Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Can I just ask so as to be clear, to avail of the Gamestop Pro offer for €99 I need to bring the following:

A wiped, reset Ps4;
    A single controller;
    A hdmi cable;
    A USB cable for the controller;
    2 eligible games to trade in e.g. FIFA17 and Adventure Time.

Is that it?

To be pedantic you also need the power cable, but yeah that is all that is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I didnt wipe my xbox last year when I did the trade and they said it was better that way because it was quicker to test and then they wiped it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Crew 2 is already down to 36 in Argos and 35 in Smyths. That was fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The Crew 2 is already down to 36 in Argos and 35 in Smyths. That was fast.

Yeah kind of disappointed in it. Haven't played it in over a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah kind of disappointed in it. Haven't played it in over a week.

Me too. Once you do all there is, there's nothing else. No multiplayer has killed it for me. Trying to sell it on adverts and now the price is crashing. Great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Me too. Once you do all there is, there's nothing else. No multiplayer has killed it for me. Trying to sell it on adverts and now the price is crashing. Great.

I bought the gold edition from the Canadian store completely forgetting that Ubisoft sometimes lock season passes to the account that purchased it. Missed out on the preorder content and season pass exclusive cars but couldn't be bothered either way. They wouldn't have made much difference just less grinding for money for some race types.

That's one thing to be careful when buying ubisoft games on the US or Canadian stores, half the time the season pass content is unable to be shared with other users on the console.

sugarman wrote: »
    Tempted to upgrade to the PS4 Pro for €100.

How fussy are Gamestop with controllers? Ive swapped the thumbsticks on my launch controller and gave it a good clean. Works and looks ok but I completely removed the label on the back as itd went all gooey and was completely faded. Reckon id be alright?

Also reckon FIFA 16 would be accepted? I know 17 is. Have that, need another cheap game.

Not sure about the controller, as long as it looks stock it would probably be acceptable.

Fifa 16 won't be accepted. If you think a game won't be accepted check the website to see if it displays a "recycled" version for purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

FIFA 17 has a trade-in value of 10c apparently!! So I guess that makes FIFA 16 worthless.

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah they're still trying to shift new copies for €2.49 online sure!

I'll pick up something else in cex to cover it.

Cheapest accepted game in abundant supply in CEX that I could find other than FIFA17 was Dragon Age Inquisition for €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not sure about the controller, as long as it looks stock it would probably be acceptable.

Fifa 16 won't be accepted. If you think a game won't be accepted check the website to see if it displays a "recycled" version for purchase.

And if it does your good?

Bout to head up to blanchardstown store,just reinstalling the system OS onto the original 500gb HDD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is there a list of trade in games for the Pro Offer ? where do i find it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Destiny 1 has a trade in value of 50c
    The division has a trade in value if €2.50.

Was on to game stop in the square tallaght you can get the limited edition god of war pro bundle with another game when you trade in a ps4 with two games and €180.

She said they are also going to have a similar deal on the superman one coming out.

Lady in the phone was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any chance of a separate thread for the GameStop deal?

Any chance of a separate thread for the GameStop deal?

May as well make a new thread everytime a deal comes up so..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

SeanHarty wrote: »

Was on to game stop in the square tallaght you can get the limited edition god of war pro bundle with another game when you trade in a ps4 with two games and €180.

She said they are also going to have a similar deal on the superman one coming out.

So is it just games with trade in value two of them and that's it , I presume

listermint wrote: »
    SeanHarty wrote: »

So is it just games with trade in value two of them and that's it , I presume

Yeah any two games that have a scan value, then the ps4, power cable, HDMI, controller and charging cable along with €99euro for a standard pro or €180 for the god of war or Spider-Man bundle when it's out

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Any links for cheaper than €60 for 1 year plus subscription lads?

Any links for cheaper than €60 for 1 year plus subscription lads?

http://www.press-start.com

12 months Irish psn subs are €48, if they have stock.

www.press-start.com

12 months Irish psn subs are €48, if they have stock.

Sound, showing as 44.50 and mine is up next month.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1785-buy-key-playstation-playstation-plus-365-days-subscription-ireland/#comments

Even better, seems they've reduced the price.

• Advertisement

Just got an email about a 1 year ps plus and 3 month Netflix offer for 60. I have 4 days to redeem it. Anyone else use this and already have Netflix? Work ok? I was gonna go with the Press-Start ps plus for 45 but this bargain would save me 30 quid instead of 15 on press start.

Just got an email about a 1 year ps plus and 3 month Netflix offer for 60. I have 4 days to redeem it. Anyone else use this and already have Netflix? Work ok? I was gonna go with the Press-Start ps plus for 45 but this bargain would save me 30 quid instead of 15 on press start.

Buy psn credit on press start and use it on the Netflix offer, €63 for €70 credit between a €50 and a €20 code. You'll get your psn sub updated, 3 months of Netflix worth €33 and still have €10 credit.

Buy psn credit on press start and use it on the Netflix offer, €63 for €70 credit between a €50 and a €20 code. You'll get your psn sub updated, 3 months of Netflix worth €33 and still have €10 credit.

Ah perfect, thanks man. Think I'll go with the 3x20 credit for 54 quid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Got the PS Pro deal in GameStop this morning. Traded in Deus Ex and Hidden Agenda. Was costing €192 before the games were added and €92 after. The games had a combined trade-in of €6.90 in Cex. That's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Purchased 12 months off the store yesterday and no sign of the Netflix email, any ideas lads?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Purchased 12 months off the store yesterday and no sign of the Netflix email, any ideas lads?

Here's a link to the offer page, only valid for people who got the email though. Worth checking to see if you are eligible though.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUB12MNTFX?emcid=em-pl-147802&et_cid=em_341908&et_rid=3752118

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Sorry if its been asked, any idea when this Pro deal ends? Im just back from holidays and considering it.
    Have a Deus Ex sealed copy and Doom to trade in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fieldog wrote: »

5 days for netflix email, if eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Have PS Plus until Sep 19 but even still tempted by this deal because as you say €30 saved on Netflix and PS Plus would have be got at some time anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

F1ngers wrote: »
    5 days for netflix email, if eligible.

I never got the Netflix email, so does that mean I'm not eligible?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement