Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fieldog wrote: »
    I never got the Netflix email, so does that mean I'm not eligible?

Did you get an email from Sony to say you were eligible?
    If you didn't, you're not eligible.

If you did, then you will get a Netflix email within 5 days of buying PS+(4 more days for you since you got it yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you get an email from Sony to say you were eligible?
    If you didn't, you're not eligible.

If you did, then you will get a Netflix email within 5 days of buying PS+(4 more days for you since you got it yesterday).

Nope, just checked my spam and everything, normally I get all their emails...

Strange, sent them a tweet to see what's the craic with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Jacovs wrote: »
    Sorry if its been asked, any idea when this Pro deal ends? Im just back from holidays and considering it.
    Have a Deus Ex sealed copy and Doom to trade in.

I asked in st Stephens green todsy and the guy said it was running until the end of August.

I'm getting paid next Friday so I'm gonna grab it next weekend. Both st Stephens green and the square were very helpful if your looking for a decent shop and your near by after hearing some people giving out about their experience in different stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Just got my Pro there, thank you very much for sharing the info.
    The controller I traded in was on it's last legs too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lads having serious hassle setting up the pro - it won't connect to the Wi-Fi Network and it's saying the WPA password might not be correct even though it is. Getting an write message of NW-31297-2. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lads having serious hassle setting up the pro - it won't connect to the Wi-Fi Network and it's saying the WPA password might not be correct even though it is. Getting an write message of NW-31297-2. Any suggestions?

Reboot your router and retry the key again, just make sure your PW isn't case sensitive, are you using homeplugs or a VPN or anything like that on your connection?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Bargains please.
    Use other threads for issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Hopefully this pro deal will still be going when the Spiderman bundle comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hopefully this pro deal will still be going when the Spiderman bundle comes out

They are apparently doing the same deals as with the GoW console.

€50 for the console when trading a PS4 Pro and any 2 games, €180 when trading a PS4 and any 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If it is the 180 for the standard trade in, I'll bite.

+1 on press-start.com. was able a to buy 3x20 psn credit vouchers for 54 euro. Had to take a pic of my ID and attach it to their support page for the 2nd voucher but they acknowledged it and sent me the voucher code in under a minute, great service.

• Advertisement

Have PS Plus until Sep 19 but even still tempted by this deal because as you say €30 saved on Netflix and PS Plus would have be got at some time anyway

Yeah me too, must pick up 2cheap trade in games in Cex

Have PS Plus until Sep 19 but even still tempted by this deal because as you say €30 saved on Netflix and PS Plus would have be got at some time anyway

Yeah me too, must pick up 2cheap trade in games in Cex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

For those of you who like driving games, GT Sport is €19.99 (€13.99 with PS Plus) and Burnout Paradise Remastered is €14.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

sugarman wrote: »
    Yoink!

Is it good though? It'd have been a no brainer for me but the lack of a single player mode is putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

New to playstation and currently going through bloodborne

unsure on what to pick up between, no mans sky, Nioh or Horizon zero dawn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Might finally pick up Hellblade. Been meaning to for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Is it good though? It'd have been a no brainer for me but the lack of a single player mode is putting me off.
    I would also like to know this! but at €14 it is surely worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    I would also like to know this! but at €14 it is surely worth a punt.

There is a single player campaign in GT Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Mod Edit: No begging for codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey does anyone know do you need to have the original hdd in the ps4 to do the trade. I changed mine to a 1tb and don't have the original 500gb. Tried ringing local shop but no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    There is a single player campaign in GT Sport.

I thought it was ridiculously short and not even a "campaign" in the traditional GT sense though with the game still being essentially online multiplayer?

I don't own the game btw but have come close to pulling the trigger several times only for the fact that all I want is a casual sim/arcade game I can pick up and put down as I please and I keep being told this isn't it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

recyclops wrote: »
    New to playstation and currently going through bloodborne

unsure on what to pick up between, no mans sky, Nioh or Horizon zero dawn :(

3 very different games, but I'd go for horizon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hey does anyone know do you need to have the original hdd in the ps4 to do the trade. I changed mine to a 1tb and don't have the original 500gb. Tried ringing local shop but no answer.

I reckon as long as they can test it and it's working fine, it's not going to be an issue for them.

I reckon as long as they can test it and it's working fine, it's not going to be an issue for them.

Just got through to the shop there no they want the original hdd in it and if the warranty sticker at the back gets damaged they won't take it either. Nice guy that I was talking to and seem to know what he was talking about but maybe others had a different experience this was the Navan branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You do. I had a 2Tb in mine I was going to leave in to boost the trade but they said it has to be as it was originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Just got through to the shop there no they want the original hdd in it and if the warranty sticker at the back gets damaged they won't take it either. Nice guy that I was talking to and seem to know what he was talking about but maybe others had a different experience this was the Navan branch.

I'd just chance it in a different branch, say nothing and it might be fine.

Cheers lads didn't want to arrange going in with it and wiping it to be told no. Rang blanch too and yea you need the original drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Listen, the Gamestop staff don't always know what's going on. When I told the guy I was dealing with I'd have to swap the original HD back, he said he couldn't take it then as it had been modded. I had to point out that it was a feature of the PS4 to easily swap a new HD in. Go in with a smile, be pleasant and say nothing about stickers or the like once its boxed up. You never know :D

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Listen, the Gamestop staff don't always know what's going on. When I told the guy I was dealing with I'd have to swap the original HD back, he said he couldn't take it then as it had been modded. I had to point out that it was a feature of the PS4 to easily swap a new HD in. Go in with a smile, be pleasant and say nothing about stickers or the like once its boxed up. You never know :D

The lad I was talking to said they had no bother with the hdd been changed once the warranty sticker was intact but that they would check for the original drive been put back. So I don't think any amount of smiling would get by him lol. Infai rness to him he went through it all with me I didn't have to ask him. He even said he'd swap the controller if there was any ware and tear on mine for the one in the box. He knew all about the deal so I'd say he would stick to that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement