Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fortnite PS4 Pro bundle for €99.99 when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games in GameStop.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160408889725062&id=273761945061

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FowlBard109

Fortnite PS4 Pro bundle for €99.99 when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games in GameStop.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160408889725062&id=273761945061

I called my store today and he said the 2 games are from a list online. Only one I could see is this https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers which isn't really just any 2 games

I called my store today and he said the 2 games are from a list online. Only one I could see is this https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers which isn't really just any 2 games

It's any 2 games as long as they have a trade value, unfortunately GS store staff have a history of being uninformed or spreading false information.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FowlBard109

It's any 2 games as long as they have a trade value, unfortunately GS store staff have a history of being uninformed or spreading false information.

Oh nice one then. I specifically didn't go in to trade up for the pro today just because of that. Might get it sorted tomorrow so

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Is it worth upgrading to the pro?

If you’ve a 4K HDR TV, then yes, as soon as you can.

If you don’t, then only if you’re getting a new PlayStation anyway or have plans to get a 4K HDR TV at some point.

Either way, it’s a good purchase. There’s not much point in getting a slim model unless you’re on a tight budget.

martyos121 wrote: »
    If you’ve a 4K HDR TV, then yes, as soon as you can.

If you don’t, then only if you’re getting a new PlayStation anyway or have plans to get a 4K HDR TV at some point.

Either way, it’s a good purchase. There’s not much point in getting a slim model unless you’re on a tight budget.

The slim, while quieter isn't as good as the original PS4 seeing as it is lacking an optical out port.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yes if you plan on getting a PSVR and having dragons tower over you, or getting hunted by a mad homicidal redneck in RE7 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Do you have a 4K TV? If you don’t, then you’ll see very little benefit

Depends on what you have now

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Do you have a 4K TV? If you don’t, then you’ll see very little benefit
    I don't know if that's true. I have a 4K TV and a Pro, but I don't always take advantage of the increased resolution and instead prefer to boost the frame rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I was in Henry Street store in Dublin and he said that you get 200 for the old ps4 console and then 50 for each of the games on the list posted here yesterday. Don't know why they don't just clarify on the offer what games are applicable instead of hearing conflicting information from the stores.

I was in Henry Street store in Dublin and he said that you get 200 for the old ps4 console and then 50 for each of the games on the list posted here yesterday. Don't know why they don't just clarify on the offer what games are applicable instead of hearing conflicting information from the stores.

Then it's false advertising as the advert states that it is almost any 2 games, not 2 selected games.

Edit: Seems stores are varying as usual, some stores looking for games off list and other stores taking anything. Seen online people getting it with any 2 games in the Clarehall store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Edit: Seems stores are varying as usual, some stores looking for games off list and other stores taking anything. Seen online people getting it with any 2 games in the Clarehall store.

here-we-go-again-meme-4-here-we-go-again.jpg

amadablam wrote: »
    here-we-go-again-meme-4-here-we-go-again.jpg

The offer is supposed to be any 2 games, not just off the list. They pulled something similar on some Xbox offers last year.

This is a banner advert taken from the Gamestop website for the offer.

69a78e81-11bd-480f-a4eb-7b76751507cb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

The offer is supposed to be any 2 games, not just off the list. They pulled something similar on some Xbox offers last year.

This is a banner advert taken from the Gamestop website for the offer.

69a78e81-11bd-480f-a4eb-7b76751507cb.jpg

Yeah I remember when I posted about the GOW PS PRO offer on here and it was the same thing. Thats what the meme was referring to, Gamestop store inconsistency
    and not at your post in particular.

They were the same on the Xbox One controller offers too. Joke

amadablam wrote: »
    Yeah I remember when I posted about the GOW PS PRO offer on here and it was the same thing. Thats what the meme was referring to, Gamestop store inconsistency
    and not at your post in particular.

I know, had this issue with the trade any 2 Xbox One games, get an Xbox One pad for €10 offer last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Then it's false advertising as the advert states that it is almost any 2 games, not 2 selected games.

Gonna try avail of this during the week. Any idea how long the deal is in for? Couldn't find much info on their website.

Gonna have to put my old hard drive back in now.

On a separate note, it says it comes with fortnite, is this the PvE version? Or are they just throwing that graphic on the box to make it look like your getting a game with it?

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Gonna try avail of this during the week. Any idea how long the deal is in for? Couldn't find much info on their website.

Gonna have to put my old hard drive back in now.

On a separate note, it says it comes with fortnite, is this the PvE version? Or are they just throwing that graphic on the box to make it look like your getting a game with it?
    No game, just a bonus Fortnite costume and 500 V Bucks.

BONUS DIGITAL CONTENT* Included:

Royale Bomber outfit – Battle Royale mode only. Get it first on PS4™.

500 V-Bucks – in-game currency to spend on digital Fortnite content.

Cheers looking forward to seeing how good games look on a pro with a 4k tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Is it worth getting the pro for my psvr - I don't use it much as it always makes me feel a bit sick - would it make any difference to the graphics on driveclub vr - I got it day one so maybe other driving games look better on it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Danick wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the pro for my psvr - I don't use it much as it always makes me feel a bit sick - would it make any difference to the graphics on driveclub vr - I got it day one so maybe other driving games look better on it. Thanks

Driveclub VR isn't really the best graphics-wise.

The improvements on Pro are only for VR games specifically coded to take advantage of the Pro's hardware.

Regarding the motion-sickness thing, it's something that you eventually get over, just don't push yourself at the start and also use a fan to blow on you which helps immensely.

Cheers guys I'm planning to upgrade to a 4k tv around xmas so I'll go for this if I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Isn't Fortnight a free game anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it is but now you can pimp your avatar with some shizzle bling yo!

Isn't Fortnight a free game anyway?

The PvP version is free but you currently have to pay for the PvE version, that's what I was wondering kinda knew it was just them throwing the graphic on the box to make the deal look more appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Skerries wrote: »
    it is but now you can pimp your avatar with some shizzle bling yo!

What a ****ty deal.

I was just told its any 2 games of the 19.99 trade in list...... does anyone have the list?

I was just told its any 2 games of the 19.99 trade in list...... does anyone have the list?

Found it https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

Try a different store, or complain about false advertising as it is stated as any 2 games on the website, not any 2 games on our trade list.

This is just the store trying to avoid getting 2 games with feck all value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

Try a different store, or complain about false advertising as it is stated as any 2 games on the website, not any 2 games on our trade list.

This is just the store trying to avoid getting 2 games with feck all value.

It says almost any 2 games. I'm sure it probably fall under invitation to treat etc and they are well within their right to refuse games of no value.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement