Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview - PME in Primary Teaching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    I got a 1.1 so over the moon!! Thank you for asking :-)

Excellent! Well done you :)

Mo Chuisle wrote: »
    Yes got my confirmatory email on the 19th of June-so just waiting now!!! Have been watching TG4 and strangely enough I actually have started enjoying Ros na Rún!!! LOL
    I’d say you are so anxious Mares88, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks a mil mo chuisle. Hope you hear very soon. It shouldnt be too long more. I'm hoping the delay on results is the accrediation from the teaching council. Aww I hope we all get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

Hi guys, been manic the last week or so hence haven’t been online! Well I had my interview-English went well but I found the Irish difficult, extremely nice interviewers and really tried to help me out. It was a constant flow of questions, changing tenses and random topics-I got thrown by a word I didn’t understand early in the interview and think that unsettled me. I now think you can’t really cram/anticipate what may be asked, it really is chit chat but know your tenses and listen to RnG…I am not holding my breath but fingers crossed..

Mo Chuisle, sounds so familiar. I felt the exact same. I felt so downhearted after the gaeilge but I hope I am over reacting! Im still wondering at times in it was i saying rachainn instead of rachaidh me and vice versa!!!
    I have heard that there is a huge amount of applicants too. Did they mention to you when we might hear? The waiting is the hardest thing isnt it. Checking my emails constantly in hope ;)

Any news stew.z.ger in relation to your interview or your results from other colleges?

• Advertisement

I am the exact same-constantly going over it in my head and doubting myself. Disheartened is the only word I would use  I was told it will be two weeks before I hear anything. There was a massive list of people that had signed in for interview before me. I also heard there was ‘Sacks’ of applications also, so I would say there is a lot of hopefuls to get through!!!! How many students in each cohort I wonder?

Yes and as the weeks go on Im dreaming up of conversations that we didnt even have!!
    When was yours last week? Yep have heard the same. Fingers crossed we are being too hard on ourselves. Not sure I asked before and they said there wasnt a cap on it but I presume there will be if there is a huge amount applying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Good luck to all those waiting! I'll be in your position hopefully next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Mares88 wrote: »
    Any news stew.z.ger in relation to your interview or your results from other colleges?

No i haven't heard a thing on college application for Dub or Hibernia. :-/ Mo Chuisle fair play to you!! Getting ancy as I sent in my application before you n you got your interview before me - eek!! I did receive my confirmation email.. I think they are just bombarded with applications! Soooooo nervous about the Irish!!! I need to start focusing on my Irish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 allykelly8421

Hi all! Best of luck to everyone interviewing!
    I have applied too and I'm extremely nervous.
    Can I ask, how much notice people are getting for their interview date?

• Advertisement

Mine was at the start of this week and i got 6 days notice before the interview date. I’m still thinking in Irish still and having little conversations with myself-I actually feel sick when I think about the interview though!!!!! Hopefully we are being too hard on ourselves-fingers crossed… I know a girl in for interview 16th and the 21st so you will be called soon stew.z.ger and allykelly8421-BEST OF LUCK!!!!

hi all! got news today, got in pending my irish results!! couldn't believe my eyes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 allykelly8421

I have another week so at least....thanks Mo Chuisle!
    It's hard to know what prep to be doing at this stage. One minute I think I'm doing fairly well and the next minute I'm stressing wondering about different things that come up! :/
    Congrats Mares88! If your Irish interview was enough to impress then I'm sure your Irish results will be enough! :)

It's hard to know what prep to be doing at this stage. One minute I think I'm doing fairly well and the next minute I'm stressing wondering about different things that come up! :/
    Congrats Mares88! If your Irish interview was enough to impress then I'm sure your Irish results will be enough! :)

the waitng is the worst allykelly, dont over do it u will fly it! yes fingers crossed now! wishing you all the very best of luck! !

the waitng is the worst allykelly, dont over do it u will fly it! yes fingers crossed now! wishing you all the very best of luck! !

Mares88 wrote: »

It's so hard to actually prep for everything they 'might' ask-Mares88- I got news yesterday too-I'm just over the moon,can't believe it,I found the Gaeilge so hard- in total shock!!!!!!
    Best of luck everyone waiting on a date..

It's so hard to actually prep for everything they 'might' ask-Mares88- I got news yesterday too-I'm just over the moon,can't believe it,I found the Gaeilge so hard- in total shock!!!!!!

yayyyyy ! well done! see ya in sept fingers crossed!

yayyyyy ! well done! see ya in sept fingers crossed!

Well done Mares88-thrilled!!!!! It's a very quiet about this cohort..I'm bursting with excitement!! The hard work starts now...wellinSeptember!!!

Well done Mares88-thrilled!!!!! It's a very quiet about this cohort..I'm bursting with excitement!! The hard work starts now...wellinSeptember!!!

very quiet. what part of the country are you in?

• Advertisement

Mo Chuisle and Mares88 ☆★☆ WELL DONE ☆★☆ Still haven't heard.. I've a feeling it will be this week.. I'm thrilled for you both!! You are gonna be Primary School Teachers - eek!!!!!! ♡

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Mo Chuisle and Mares88 ☆★☆ WELL DONE ☆★☆ Still haven't heard.. I've a feeling it will be this week.. I'm thrilled for you both!! You are gonna be Primary School Teachers - eek!!!!!! ♡

I know, driving past schools like a weirdo wondering when I will have a classroom of my own!! Yayyyyyy!!

Wishing you the VERY BEST of luck :)

Well any word stew.z.ger????? So excited, have all my peperwork and deposit gone off so its getting real now. I'm in Wicklow Mares88. Are we the only two doing it?!!! LOL its soooooooo quiet!!!!!

absolutely! Oh god Im still waiting on my irish results! Could be celebrating for nothing eeeekkk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm so jealous and so nervous about my application next year! Any tips for me to consider now?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WAITING ON YOUR IRISH RESULTS Mares88?

Well any word stew.z.ger????? So excited, have all my peperwork and deposit gone off so its getting real now. I'm in Wicklow Mares88. Are we the only two doing it?!!! LOL its soooooooo quiet!!!!!

Yes I have received a date.... I'll let you know how I got on when I've done the interview ;-)

Really nervous!! I dont know what to look at.... :-0

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WAITING ON YOUR IRISH RESULTS Mares88?[/quote

I think Mares88 is waiting on LC results :-D

Oh yeah apologies-I'm a feather head today-no problem to your Mares88,you'll be fine-wow you have your hands full LC&maternity leave!!!!
    The best of luck with your interview stew.z.ger-let us know how it goes..

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    I'm so jealous and so nervous about my application next year! Any tips for me to consider now?

Dont be nervous and listen to as much TnG and RnG as you can-they will really help!

Advertisement