Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Shot in Ballyfermot

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

oh dear, you really haven't a clue

How so?
    If the gunman was trained he would have shot the intended target and not the innocent kid, its not that hard of a concept.
    Are you suggesting that the intended target was innocent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

Jake1 wrote: »
    or, if they were decent human beings, a child would not have been shot

in an ideal world what you say is true. however, maybe we should look at firearm training for inadequate gangland hitmen. it would create jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They shouldn't have access to guns if they're not up to a certain standard, I have no problems letting them kill each other whatsoever, but if they're incompetent they shouldn't be given the guns in the first place.

Are you taking the piss or what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I never take the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

I never take the piss

I think you might have been drinking some because you're deranged

• Advertisement

just read an update on the shooting, and apparently, the family have said that what has been reported in media is wrong.

I wonder what they meant by that??

http://www.herald.ie/news/man-arrested-as-brave-sean-6-recovers-from-being-shot-in-the-neck-30356504.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Another crazy attack on a child.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0617/624370-clondalkin-assault/

"An assault on a teenage boy in the Clondalkin area of Dublin is being investigated by gardaí. It is understood that three of the boy's fingers were severed in the attack. He was treated for his injuries at St James's Hospital.
    The incident happened in the Kilcronan Close area in the early hours of Saturday."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Another crazy attack on a child.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0617/624370-clondalkin-assault/

"An assault on a teenage boy in the Clondalkin area of Dublin is being investigated by gardaí. It is understood that three of the boy's fingers were severed in the attack. He was treated for his injuries at St James's Hospital.
    The incident happened in the Kilcronan Close area in the early hours of Saturday."

Wasn't a random attack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Won't suprise me in the slightest if vigilante groups start coming back on the scene again. Were very prevalant in the early 00's in certain areas in Dublin, I know there was a pretty serious one in a region of Swords.

The problem being that it actually shows tangible results, so its hard to really take the moral high ground on it. there was an area in Swords you'd be scared for your life going through at night, vigilante group got together, granted some skulls were bashed, but all of a sudden the area seemed a lot more safe.

I know another area around Coolock, where a local family are notoriously involved in crime. They are causing havoc for local residents, with frequent raids on their house, absolute scumbag children in their teens intimidating locals and assaulting people for no reason, loitering around the local shop etc. Sister in law lives in the area and has had her car spilled with acid, her son can't go outside to play for fear of him getting slapped around, and the house value has plumetted because of it. They have wanted to move for ages but cant take the hit of selling below what they paid, and while this scum are present the pricing goes lower and lower.

I know the boyfriend is oldschool and wants to just start caving in heads to clear them out, and it seems there is frequent enough chatters between the neighbours all agreeing.

The horrible thing is its probably going to escalate, in some area, I'll assume Dublin, where vigilante groups rise again. The Guards are under staffed and under resourced, confidence and trust is already shot of them, and there is the growing perception that they simply cant accomplish anything.

Have to say never mind the economic situation, the social situation bubbling up in Dublin is nearly as worrying.Government are shockingly out of their depth. No even remote soundbites of actions to deal with the increase in gun related crime and ganglang expansion thats going on years. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Jake1 wrote: »
    just read an update on the shooting, and apparently, the family have said that what has been reported in media is wrong.

I wonder what they meant by that??

http://www.herald.ie/news/man-arrested-as-brave-sean-6-recovers-from-being-shot-in-the-neck-30356504.html

I'd imagine that the fact that it was being reported that the intended target of the shooting was related to the child shot.

I think that's why the media isn't hyping up the story more - if it was a child with no connections whatsoever I reckon there would be a ton more coverage.

The fact that people are saying that it was a relative of the kid who was the target makes it a lot harder for the media to play the "innocent playing shot by animal gangsters line" as strongly as they would if there was no link/connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I still can't believe this wasn't a big deal for the government or opposition parties. I don't think crime will ever be a priority here. It's probably the most ignored issue in government IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

EyeSight wrote: »
    I still can't believe this wasn't a big deal for the government or opposition parties. I don't think crime will ever be a priority here. It's probably the most ignored issue in government IMO

Think it's only an issue when their homes get burgled..... Moved pretty fast on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TheDoc wrote: »
    Won't suprise me in the slightest if vigilante groups start coming back on the scene again. Were very prevalant in the early 00's in certain areas in Dublin, I know there was a pretty serious one in a region of Swords.

The problem being that it actually shows tangible results, so its hard to really take the moral high ground on it. there was an area in Swords you'd be scared for your life going through at night, vigilante group got together, granted some skulls were bashed, but all of a sudden the area seemed a lot more safe.

I know another area around Coolock, where a local family are notoriously involved in crime. They are causing havoc for local residents, with frequent raids on their house, absolute scumbag children in their teens intimidating locals and assaulting people for no reason, loitering around the local shop etc. Sister in law lives in the area and has had her car spilled with acid, her son can't go outside to play for fear of him getting slapped around, and the house value has plumetted because of it. They have wanted to move for ages but cant take the hit of selling below what they paid, and while this scum are present the pricing goes lower and lower.

I know the boyfriend is oldschool and wants to just start caving in heads to clear them out, and it seems there is frequent enough chatters between the neighbours all agreeing.

The horrible thing is its probably going to escalate, in some area, I'll assume Dublin, where vigilante groups rise again. The Guards are under staffed and under resourced, confidence and trust is already shot of them, and there is the growing perception that they simply cant accomplish anything.

Have to say never mind the economic situation, the social situation bubbling up in Dublin is nearly as worrying.Government are shockingly out of their depth. No even remote soundbites of actions to deal with the increase in gun related crime and ganglang expansion thats going on years. Mental.

no vigilante groups who are only interested in fame anyway will be able to exist in this day and age, the gangland types these days will have no problem killing kids in revenge for such actions, trust me, any vigilante vermin who think they will be able to start the nonsense of the 1980s of removing certain people so they can take over the "patch" would be i suspect in for a rude awakening

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

every country has crime, you can only do so much, this couldn't have been prevented unless the guards got wind of a shooting going to happen, if they did then the ERU would have turned up

every country has crime, you can only do so much, this couldn't have been prevented unless the guards got wind of a shooting going to happen, if they did then the ERU would have turned up
    Every other developed country does something about crime

I am not saying the guards should have been there, but I'm saying the gangland and drug problem is massively ignored here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Sounds like a job for Jack Taylor :D

Every other developed country does something about crime

yet it still exists and to the same level, higher then here in many cases
    the gangland and drug problem is massively ignored here.

no its not, a hell of a lot of resources are put into trying to deal with the drug trade but to no avail, they should just leave it to be honest and concentrate on the gangland side of things though

I don't agree. I think if countries such as the USA, UK, Germany etc. ignored it like we do, they would have far higher rates than they do now.
    no its not, a hell of a lot of resources are put into trying to deal with the drug trade but to no avail, they should just leave it to be honest and concentrate on the gangland side of things though
    Drug trade needs more resources put into it but I think here the courts need to do more than hand out warnings and suspended sentences. The government completely ignore this, the guards don't.
    Gangland does need more concentration I agree. But again they are ignored.

I can see why FG and Labour want to ignore this. But why are the opposition? Who jump on any chance to voice their opposition to everything? They got 2 days worth of opposition bickering over the pointless bank inquiry, but nothing said over the gangland shootings last Friday

Same people involved in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I never take the piss

said no toilet ever

• Advertisement

I think if countries such as the USA, UK, Germany etc. ignored it like we do, they would have far higher rates than they do now.

we don't ignore it, even with enforcement america has a very big problem with gun and gangland crime.
    Drug trade needs more resources put into it but I think here the courts need to do more than hand out warnings and suspended sentences. The government completely ignore this, the guards don't.

waste of time, just legalize the lot and be done with it, those who want to take will regardless and those who don't won't

we don't ignore it, even with enforcement america has a very big problem with gun and gangland crime.

waste of time, just legalize the lot and be done with it, those who want to take will regardless and those who don't won't

I disagree again.
    But can we agree that the crime in Ireland(or some cities) needs to be discussed by the government? What will it take before it is? A child being shot isn't enough obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If they had been trained no innocent would have been injured

Absolutely true, but only in the sense that anybody who had been trained in the safe use of firearms would not have discharged one in a residential area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That joyrider who died last week if his mate was a trained rally driver he would have survived so maybe only trained rally drivers should be car thieves. I can't believe nobody has thought of this before.

salmocab wrote: »
    That joyrider who died last week if his mate was a trained rally driver he would have survived so maybe only trained rally drivers should be car thieves. I can't believe nobody has thought of this before.

Can rally drivers reattach arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Can rally drivers reattach arms?

well rally driver/surgeon this could end up a very high end career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

salmocab wrote: »
    Only if the guy that died could navigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/suspects-in-gun-attack-on-little-boy-6-shoot-uncles-horse-dead-30548707.html

Savage thugs who shot and badly injured a six-year-old boy are the chief suspects for shooting his uncle’s horse dead.

The sickening incident unfolded shortly after midnight yesterday at the family home of Keith Lyons in Croftwood Gardens, Ballyfermot, Dublin.

Gillian and Karl Scully with Sean, who was shot by accident
    Two thugs jumped a wall and used a shotgun to kill the 38-year-old’s beloved horse, Annie.

Mr Lyons is the uncle of little Sean Scully (6) who was lucky to survive after he was the victim of a reckless gun attack while playing with friends on a green near his house in Ballyfermot on June 13.

Sources say that gardai are now working on the theory that the criminals who shot the boy were also involved in yesterday morning’s shocking incident.

The horse was fatally shot in the chest when the criminals broke into stables at the back of the Croftwood Gardens property.

****ing hell it just gets worse,will it ever stop.

realies wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/suspects-in-gun-attack-on-little-boy-6-shoot-uncles-horse-dead-30548707.html

Savage thugs who shot and badly injured a six-year-old boy are the chief suspects for shooting his uncle’s horse dead.

The sickening incident unfolded shortly after midnight yesterday at the family home of Keith Lyons in Croftwood Gardens, Ballyfermot, Dublin.

Gillian and Karl Scully with Sean, who was shot by accident
    Two thugs jumped a wall and used a shotgun to kill the 38-year-old’s beloved horse, Annie.

Mr Lyons is the uncle of little Sean Scully (6) who was lucky to survive after he was the victim of a reckless gun attack while playing with friends on a green near his house in Ballyfermot on June 13.

Sources say that gardai are now working on the theory that the criminals who shot the boy were also involved in yesterday morning’s shocking incident.

The horse was fatally shot in the chest when the criminals broke into stables at the back of the Croftwood Gardens property.

****ing hell it just gets worse,will it ever stop.
    hopefully these vermin will be caught and locked up indefinitely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Cowards, the both of them

Advertisement