Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Response from Gamestop on Facebook wrt offer.

455892.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

FB still says Almost any. They're doing nothing wrong really, however worked up people wish to get up about it. You're perhaps mistakenly doing it, but youre saying ANY, not almost any. always read the small print.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Attachment doesn't work. FB still says Almost any. They're doing nothing wrong really, however worked up people wish to get up about it.

Thats because I deleted the post and put a smaller version of the image up. It's there now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I agree it's annoying. But they're running a business (however badly it's being done) but there's zero point in them taking in their hundreth copy of certain games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I'll have to try a different store so, that was the answer I got from swords and they took any game with a trade in value last year on the xbox one controller promo.

I wouldnt bother with santry after the way they treated me trying to get that deal last year

• Advertisement

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I'll have to try a different store so, that was the answer I got from swords and they took any game with a trade in value last year on the xbox one controller promo.

I wouldnt bother with santry after the way they treated me trying to get that deal last year

I've heard Clarehall are doing any 2 games.

Once again another comment from GS stating it's any 2 games, not just from the trade list.

455893.jpg

I rang Clarehall there and reserved one :) They said its selected games today and any game with a trade in value tomorrow haha I told them I'll be in tomorrow so.

What do I need to do to keep my saves etc? I've all the games on a hard drive already

I rang Clarehall there and reserved one :) They said its selected games today and any game with a trade in value tomorrow haha I told them I'll be in tomorrow so.

What do I need to do to keep my saves etc? I've all the games on a hard drive already

Push all your saves to the cloud if you have PS+. Worth signing up for a month to do so if you don't have it. Any photos can be transferred to usb.

All games will need to be reinstalled, or ask them if they can do a transfer in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Get your saves onto a USB, actually saying that I really should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

If someone is stuck with a stubborn store, maybe some of the games from the list will be on sale on Prime day? How long is the Pro offer on for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dohboy

The advert says 'almost any two games'. Are people too busy frothing at the mouth they are unable to read?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

It's not even that good a deal, a pro is only €400, my PS4 was €250 (Speical Edition) and add €100, that's €350... WOW.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's not even that good a deal, a pro is only €400, my PS4 was €250 (Speical Edition) and add €100, that's €350... WOW.

It is a good deal if you've had the ps4 for years

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Not a good deal if you recently got a PS4, but if you got one recently and wanted a Pro you'd have just bought a Pro anyway.

A second hand PS4 500GB is usually only worth about €150 in GameStop(trade) and CEX(cash). Add that to a copy of Fifa 17(€5 CEX) and Dragon Age Inquisition(€8 CEX) it boosts the trade value to €300,what a brand new 500gb PS4 normally costs.

Just got my console now. Bear with staff as the offer has not been updated on their system yet and they need to enter it in manually, very messy atm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just got my console now. Bear with staff as the offer has not been updated on their system yet and they need to enter it in manually, very messy atm.

As is every transaction with GS, I find. The most uninformed organisation I've come across in a long time.

whiterebel wrote: »
    As is every transaction with GS, I find. The most uninformed organisation I've come across in a long time.

They have a code, but its still for the old offer where you trade in 2 games off the €20 list

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

No Man's Sky is €10 in Smyths with stock in a few stores.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-games/no-man-s-sky-ps4/p/144439

Huge update for it coming out on the 24th of this month which adds the stuff it promised when it was first released (Multiplayer, space battles, etc.). Can't fault their effort in not giving up on a game that was a complete car crash when it first came out.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/no-mans-sky-next-trailer/

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    No Man's Sky is €10 in Smyths with stock in a few stores.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-games/no-man-s-sky-ps4/p/144439

Huge update for it coming out on the 24th of this month which adds the stuff it promised when it was first released (Multiplayer, space battles, etc.). Can't fault their effort in not giving up on a game that was a complete car crash when it first came out.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/no-mans-sky-next-trailer/
    none in Tralee sadly...Wouldn't be worth it for me to go all the way to smyths in kinsale rd or waterford just to pick it up for a tenner petrol wise. Good price though for locals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

PlayStation Hits Range 2 for €30 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭chonix

njcarey wrote: »
    PlayStation Hits Range 2 for €30 in Argos.
    Just for the lazy folks like me:

Either:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=PS4+HITS&authToken=

or: search for "PS4 Hits" on the search box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

chonix wrote: »
    Just for the lazy folks like me:

Either:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=PS4+HITS&authToken=

or: search for "PS4 Hits" on the search box.

Big ordeal in Dun Laoighre Argos when I went to actually buy the games I’d reserved - Infamous Second Son was the second game I picked but I was only really after the last of us as I haven’t played it yet.

After some going back and forth between the Computer checkout & office phone, they couldn’t tell me what the issue was just that it had a “do not sell” on second son on their system, so missed out on the offer - could’ve picked another title in the range but was a bit irritated by the whole rigamaroll, was very unimpressed with how it was handled, she didn’t seem to know about the offer.

Do I just need the ps4, controller and power cable for the trade in? Obviously the 2 games too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Do I just need the ps4, controller and power cable for the trade in? Obviously the 2 games too

Bring the controller charger and HDMI too. Gamestop wouldn't accept a 3ds trade in for me because it didn't have a charger. Even though it DOESNT COME WITH ONE.

They are the worst.

Bring the controller charger and HDMI too. Gamestop wouldn't accept a 3ds trade in for me because it didn't have a charger. Even though it DOESNT COME WITH ONE.

They are the worst.

Yup, need a micro usb and hdmi too.

They did that with me in GS wrt 3ds trading, went around to CEX as they were offering more cash than GS were in trade and didn't require a charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yup, need a micro usb and hdmi too.

They did that with me in GS wrt 3ds trading, went around to CEX as they were offering more cash than GS were in trade and didn't require a charger.

GS were so obnoxious about it as well. It's as if they are trained to be miserable and rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ive never really wanted a pro but that deal seems ok. New warranty be nice as much as a new console.

I might see if they will take Battlefield 1 and Bloodborne as the two games.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ive never really wanted a pro but that deal seems ok. New warranty be nice as much as a new console.

I might see if they will take Battlefield 1 and Bloodborne as the two games.

They will, any 2 games with a trade value are accepted.
    The trade value for the copy of Fifa 17 I traded in was less than €1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Can I just ask so as to be clear, to avail of the Gamestop Pro offer for €99 I need to bring the following:

A wiped, reset Ps4;
    A single controller;
    A hdmi cable;
    A USB cable for the controller;
    2 eligible games to trade in e.g. FIFA17 and Adventure Time.

Is that it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement