    Try formatting it as FAT using a PC, then plug it intoPS4 and do the whole reformat

This, PS4 and Xbox One can't recognise NTFS formatted drives. Reformat to ExFAT then try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

exFAT format is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I did the full reformat to exfat (it took 14 hours) and still no luck on either console. The laptop can see it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I did the full reformat to exfat (it took 14 hours) and still no luck on either console. The laptop can see it no problem
    Stupid question, but is it connected directly to the ps4 or via a docking station that has additional usb ports? I had a docking station which I could charge both controllers and additional usb ports but had to get rid and connect hdd directly to ps4 usb port to work.

• Advertisement

Jacovs wrote: »
    Stupid question, but is it connected directly to the ps4 or via a docking station that has additional usb ports? I had a docking station which I could charge both controllers and additional usb ports but had to get rid and connect hdd directly to ps4 usb port to work.

I connected it directly to the ps4 and to the xbox and it didn't work on either. Very strange

I connected it directly to the ps4 and to the xbox and it didn't work on either. Very strange

what's the model number on the box?

mrcheez wrote: »
    what's the model number on the box?

WDBYFT0020BBL-0B

WDBYFT0020BBL-0B

hmm my order doesn't have those details, but this is the model I bought:

https://www.wdc.com/en-ie/products/wd-recertified/my-book-new.html

Works with PS4

EDIT: I just checked your prev posts, did you buy a "My Passport" or a "My Book" ?

If passport, you might need to power it using a power supply, rather than just USB?

I got a my passport and it only has one strange USB connection

• Advertisement

I used a pc to format it.
    I tried both USB ports on the front of the ps4 and nothing. The drive is getting power but it's not being recognised

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

A bit of an unusual one for ye, but I was in dealz in Santry and they had some PS4 games for €5. The only two that I can remember that were worthwhile were Deus Ex and Titanfall 2. They had some other games too but nothing worth a fiver.

They had xbone one games and loads of ps3 and 360 games too, I don’t know if other dealz shops are doing games now or if it’s only their santry shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

A bit of an unusual one for ye, but I was in dealz in Santry and they had some PS4 games for €5. The only two that I can remember that were worthwhile were Deus Ex and Titanfall 2. They had some other games too but nothing worth a fiver.

They had xbone one games and loads of ps3 and 360 games too, I don’t know if other dealz shops are doing games now or if it’s only their santry shop.

It's in most Dealz just bought Tom's Clancy's The Division for €5 they had FIFA 17 Destiny 1 and a load of PS3 COD Ghosts. always worth checking your local Dealz

I think I'll get that need for speed bundle, it's too good to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I think I'll get that need for speed bundle, it's too good to pass

The deal expires tonight at 23:59. I got it anyways, 3 games with some DLC’s included for €25 is worth the risk I’d say. I liked Most Wanted and have been itching to play a racing game lately so it ticked the boxes with me.

van_beano wrote: »
    The deal expires tonight at 23:59. I got it anyways, 3 games with some DLC’s included for €25 is worth the risk I’d say. I liked Most Wanted and have been itching to play a racing game lately so it ticked the boxes with me.

Oh thanks for that I just bought it there on my phone.

Now I just need to get my hard drive working so I can download them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

van_beano wrote: »

Still deciding on this. anyone put any time in Payback over the weekend and recommend it?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Still deciding on this. anyone put any time in Payback over the weekend and recommend it?

Don't go near it, get the Crew 2 instead. It's fantastic.

Ah was only looking for something cheap. I'll catch the crew 2 when it hits sale at some point.

• Advertisement

Payback is not worth it. I bought it full price download. Deleted it within a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Payback is not worth it. I bought it full price download. Deleted it within a day or two.

Tbf, you're not just getting Payback but the other two PS4 games for €25. It is a tempting price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

NFS bundles looks like backlog fodder to me. Havent heard much good about those games in years.

Personally Project Cars is the best racing game on PS4

EoinHef wrote: »
    NFS bundles looks like backlog fodder to me. Havent heard much good about those games in years.

Personally Project Cars is the best racing game on PS4

I never got into project cars I got it at launch and it wasn't great

Decided to hold off on Payback, I'm sure it will stay popping up in shops for 20 soon, wood prefer physical to trade it once done. Hopefully there's a nice psn sale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Decided to hold off on Payback, I'm sure it will stay popping up in shops for 20 soon, wood prefer physical to trade it once done. Hopefully there's a nice psn sale today.
    There might be new Week 2 offers on the US/Canadian Mid Year PSN Sale. The Summer Sale should be starting on the Irish store on the 25th July

Nier Automata is still 21 in Argos but I just noticed CEX offer 21 cash for it so gonna get it today and see what the fuss is about. Seeing 'masterpiece' and 'deeply flawed' thrown around a lot so don't know what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like there are some indie digital games on sale on the Irish PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nier Automata is still 21 in Argos but I just noticed CEX offer 21 cash for it so gonna get it today and see what the fuss is about. Seeing 'masterpiece' and 'deeply flawed' thrown around a lot so don't know what to think.

Is the demo gone from PSN? I played a demo of it when it first came out and while it was fun, I find it hard to imagine someone calling it a masterpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

It has its quirks but I wouldn't call it deeply flawed. The original Nier maybe could be called deeply flawed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement