Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meter protests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

This is all a continued fall out of the low tax high spend days of bertie's gangsters.

I don't see that some sections of Irish society have worked out that paying low tax and receiving sh1t public services was a problem.

Want a decent public service, water, utilities etc?

Pay for it. Either directly or via higher taxes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Is there anyone else I can vote for to avoid being a Sheeple? I'm not too keen on the Provos.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Is there anyone else I can vote for to avoid being a Sheeple? I'm not too keen on the Provos.

I wonder if the numpties who are following the shinners and protesting are also "sheeple" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I'd like to sign up to become a sheeple.

Is there a newsletter or a facebook page I could give a sheeple-ly like to?

Baaaa...baaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You could gamble on AAA but I reckon there just as bad as the rest .
    They might get a little power if there lucky but not enough to make a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Independents, there isn't a lot of choice really, not many may like Sinn Fein, I don't like politicians in general but the other three parties are the ones who have ruined the Country and should be boycotted altogether.

If you like pain then keep voting for the main parties!

Water Tax will only open the floodgates to more austerity taxes, austerity hasn't finished yet, infact the markets show signs that next year's economy will be bad also.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Would you run yourself? We need people like you to stand up to those gangsters in the Dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

FREETV wrote: »
    It isn't me you should be slagging off and name calling.

Why don't you write to Sinn Fein or send them emails and tell them exactly what you all think about them?
    Ask them whether they will drop the Property Tax and Water charges.

Are you going to stay loyal to the club in the Dail that is utterly corrupt and support a dedicated quango set up to make gangsters more money?

Anyone who will vote for Fine Gael, Labour or even Fianna Fail in the next election are sheeple and are waiting for somebody else to do something.

The water charges are a step too far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IDpXCev5mk&list=UU24tIehLMj4ggVNcdU5FFsQ

Sinn Feins power is derived from fooling people like you. So it is by enlightening you that Sinn Fein can be shown for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

I was only stating that I believe that they will get rid of unfair, unjust austerity taxes, it doesn't mean that other than that they will be any better or any different than the rest of the current shower in the Dail.
    As I said before the Dail is a Puppet Theatre Show for the gullible.

Independents, there isn't a lot of choice really, not many may like Sinn Fein, I don't like politicians in general but the other three parties are the ones who have ruined the Country and should be boycotted altogether.

If you like pain then keep voting for the main parties!

Water Tax will only open the floodgates to more austerity taxes, austerity hasn't finished yet, infact the markets show signs that next year's economy will be bad also.

Evidence of this?

Because as far as i can tell the economy is coming along nicely. Unemployment is down, consumer confidence is up and people are spending more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Evidence of this?

Because as far as i can tell the economy is coming along nicely. Unemployment is down, consumer confidence is up and people are spending more.

Its only the fastest growing economy in the continent.

Doom & gloom!

How exactly where they put in their place?

Its only the fastest growing economy in the continent.

Domm & gloom!

We're all fecked ted!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Those Garda looked fierce embarrassed as they should. They should be out fighting real crime.

Those Garda looked fierce embarrassed as they should. They should be out fighting real crime.

They were. The video conveniently starts after a number of people tried to attack the water meter installers. That's why the Gardaí are in a line like that, because they intervened.

They were. The video conveniently starts after a number of people tried to attack the water meter installers. That's why the Gardaí are in a line like that, because they intervened.

No no real crime I said.

No no real crime I said.

You don't consider assault and criminal damage real crime?

You don't consider assault and criminal damage real crime?

Any proof of the "assault" or the "criminal damage"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Proof isn't required by the ones in favour of water tax/charge.
    They spend their time here telling lies and smearing other posters.

• Advertisement

I'm sure there is. One of the Gardaí was wearing a camera.

Would you consider criminal damage and intimidation to be "real crime"

No no real crime I said.

If i was to harass you as you go about your work, film you, spit at you, prevent you from going home to your family and damage your property would you consider that a crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Serious question.

How many protesters have actually been charged with any offences, such as assault, or criminal damage?

Serious question.

How many protesters have actually been charged with any offences, such as assault, or criminal damage?

Good question

I must remember to.ask that one the next time one of you posts a heavily edited youtube video claiming garda brutality or IW workers running over old ladies :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Good question

I must remember to.ask that one the next time one of you posts a heavily edited youtube video claiming garda brutality or IW workers running over old ladies :rolleyes:

Too good to answer ?

Good question

I must remember to.ask that one the next time one of you posts a heavily edited youtube video claiming garda brutality or IW workers running over old ladies
    NONE :rolleyes:

is what you meant to type.

is what you meant to type.

No

But nice try

hju6 wrote: »
    Too good to answer ?

No but feel free to throw in a freedom of information request to GSOC or whoever and post up the results.

• Advertisement

For a poster who's posts frequently ask questions such as "have you evidence" or "source for this"?

I see some flaws (and more hypocrisy) in your arguments now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement