Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meter protests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

FREETV wrote: »

They're hilarious all right.

"rain water everywhere and they want me to pay for it - hahahahahahaahahahaha"

Hahaha indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

We have oil and gas offshore should we get those free also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Sam Kade wrote: »
    We have oil and gas offshore should we get those free also?

When have we been getting water free though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Should we have to put up with the likes of the gobs****s in the Dail who are supposed to be representatives of the people who voted for them blackmailing and forcing the people to pay for toxic water!

Now that the Anonymous activist group are involved those assh***s in power in the Dail are going to get what's coming to them shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Should we have to put up with the likes of the gobs****s in the Dail who are supposed to be representatives of the people who voted for them blackmailing and forcing the people to pay for toxic water!

If you don't like them you will get a chance to vote them out at the next GE as per the democratic process, As for the toxic water....are you about to go on another fluoride rant? :rolleyes:
    Now that the Anonymous activist group are involved those assh***s in power in the Dail are going to get what's coming to them shortly.

Or

You know

It was just some kid in his bedroom using a webcam/a Guy Fawks mask and a voice synthesizer, all freely and cheaply available. If you really think anonymous are even slightly interested in Ireland's water charges then you are clearly clutching at straws.

• Advertisement

If you don't like them you will get a chance to vote them out at the next GE as per the democratic process, As for the toxic water....are you about to go on another fluoride rant? :rolleyes:

Or

You know

It was just some kid in his bedroom using a webcam/a Guy Fawks mask and a voice synthesizer, all freely and cheaply available. If you really think anonymous are even slightly interested in Ireland's water charges then you are clearly clutching at straws.

They are in Ireland too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVZWvNJ-lY

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No, You will now be paying MORE to help pay for the upgrade of the infrastructure that treats and transports water to and from homes, Is it really that hard for you to get? You paid before, you will now pay more.....get over it :rolleyes:

The issue people have is having to pay a private company a new bill (with its inevitable upward revisions) and having to be subject to the whims of said private company.

Some people just don't want to understand that.

99% of the population understand that water treatment and provision have to be paid for and are generally fine with that. We've been paying for it all the time.

It's "Irish Water" that's the issue for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

LOL anonymous haven't been relevant since the scientology op from years ago, they are fractured beyond belief thank's to the way they work which used to be their strongest asset but is now their weakest as all the older actual capable hackers have likely moved on to white hating and industry security jobs.

The current lot are constantly make threats and follow through on none of them apart from taking down a site for a day with some cheap DDOS'ing hardly ground breaking stuff, the vast majority of them are just a bunch of script kiddies acting hard behind a keyboard and playing at freedom fighter.

If you honestly think anything will come of this your more deluded than I thought

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL anonymous haven't been relevant since the scientology op from years ago, they are fractured beyond belief thank's to the way they work which used to be their strongest asset but is now their weakest as all the older actual capable hackers have likely moved on to white hating and industry security jobs.

The current lot are constantly make threats and follow through on none of them apart from taking down a site for a day with some cheap DDOS'ing hardly ground breaking stuff, the vast majority of them are just a bunch of script kiddies acting hard behind a keyboard and playing at freedom fighter.

If you honestly think anything will come of this your more deluded than I thought
    You are calling me deluded now?
    Thanks a whole bunch.

What does that video prove? Seriously a 15 year old with windows movie maker and a spare hour or 2 would knock that out.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    The issue people have is having to pay a private company a new bill (with its inevitable upward revisions) and having to be subject to the whims of said private company.

99% of the population understand that water treatment and provision have to be paid for and are generally fine with that. We've been paying for it all the time.

Here we go again :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

You are calling me deluded now?
    Thanks a whole bunch.

Good response there, ignoring all the points I raised cus you know they are true and are currently shattering the bizarre little reality you cocoon yourself in while instead choosing to focus on my perfectly valid observation of your posting history

People should not fill in the form nor pay any bills, march as much as possible, vote for Independents and Sinn Fein and let the Government pay for their treasonous behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

People should not fill in the form nor pay any bills, march as much as possible, vote for Independents and Sinn Fein and let the Government pay for their treasonous behaviour.

NO.

And what will they do?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Good response there, ignoring all the points I raised cus you know they are true and are currently shattering the bizarre little reality you cocoon yourself in while instead choosing to focus on my perfectly valid observation of your posting history
    I really don't care whether or not they are true or not, why don't you try to contact the group and find out somehow.

I have no affiliation with them.
    I am sticking up for the rights of the Irish people and that is all I care about.
    Have a good day, no malice intended.

Tony EH wrote: »

Funny the way there's always a reason for people to justify not paying a tax.

If it wasn't the 'Irish Water' issue, I'm sure you'd be able to come up with something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I really don't care whether or not they are true or not, why don't you try to contact the group and find out somehow.

I have no afilliation with them.
    I am sticking up for the rights of the Irish people and that is all I care about.
    Have a good day, no malice intended.

I suppose SF will give you a Free TV if elected to power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well a Youtube channel certainly proves that there's a large well organised movement at play in the country. Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Funny the way there's always a reason for people to justify not paying a tax.

If it wasn't the 'Irish Water' issue, I'm sure you'd be able to come up with something else.

No, I'd be happy if they'd raised tax to help fix the problems with the water supply, ring-fenced it, so it would be used directly and then eased it back a few years down the line.

Your new Irish Water bill is just going to rise and rise because you're paying for a private business concern (or will be in future) and all of the subsequent costs that such an entity demands.

Irish Water is the issue, not paying for water, which we've always done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

That's it but people that have their own private wells had to pay for other peoples water also. It's fairer this way you pay for what you use.

Sinn Fein didn't create this quango and burden to the whole of Ireland, the Inglorious Bast***s at the helm of Enda did.

http://www.thejournal.ie/labour-tds-and-senators-spin-the-budget-1726244-Oct2014/

It was a dig at the water everywhere link ;)

Sinn Fein didn't create this quango and burden to the whole of Ireland, the Inglorious Bast***s at the helm of Enda did.

Ah stop with the Sinn Fein are great bolloxollogy would ya ffs they are a bunch of deluded muppets who claim they will tax the rich and give everyone free everything but can never seem to explain where the money will come from.

If SF ever get in you can stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye ;)

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If SF ever get in you can stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye ;)

If SF ever get in, me and thousands of other middle income taxpayers who've been keeping the Country afloat, will be on the first plane out of here.

Would almost be worth it to see the bemused faces on their supporters as they slowly realise the country's being flushed down the toilet and there's no money to pay for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

micosoft wrote: »
    We elect a Government to govern. The clue is in the name. You're not contracting a contractor. I really think a lesson in what representative democracy is and is not should be a sticky around these parts.

And the government of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea also governs.
    :pac:

Of course it's contractual. We elect, for a specific period, people to represent our interests in the management of the country, and pay them in this capacity. FFS we even pay them pensions based on these jobs! If we can't sack them for breach of contract then what's the point?

Hire a carpenter to make a staircase. I know nothing about woodwork. His contract gives the carpenter employment for 2 months - but after 3 weeks it becomes obvious he is not doing anything to build a staircase. I sack him!

So like complete moronic fools people will keep voting for the main parties here like the Americans keep doing?

It is no wonder this Country is the way it is.

And the government of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea also governs.
    :pac:

Of course it's contractual. We elect, for a specific period, people to represent our interests in the management of the country, and pay them in this capacity. FFS we even pay them pensions based on these jobs! If we can't sack them for breach of contract then what's the point?

Hire a carpenter to make a staircase. I know nothing about woodwork. His contract gives the carpenter employment for 2 months - but after 3 weeks it becomes obvious he is not doing anything to build a staircase. I sack him!

If they are doing such a terrible job, why has there not been a vote of no confidence in the government? If Shinners and co are so sure the gov is ****ed why not get them out and get a GE going?

• Advertisement

You all should read the Budget Live thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement