Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meter protests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

For a poster who's posts frequently ask questions such as "have you evidence" or "source for this"?

I see some flaws (and more hypocrisy) in your arguments now.

You see what you want to see

That's your MO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

I am registered and am going to pay 'shock horror'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Good question

I must remember to.ask that one the next time one of you posts a heavily edited youtube video claiming garda brutality or IW workers running over old ladies :rolleyes:

I actually seen something like that happen first-hand in Saint Annes in Raheny a few months back, it wasn't an old lady it was a middle aged guy and it was done deliberately. Afaik the young guy that was driving the van lost his job over it too

Ye cant dismiss it all as propaganda, there are always two sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You see what you want to see

That's your MO ;)

I may be converted yet, I may start to agree with you.

Once a peaceful protester is charged with assault or criminal damage.

Until then, it's not a case of seeing what I want to see, I only see reality, which in this case, is that the Gardai have yet to even charge a single protester with assault or criminal damage.

Mighty telling mind you, what with both sides equipped with video recording equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

I may be converted yet, I may start to agree with you.

Once a peaceful protester is charged with assault or criminal damage.

Until then, it's not a case of seeing what I want to see, I only see reality, which in this case, is that the Gardai have yet to even charge a single protester with assault or criminal damage.

Mighty telling mind you, what with both sides equipped with video recording equipment.

Maybe some are being Adult Cautioned instead....

• Advertisement

Lmklad wrote: »
    Maybe some are being Adult Cautioned instead....

Maybe.

Assault and criminal damage are serious enough offences though (tbf).

Adult cautions aren't very likely for such an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭worded

Water can be such fun on a lighter note

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dkpzgS9rdTk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Many more blockades need to happen.
    You own the foothpaths in front of the houses.
    It is called frontage and even grass that is growing there beside the footpaths outside is the owners or tenants responsibility to mow it.
    It is your property that they are forcing installations of meters on without your permission and consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Protesting will work as it did in Bolivia and it has to go on until Irish Water and the Coalition Government are put in their place.

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/news/alana-libow/bolivian-protesters-end-water-privatization-la-paz-el-alto

FREETV wrote: »

This is a lie, if this is the case then the protesters are trespassing on private property when they attempt to stop installations.
    It is called frontage and even grass that is growing there beside the footpaths outside is the owners or tenants responsibility to mow it.

More lies
    It is your property that they are forcing installations of meters on without your permission and consent.

Now you're just getting desperate :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This is a lie, if this is the case then the protesters are trespassing on private property when they attempt to stop installations.

When did public footpaths become private property?

More lies.

Now you're just getting desperate :rolleyes:

Indeed.

Touch of irony about this post.

Any examples of protesters charged with acts of assault or criminal damage yet btw:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Protesting will work as it did in Bolivia and it has to go on until Irish Water and the Coalition Government are put in their place.

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/news/alana-libow/bolivian-protesters-end-water-privatization-la-paz-el-alto
    If only we could get SF into power they would sort it, but beware we will pay for it some other way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If only we could get SF into power they would sort it, but beware we will pay for it some other way ;)

SF promise Utopia with scant reference to how it would be funded after they have rifled the pot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Paulownia wrote: »
    SF promise Utopia with scant reference to how it would be funded after they have rifled the pot!

Do they?

When did public footpaths become private property?

That's something you will have to ask your buddy

Indeed.

Touch of irony about this post.

Any examples of protesters charged with acts of assault or criminal damage yet btw:confused:

To coin a phrase used many times by the no side

"Do your own research"

;)

Paulownia wrote: »
    Hence the rolleyes ;)

So if I tripped over the footpath outside your house and proved you at fault I could claim off you :)

As far as I can see there have been no charges of assault and/or criminal damage brought against any protesters.
    More lies from known and proven liars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

More blatant lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

You may own the footpath outside your house, but as there's a public right of way over that part of your property it facilitates public authorities to do what the wish with it and to maintain it (so if some eejit trips on it, it's the public authority who gets the summons)

• Advertisement

Jazus, lads. I go out for a day and come back and ye're STILL going over the same old ground! There were peaceful protests around the country yesterday. They are the right way to go about it. Not behaving like thugs, confronting Gardai and IW workers with silly, factually incorrect sh1te and making themselves look like right twats in the process. Compare the following:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=747387101963668&set=gm.1560582260841008&type=1&theater
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEhvP1cg6sw
    Which gets their message across the clearest?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Those Garda looked fierce embarrassed as they should. They should be out fighting real crime.

If people take a dislike to your job and blocked you from doing it i hope you don't consider calling the gardai to make them stop cos they have better things to do. You'll just have to stop going to work I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Jazus, lads. I go out for a day and come back and ye're STILL going over the same old ground! There were peaceful protests around the country yesterday. They are the right way to go about it. Not behaving like thugs, confronting Gardai and IW workers with silly, factually incorrect sh1te and making themselves look like right twats in the process. Compare the following:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=747387101963668&set=gm.1560582260841008&type=1&theater
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEhvP1cg6sw
    Which gets their message across the clearest?

it's gas how the diehrads here on boards are still debating the merits of protesting and the usual suspects are doing their best to delegitimise all protesting in Ireland, meanwhile our government are $hitting themselves and talking about firing the whole IW board, and probably more. they'd really want to be copping themselves on very lively because there's a rising tide of Irish protestors who are awake and active now :)

it's gas how the diehrads here on boards are still debating the merits of protesting and the usual suspects are doing their best to delegitimise all protesting in Ireland, meanwhile our government are $hitting themselves and talking about firing the whole IW board, and probably more. they'd really want to be copping themselves on very lively because there's a rising tide of Irish protestors who are awake and active now :)

There was always going to be a point where we said enough is enough.
    We're a very passive, even docile, race of people.
    Breaking point has been reached.

Gave me a great laugh thanks :D

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    There was always going to be a point where we said enough is enough.
    We're a very passive, even docile, race of people.
    Breaking point has been reached.

The same buzzwords were trotted out when the LPT was announced :rolleyes:

When even the monsters creators are plotting against it, it's not looking too good.

I don't understand how senior members of the government can change the CEO of a private company.

I'm gonna guess that if things advance forward enough, whenever the mass non payment campaign kicks in, and Irish Water start threatening to reduce supplies to a trickle, the government will claim that they can not get involved because it's a 'private company'.

(with a general election on the horizon)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don't understand how senior members of the government can change the CEO of a private company.
    )

Its a fully state owned company.

The very same way these are:

ESB Networks
    Bus Eireann
    An Post
    Irish Rail

Despite being companies. Yet no one seems to have the same hysteria about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

When even the monsters creators are plotting against it, it's not looking too good.

I'm gonna guess that if things advance forward enough, whenever the mass non payment campaign kicks in, and Irish Water start threatening to reduce supplies to a trickle, the government will claim that they can not get involved because it's a 'private company'.

Hasnt it already been established that IW cannot legally reduce the pressure or turn off your water?

• Advertisement

Well if you can't understand that it's not a private company (even though it has been explained to you many many times) then i'm not surprised that you don't understand how they can make changes in STATE OWNED companies :rolleyes:

More "election looming" posts? How many years have you been predicting this now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement