Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator harassment

Options
  • 01-07-2014 5:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭

Two days ago the mod locked a thread by me unjustly, solely based on his own viewpoints and personal opinion. It seems he expects people not to talk about God and the Qur'an, in the Islam section. He has shown total disregard for neutrality in the forum he is moderating.

When i PM'd him to explain his actions. He could not justify them, and instead insulted me and my writing style and claimed that i was "damaging Islam". When he could not explain his actions, his tone became aggressive towards me and he ordered me to "drop it".

Today, a whole new low level has been reached by him. Something i would never expect from a moderator of such experience.

I posted a video in a response to a thread entitled "halal" which shows the care and respect given to ritually slaughtered animals. I made it clear in the post that the videos were not graphic (no animals are slaughtered in the videos). These are the videos: one and two

He then deleted my post. Banned me for a month, and then wrote the folowing in the thread; "///3power banned for posting videos of animals having their throats slit. I am utterly disgusted"

A blatant lie.

I then emailed him to inform him that no animals are slaughtered in the video.

He responded by threatening to permanently ban me from the site.

Is this the kind of behaviour deemed acceptable by boards.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Apologies, the text of the ban was incorrect.

The ban was for the continued transgression of the charter.

In this specific case, the following post was made by the OP in relation to halal slaughter:
    Animals are to be treated very well. Not locked up in tiny spaces, force fed and treated as a commodity with no compassion shown for them. Like other practices in some parts of the world... Ironically (or not) those parts of the world are also the same parts that have turned their backs on God

This is a clear reference to western practices in animal handling and in direct contravention of the charter that specifically states:
    3. The following are not allowed.
    • Proselytizing (ie. Attempting to convert someone to a particular religion, sect or non-religion).
    • Garbage (eg. muslim = suicide bomber, telling people they are brainwashed).
    • Offensive posts.
    • Attacks on another person. (Discuss the post, not the poster)
    • Attacking or belittling another person's religion, or lack thereof.
    • Unsolicited private messages to bypass a rule.
    • Linking off to a blog/web post to bypass a rule.
    • Attacking Western culture or beliefs

I will update the text of the ban message accordingly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

Insincere apology is not accepted.

Why are you dealing with this issue, when you are the one guilty of gross misconduct, abuse of your powers, lying, defamation and harassment?

Isn't that a conflict of interest?

///3power wrote: »
    Insincere apology is not accepted.

Why are you dealing with this issue, when you are the one guilty of gross misconduct, abuse of your powers, lying, defamation and harassment?

Isn't that a conflict of interest?

I am not dealing with the issue, I am clarifying the matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    This is a clear reference to western practices in animal handling and in direct contravention of the charter that specifically states:

Firstly it's not right to insinuate anything.

Second, i was responding to a question asking if halal slaughter was cruel to the animal. I gave referenced scientific evidence to show that animals felt no pain or trauma during the process, as opposed to other methods where the name of God the Creator of everything, was not pronounced over the animal. I wasn't referring to western practices in particular, but to all slaughter practices, regardless of specific location, that do not include the name of God.

I then linked a video to show the beautiful reaction of animals "answering the calling" when the name of God is said over them. It showed them lying down totally relaxed and calm. The video was for demonstration purposes only, and no slaughter took place. You then deleted my post. Banned me. And wrote that; "///3power banned for posting videos of animals having their throats slit. I am utterly disgusted".

You're a liar, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I am disgusted by this type of behaviour from someone who has been moderating for so long. This is gross misconduct, slander and defamation. I'm sure it's illegal and i know i could take legal proceedings against you if i wanted.

You may edit your posts/lies, but nothing is ever hidden or erased from the internet. You are not anonymous.

So you can keep your insincere apologies, they're not accepted. I would accept a sincere apology though.

Sitebanned for threat of legal action.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement