Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Shot in Ballyfermot

Options
  • 13-06-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking News now on FM 104.

9 year old child has been shot and wounded in Croftwood, Ballyfermot.

In a critical condition.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

On Sky News. Ballyfermot.

Crazy stuff. Hope he makes a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ffs is there any end to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,383 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A 6 year old according the Independant. Shot in the neck.

Sicking what is happening in this country.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/boy-6-has-been-shot-in-dublin-30353670.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Terrible.

Report says boy's life not in danger. That's good news at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Very sad news,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Hopefully they find the ***** that did this. No mercy for them. This place is gettin worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

A child??? For fcuk sake. How can anyone live knowing they shot a child. Hope the cnuts are caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

It was always going to happen while those in power sat back and do feck all, It's more shocking when we go a day without a shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

Benteke wrote: »
    It was always going to happen while those in power sat back and do feck all, It's more shocking when we go a day without a shooting

Those in power aren't the problem it's the scumbags that are and they are everywhere in every country

• Advertisement

A child??? For fcuk sake. How can anyone live knowing they shot a child. Hope the cnuts are caught.

I was thinking it had to be an accident, someone left a loaded gun lying around. hard to fathom that someone would fire at a child.

Or is it anymore. I dunno. Give up on this city. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Ireland is one of the safest countries on the planet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I wouldn't be so presumptuous

Often when children this young are involved in gun 'incidents' it's with a firearm that they found in their home

We will wait and see

Soups123 wrote: »
    Those in power aren't the problem it's the scumbags that are and they are everywhere in every country

Yes I agree but when resources are been took away from the guards to help matters then you can blame the powers to be, The guards know who most of these people are and they can do nothing, The courts are a joke, How many times do you see a crime committed and then you hear that person or persons have 60+ criminal charges to their name? If it was the states they would not get pass 3

Or maybe I'm jumping the gun and it was an accident with a fire arm that belongs to one of the child's family

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭anewme

my friend wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so presumptuous

Often when children this young are involved in gun 'incidents' it's with a firearm that they found in their home

We will wait and see

Horrible thing to happen either way. Do most households have a gun these days?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Loads of sirens going off for ages here, was wondering what was going on. Poor kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

All these gangster wannabes, watching love hate doesn't help.

But it shows this country is fascinated with gangland when one million people tune in to watch it every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Jake1 wrote: »
    I was thinking it had to be an accident, someone left a loaded gun lying around. hard to fathom that someone would fire at a child.

Or is it anymore. I dunno. Give up on this city. :(

Fcuk the city! Give up on this country.
    Whole island is fcuked and this just tops it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

All these gangster wannabes, watching love hate doesn't help.

But it shows this country is fascinated with gangland when one million people tune in to watch it every week.

What?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

What?

What?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

What?

TV is the shooter apparently.

Gardai believe the schoolboy was hit in a case of mistaken identity and that the hitmen were targeting a man who is living in the area.

How can you have a mistaken identity with a 9 year old?
    A nine-year-old boy fighting for his life tonight after he was shot in the neck in West Dublin.

The young boy was rushed to hospital after the incident in Croftwood Grove, Ballyfermot, West Dublin.

Sources said the child was in a critical condition.

Gardai believe the schoolboy was hit in a case of mistaken identity and that the hitmen were targeting a man who is living in the area.

The incident happened at approximately 10.30pm and gardai rushed to the scene.

It is believed that at least one officer was injured in the ensuing chase

There is a large garda presence in the area as detectives seek the gunman.

Ballyfermot Independent councillor Vincent Jackson said: "I knew there was a serious incident straight away.

"I have never heard garda sirens like that before.

"I have never seen some a huge amount of garda go past. I knew it must have been something serious.

"It have never seen anything like it, the amount of guards made it seem like there was a President visit or something.

"It was as if the president was coming or something."

Local councillor Daithi De Roiste, FF, slammed this latest shocking attack.

He said: "There are disturbing reports emerging tonight. This is shocking and appalling.

"When will we start to take this seriously in Dublin?This is the latest in a long line of shootings in this area..

"And yet not a single thing has been done."

He added: "I am calling on gardai to meet community reps immediately to see what can be done to stop this."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

wazky wrote: »

Yes, it is this simple and there can be no other explanation.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tommy Vercetti?

Not at all, but when impressionable young lads who want to be the next nidge sees how much people love the show and talk about the characters like their heroes and legends they're bound to get ideas in their heads.

Not at all, but when impressionable young lads who want to be the next nidge sees how much people love the show and talk about the characters like their heroes and legends they're bound to get ideas in their heads.

Do you seriously think that something so simple as a TV programme is all it takes to compel someone to kill?

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

No they don't, not unless you are already down that path already and at that stage you don't need general consensus to continue your career choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Simple solution to this is anyone caught with an illegal firearm - instant 20 years in prison. No appeal, no early release.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Benteke wrote: »
    Not sure why you blame "the man". They didn't pull the trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yeah...no gangland shootings ever took place before Love/Hate..ffs

Advertisement