Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview - PME in Primary Teaching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

Mares88 is there an English version of this book-i got the Irish version-never saw the Bearla option :(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

Mo Chuisle wrote: »
    Mares88 is there an English version of this book-i got the Irish version-never saw the Bearla option :(

mo chuisle I came across a thread before that said the same author had a book in English too. id say we are better off with gaeilge heading into hibernia now though. I have an English one its very good but finf myself transferring the English to irish!!

mo chuisle I came across a thread before that said the same author had a book in English too. id say we are better off with gaeilge heading into hibernia now though. I have an English one its very good but finf myself transferring the English to irish!!

uh wish I got the English version!!!! Not long now guys :)

I know! 2 weeks on Saturday! Yippee!!
    Did you do your photo on a phone? Need to do mine tonight. Have the forms ready to go! So exciting :)
    Ugh Monday mornings... this time two years fingers crossed we will be all be looking forward to our dream jobs! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

Did anyone who received their irish result in the leaving cert forward it on to hibernia?

Mine was taken with a proper camera-just because it was handy-I'm sure the camera on your phone would be perfect too :)

Howyaaaaa7 wrote: »
    Did anyone who received their irish result in the leaving cert forward it on to hibernia?

No will be sending mine tomorrow with my application acceptance

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JBells22

Well, have hibernia interview tomorrow night. Was wondering do we have to read a passage in the irish part of the interview?

Hi JBells22-Best of Luck for the interview tonight!!!! I didn't have to read any passage and as far as I know that is not part of the Hibernia interview, I know you have to for other college interviews. Let us know how it all goes :)

• Advertisement

Oh great, thanks. I didn't think so but wanted to double check with someone who did it! Very nervous but hopefully it goes ok! Will let you know!!! :)

No, I didnt have to read anything either. Just caint agus comhrá.

Do any of you know anything about the tax relief?
    I was off up to this june for Maternity Leave and wasnt working. Would I be better requesting the receipt in my partners name? As he has been working the whole time.

I am very last minute on this!!!

JBells22 wrote: »
    Oh great, thanks. I didn't think so but wanted to double check with someone who did it! Very nervous but hopefully it goes ok! Will let you know!!! :)

The very best of luck jbells22! Just stay relaxed if you can and you will be fine!

Thank you, not long now, just trying to remain calm... :)

You'll be fine JBells22, do try stay calm, especially in the Gaeilge GOOD LUCK ;)

Mares88-I know NOTHING about the tax relief and didn't even know about it untill a few weeks ago! Have you looked up revenu.ie? It is a bit Double Dutch...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 murphr62

Hey everyone, got accepted too, so excited :D does anyone know for the induction do we have to be in maynooth at half eight or can we just go anytime that day?

murphr62 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, got accepted too, so excited :D does anyone know for the induction do we have to be in maynooth at half eight or can we just go anytime that day?

Woohoo well done!
    Not sure, im sure they will tell us when we pay :)

You'll be fine JBells22, do try stay calm, especially in the Gaeilge GOOD LUCK ;)

Mares88-I know NOTHING about the tax relief and didn't even know about it untill a few weeks ago! Have you looked up revenu.ie? It is a bit Double Dutch...

Now Mo Chuisle, I popped into the tax office today!
    They told me that as its a full time course we will be exempt from the 1st 1350 or something and can only claim off 7grand a year. So she said we could be getting 1400 back next year providing we have paid d tax.
    Next year the same amount comes off so we might only get 300 back.
    I told her it was a part time course through a private college so hopefully shes right.
    That would be a great help!
    I posted off my acceptance forms today after much deliberation. I was thinking of postponing until april with the new baby but i said feck it im just going for it now. The thoughts of waiting 7 months to start is not appealing to me in the slightest. This time next year we will be half way there :):)

What are ye saying about tax relief? I'm so lost and have no clue about taxes! Any one else gonna be in enniscorthy? :)

What are ye saying about tax relief? I'm so lost and have no clue about taxes! Any one else gonna be in enniscorthy? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Hi everyone just wondering for those that got accepted when is the exact date of the induction day in Maynooth? I saw that Mares88 mentioned earlier that it is on in two weeks!! I only had my interview last night and was told I would know within 10 working days which is really tight - not that I want to get ahead of myself!! I just have something planned for the weekend of the 30th of August which I can't avoid!

Hi everyone just wondering for those that got accepted when is the exact date of the induction day in Maynooth? I saw that Mares88 mentioned earlier that it is on in two weeks!! I only had my interview last night and was told I would know within 10 working days which is really tight - not that I want to get ahead of myself!! I just have something planned for the weekend of the 30th of August which I can't avoid!

Karkar, fingers crossed you get it! There's online induction on the first of sept and on site Induction in maynooth on the 6th! The deposits and registration stuff have to be in by Friday so I'd say you'll hear before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Mares88 wrote: »
    No, I didnt have to read anything either. Just caint agus comhrá.

Do any of you know anything about the tax relief?
    I was off up to this june for Maternity Leave and wasnt working. Would I be better requesting the receipt in my partners name? As he has been working the whole time.

I am very last minute on this!!!

Hey Mares.. I have everything in ny name so that I can get tax relief on it. I think we have 6 years to claim it. I'm not sure about putting it into ur partners name. Ask citizens advice....

Not long now - eeeekk!!

So my interview went well, here's hoping! Hope I won't be waiting too long...

stew, tax office said once i can get receipt in Martys name Im ok as he has defo paid enough tax to claim it back!
    So I have just sent off my fabulous photo!!! Morto...
    So excited now, deposit is gone forms sent off, not long left at all!
    IMAGINE! We are going to be sooooo busy!
    Are we all working?
    Going to purchase myself an academic diary today. Need to be super super organised!

Well done JBells! Hope you hear soon!

Dont quote me on enniscorthy, I know theres one this year but it depends where people are based and they kinda try get it as close as possible!

stew, tax office said once i can get receipt in Martys name Im ok as he has defo paid enough tax to claim it back!
    So I have just sent off my fabulous photo!!! Morto...
    So excited now, deposit is gone forms sent off, not long left at all!
    IMAGINE! We are going to be sooooo busy!
    Are we all working?
    Going to purchase myself an academic diary today. Need to be super super organised!

Well done JBells! Hope you hear soon!

Dont quote me on enniscorthy, I know theres one this year but it depends where people are based and they kinda try get it as close as possible!

Aww fantabulous!!! At least that one is sorted!!

Oh I bought an academic diary too... Totally organised!! I have this Gramadach gan Stró book and I seriously better open it!! I am working in a garage at the minute and I am trying to look for another job that I can work my life around its just very difficult as not many employers will want to facilitate someone that is going on placement blocks and the Gaeltacht..

This is going to be a challenge but I am so up for it!

Fair play to you especially with working and having a baby!!!! Go girl!!

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Aww fantabulous!!! At least that one is sorted!!

Oh I bought an academic diary too... Totally organised!! I have this Gramadach gan Stró book and I seriously better open it!! I am working in a garage at the minute and I am trying to look for another job that I can work my life around its just very difficult as not many employers will want to facilitate someone that is going on placement blocks and the Gaeltacht..

This is going to be a challenge but I am so up for it!

Fair play to you especially with working and having a baby!!!! Go girl!!

Yeah me too! Determined. Sure you have a great result in your degree behind you! I rang my old Primary School today so hopefully they will take me for my 1st placement!
    Gramadach gan stró will be my next purchase!
    Yeah I think I will pick up a job in year 2 that will let me do what I like!!!!!!! Id say im in for some wake up call!!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Thanks murphr62 - what does the online registration entail do you know? I am possibly away that day - it's a Sunday is it?

Also JBells22 here's hoping that we find out soon and that we are successful. I already been unsuccessful with Pat's this year because otherwise I have no other plan for the next 6 months/year - no job, no nothing!! :/

Thanks murphr62 - what does the online registration entail do you know? I am possibly away that day - it's a Sunday is it?

Also JBells22 here's hoping that we find out soon and that we are successful. I already been unsuccessful with Pat's this year because otherwise I have no other plan for the next 6 months/year - no job, no nothing!! :/

Online one is an inductioninduction, we don't have any details on either induction day yet, just know the date and that's it!

• Advertisement

Yeah me too! Determined. Sure you have a great result in your degree behind you! I rang my old Primary School today so hopefully they will take me for my 1st placement!
    Gramadach gan stró will be my next purchase!
    Yeah I think I will pick up a job in year 2 that will let me do what I like!!!!!!! Id say im in for some wake up call!!

Yeh I'm sure my degree will stand to me.. I'm just nervous about my Gaeilge.. I need to look for placement. My old school has all mixed classes as it is quite a small school. My friend who is a primary school teacher told me to look for somewhere that doesn't have mixed classes so I am on the hunt.. I think I would like older children at the start as I am used to working with the younger ones from doing Childcare, but look as long as I get a nice school who cares really..

Mares.. I'm thinking more of getting rid of my job in year 2 not getting one.. I'd say it will be harder. My friend is in her second year with Hibernia and she was saying that it was €425 for her accommodation at the Gaeltacht. ??? WTF... Spain anyone...

We seriously need to set up a Facebook page..

Advertisement