Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what do ye know about Islam?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

"Trolley" and "off" spring to mind!!

Pain killers urgently needed after reading this thread and I'm still no wiser.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The words star and trek are in the quran. More proof that it is real, it foresaw Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The words star and trek are in the quran. More proof that it is real, it foresaw Star Trek.

It was foretold??

It could have been prevented?!?

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

///3power wrote: »
    I'm not talking hocus pocus "if you add that number, and then divide it by 666 and then bla bla bla".
    No, you're talking about adding up other numbers and dividing them by other numbers.
    • The moon is mentioned 28 times in 27 verses, it takes 27 days for the moon to orbit earth and 27 days for the moon to revolve fully on it's own axis.
    • The word "night" occurs 92 times. Chapter 92 is called "chapter of night".
    • "Day" (singular) is repeated 365 times.
    • "Day" (plural) repeated 30 times.
    • The word "month" mentioned 12 times.
    • "Human being" is used 65 times: the sum of the number of references to the stages of man's creation is the same:

Human being 65
      -Clay 17
      -Drop of Sperm 12
      -Embryo 6
      -A half formed lump of flesh 3
      -Bone 15
      -Flesh 12

TOTAL 65

• The word "sea" appears 32 times.
      The word "land" 13 times.
      If we add up the total words of both "sea" and "land" we get 45.
      Now if we do a simple calculation:

32/45 X 100% = 71.11111111%
    13/45 X 100% = 28.88888888%

Above is the percentages of water and land on the earth. Keep in mind that half the world hadn't even been discovered at the time of the Qur'an being revealed to prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
    Either your god can't add, or you got those figures wrong (eg - the water/earth ratio). But got to have a hearty laugh at some of that stuff you wrote. "Half formed lump of flesh" is 3/65ths of the makeup of a person - LOL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A little history lesson they wont teach you in school:
    For good reason.
    When Britain and France were about to engage in the battle of Waterloo. Britain was at the time the worlds superpower. They were expected to destroy their opponent easily. The Rothschilds (the richest family in the world, trillions with a T, who pretty much own Israel and are zionists) they made a gamble/investment and bought thousands of British bonds. Expecting Britain to win, and for the bonds to increase in value. Britain was beaten in the battle within days.
    Eh the allied nations headed by the British won the battle of Waterloo. It's where Napoleon got his arse handed to him on a plate. It's even entered the English language as a phrase. Also QV Abba sing of the same name...

Jesus if this is what passes for a grasp of history I dunno and it doesn't say much for the rest of your tenuous grasp on science. Though you are in good company with the book you're trying to evangelise.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Off topic OP, but I do like your username... Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

CramCycle wrote: »
    Not sure what this has to do with the Q in the title but if it could be proved, then of course I would believe, it would then be a fact, not believing would be silly.

Actually you would still not believe, because it would be silly to believe in something you know to be real, just like you don't believe in the chair you sit on watching your Away in a Home, or the internet enabled device from which you access Boards, because you know through empirical observation (you sit on one, you type with the other) that they exist.

Belief is simply reserved for the things you don't know to be true, or you should know to be false, but you deeply want to have to be true, not for what you know to exist (e.g. chairs) or what you know not to exist (e.g. all the gods ever described by any human).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I love the preface you put to that wall of madness:
    If any of the following information is false, it is my fault, the fault of others who i copied this information from and the fault of the satans. If any of the information is true, it is from Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He).

That's so handy for you!

It's so weird to live in a world where that sentence is said in earnest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

bnt wrote: »
    Could you summarise that for us in, say 50 words or fewer? Keep that up, even the Islam forum mods will start deleting your posts as against the charter.
    Sorry for quoting myself, but I'm not at all surprised to see this and this, then.
    Two days ago the mod locked a thread by me unjustly, solely based on his own viewpoints and personal opinion. It seems he expects people not to talk about God and the Qur'an, in the Islam section.
    As I've noted before, the Islam forum charter (like Islam itself) has rules against saying anything negative about Islam. So you won't see any substantive dicussion of Islam there at all. Nor any mention of current events in the Middle East, since they reflect badly on Islam (unless you're a Sunni jihadist).

The only way Islam will ever truly be a "religion of peace" is if one faction manages to kill everyone else in the world: then there will be "peace" under Islam, but not for long. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sorry for quoting myself, but I'm not at all surprised to see this and this, then.

As I've noted before, the Islam forum charter (like Islam itself) has rules against saying anything negative about Islam. So you won't see any substantive dicussion of Islam there at all. Nor any mention of current events in the Middle East, since they reflect badly on Islam (unless you're a Sunni jihadist).

The only way Islam will ever truly be a "religion of peace" is if one faction manages to kill everyone else in the world: then there will be "peace" under Islam, but not for long. :rolleyes:

Rather silly generalisation there, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Michael OBrien

When any muslim professes that Islam is a religion of peace to non muslims he is committing taqiyya, a form of lying or double speak to promote and protect Islam. Islam is all about submission to their god, that is what it really means. The root is similar but not the same as Shalom, which does mean peace in Hebrew. They outright lie when they claim it is the same word.
    The only 'peace' that can be referred to by the term Islam is peace with their god, not man, and that can only be achieved by total submission to that god. Salam is the far more accurate word for peace, as understood when non muslims hear it to mean peace with each other.
    Please note that I am referring to the NAME 'Islam', not the people which can of course be peaceful in many instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

"Day" (singular) is repeated 365 times.
    There are more than 365 days in a year, so either Allah or the guys that wrote the Koran got it wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Banbh wrote: »
    There are more than 365 days in a year, so either Allah or the guys that wrote the Koran got it wrong.

I think at one point he stutters, so how do you explain that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Miracle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Banbh wrote: »

Considering that the muslamic calendar is only 354 or 355 days long, it is also a bad example to bring up re the intelligence of muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

OP threatened a moderator and got him/her/itself sitebanned last week. Fuhgeddabouttit. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I wasn't referring to western practices in particular, but to all slaughter practices, regardless of specific location, that do not include the name of God.

I then linked a video to show the beautiful reaction of animals "answering the calling" when the name of God is said over them. It showed them lying down totally relaxed and calm.

If you made this up as an example of crazy stuff religious people believe, would you be accused of gross exaggeration?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Captain cabbage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Mod warning: This is a discussion forum. Resurrecting a very old thread to post a link to a wikipedia article on Islamic terrorism does not meet the basic standards required here. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement