Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview - PME in Primary Teaching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    I bought mine on amazon.. there are some on there ranging from £5 up. Mine I think cost £14. look on ebay and donedeal.. make sure to look at what connections will suit your laptop. I know, its all money :eek:

I hope my laptop will last the distance!! My brother is in IT so he will be on speed dial!
    What kind of storage will you be using?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Well everyone,

I got an email today saying I got offered a place with Dianchúrsa‏. Woohoo!! I saw that Mo Chuisle and louiseB900 have been recommended to do this course but is there anyone else out there or does anyone else know about this course?? I couldn't care less about having to do this course after failing the Irish in the Pat's interview in May anything to improve I am willing to undertake. Now to buy the book ‘Gramadach Gan Stró’ by Éamonn Ó Dónaill and start studying. It's all happening so fast - need to get my head around it all!!!

Anyone have the link to the facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Well everyone,

I got an email today saying I got offered a place with Dianchúrsa‏. Woohoo!! I saw that Mo Chuisle and louiseB900 have been recommended to do this course but is there anyone else out there or does anyone else know about this course?? I couldn't care less about having to do this course after failing the Irish in the Pat's interview in May anything to improve I am willing to undertake. Now to buy the book ‘Gramadach Gan Stró’ by Éamonn Ó Dónaill and start studying. It's all happening so fast - need to get my head around it all!!!

Anyone have the link to the facebook page?

Well done you!!! PM me your name, I'll find you on FB and I'll add you :-) Let me know what your profile pic looks like so I'm not adding a randomer to our group lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

Stew.z.ger, are you setting up the fb page??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JBells22

Karkar athlete when did you do your interview?? Currently waiting to hear!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Godeo

Hi all. I just got an email yesterday confirming I was accepted and found this thread so congrats to all that have got their places and good luck to all waiting on news and have yet to do interviews. Can I join the face book page stew.z.ger? I'll send you a pm if that is ok. I think we are going to be very busy for the next 2 years but it will be worth it. Has anyone any idea re finding placements for December or are you waiting till after induction in Maynooth?

Howyaaaaa7 wrote: »
    Stew.z.ger, are you setting up the fb page??

Hey Howyaaaaa nope I didn't set it up, one of the other girls did.. why do you ask?? Don't say there is another page set up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shinareeta

Hey stew.g.zer,

Any idea how I join the fb page that's been set up?

shinareeta wrote: »
    Hey stew.g.zer,

Any idea how I join the fb page that's been set up?

What's your name i'll add you.. PM me if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    What's your name i'll add you.. PM me if you want

Hey I pm'd you, don't know if you got it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Sonshine

shinareeta wrote: »
    Hi sonshine,

I'm in the same boat as you! Have my interview tomorrow evening (26th)! I applied back before the original deadline but was too sitting the LC Irish and was also away for 3 weeks in July! What time you in at tomorrow? I wonder when we will hear back because the induction is fairly soon!
    Have you all applied for bank loans for the fees?
    Does anyone know when the first placement block will be?

Sorry! Only seeing this now! I was there 11:10, I was really really nervous and English went well enough but it wasn't great in the Irish part. They didn't even ask me anything I hadn't prepared for but I just panicked and it was all a bit rushed :,-( I won't be holding my breath I'm afraid but will let u know all the same! All interviewers were really lovely though!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

Awww Sonshine thats how we all felt-dont worry, I think we are all so hard on ourselves and we dont know what level the interviewers are looking for so relax now and the best of luck!!!!!

So im in! Have to do the dianchursa! But glad to be in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

well done jbells.
    sonshine I was the same we all were. hopefully u will hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shinareeta

Sonshine wrote: »
    Sorry! Only seeing this now! I was there 11:10, I was really really nervous and English went well enough but it wasn't great in the Irish part. They didn't even ask me anything I hadn't prepared for but I just panicked and it was all a bit rushed :,-( I won't be holding my breath I'm afraid but will let u know all the same! All interviewers were really lovely though!

Hey Sonshine,

Awh im sure you did better than you think and they offer ya a place :) Had my interview this eve... Irish was tough enough and I messed up tenses a bit. Stuttered on a couple o things in English one too :/ Id say we should hear this week since course seems to start next week? Ugh fingers crossed!!

Hi all, sonshine that is exactly how I felt and doubt you will hear in the next day or so, so fingers crossed. Well done Jbells 22 you must be thrilled. I'm in the process of updating my computer, which hasn't been in use for nearly a year,to make sure all the systems are in place. I have earphones but no mic yet. Has a Facebook page been set up does anyone know

Ps finger crossed for you to shinaretta and everyone else waiting to hear back

Godeo wrote: »
    Hi all, sonshine that is exactly how I felt and doubt you will hear in the next day or so, so fingers crossed. Well done Jbells 22 you must be thrilled. I'm in the process of updating my computer, which hasn't been in use for nearly a year,to make sure all the systems are in place. I have earphones but no mic yet. Has a Facebook page been set up does anyone know

How long was it before you heard back? Last time I heard within 2days!!! :-/ thought I'd be relieved when it was over now the waiting game is killing me!!

I'm from Dundalk, so I guess the Dublin centre would be nearest? I'll try find the facebook page now. I'm glad I'm doing the dianchursa, my irish isn't great and need all the extra help I can get!! :)

Sonshine I did my interview Monday week ago(the 18th) and heard the day before yesterday. So 5 working days. I agree the waiting is hard. Did you apply to hibernia before.

• Advertisement

I have requested to join the group, I'm Helen McArdle. Sonshine, the wait is the worst. It took five working days for me too but because we have to have forms in the 1st September, I wouldn't be surprised that you hear this week! The waiting is the hardest, best of luck!

I have just sent a request also to the fb page. My profile picture is of me with a baby sling on my chest and a little girl reaching out to me. I'm wearing a pink jacket so if someone can accept me that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ELSEBELLE

Hi guys just got email from Hibernia yesterday to say i got in woo hoo cant believe it. I am living in dundalk also and i would love to join the fb group! will pm u stew. Good luck to all still awaiting exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sheilamurray

Hi! whats the story with the facebook page? can i join please :)

Hi everyone.. I think I have added everyone, if not PM me or any of us and we will add you to the facebook page..

**** Please note ****

This facebook group is only for September 2014 students.

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

Actually I'm just wondering is the group searchable now???I wonder do we have enough members now :) Yeah I agree and think it's just better to keep the facebook group for September 2014 students.:eek::P

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wilkins

I had the interview on Friday gone. Jayney I am nervous waiting now. I hope I get to know soon as it's starting in a few weeks and I'd have to tell work. I asked at the end of the interview when the course was starting and they said ' oh the start of September'!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CillDara109090

Any chance of a link to that Facebook group?

Ahhhh! I got in!! I'm in such shock and over the moon!! Haha best bday present ever :-) thanks for all the well wishes everyone it must have helped :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JanBan24

HI everyone

I am new to this thread and to Boards.ie. I was recently accepted onto PME course with Hibernia. well done to all of you on getting the interview and your Irish results that is a great hurdle to overcome. I am living in County Longford and was wondering is there anyone in the Midlands/west region that got into the course? I am looking forward to the induction day and hope to meet loads people. Best of luck to you all in the coming year ....ps is there a facebook page set up for us?

Advertisement