Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview - PME in Primary Teaching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hic87

Howyaaaaa7 wrote: »
    I got offered my place on Friday :) couldn't believe how quickly I heard back, still waiting for my irish result on weds eeeeek!! I'm based in galway so hoping I don't have to go too far either ... If I get the c3. The on site introduction is in nuim, is that for everyone around Ireland?

Well done, how did you find the irish interview? I have my lc result wednesday too... so nervous waiting to see if I got in and if I got my Irish! wish this week was over...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

I found the irish interview ok, I could understand everything but it went so quickly I don't know what was coming out of my mouth. It was difficult going from the English interview to the irish, I definitely would have rathered the irish first. Anyways it goes so quickly even if I had learned off sentences I probably wouldn't have used them.
    How did you find your one? Hopefully we both see high honours on weds !!!

Hope so too, was one man writing in your irish? he had a line down the middle of the page in mine n was writing away but he asked me no q's at the end! I couldnt remember the future tense for to eat, something we learn in primary school, felt like running out then! I was most worried about the modh coll question, I flew through that with no bother! Its so hard to know, yeah going staight to Irish was hard, this waiting afterwards is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

Hey everybody! great news to hear more have been accepted. such a relief. how are you all feeling about the irish? I don't think il sleep tonight!! does anyone know where the results go? to the school where we did exam or our house? iv a meeting in work in at 9.30 so I need to have them first!!! cant imagine waiting until 12! :(

Mares88 wrote: »
    Hey everybody! great news to hear more have been accepted. such a relief. how are you all feeling about the irish? I don't think il sleep tonight!! does anyone know where the results go? to the school where we did exam or our house? iv a meeting in work in at 9.30 so I need to have them first!!! cant imagine waiting until 12! :(
    Hi, the results are available from the school you sat your exam in at 10am tomorrow and online at 12!

• Advertisement

hic87 wrote: »
    Hi, the results are available from the school you sat your exam in at 10am tomorrow and online at 12!

I rang the SEC and they told me they would be posted to my house and not the school :( I will have to try and track down postie on my way to work!! :p

I rang the SEC and they told me they would be posted to my house and not the school :( I will have to try and track down postie on my way to work!! :p

Could you call into your post office and tell them to hold your post there in the morning, then you will have it when they open first thing.... Im so nervous, it seems so long ago that we sat it!
    Did anybody else waiting to hear from Hibernia get an email today sayin they were doing a moderate process and will let us know before 22nd of August? when is the first induction day?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Last year I went to the post office depot and got it straight away. You will be fine. I remember the feeling I had but seriously you will be grand :-)

Peeps.... How are you doing your pics for the student card? I understand tgat I have to save it to JPEG but are you taking the pic of yourself and doing it that way??

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Last year I went to the post office depot and got it straight away. You will be fine. I remember the feeling I had but seriously you will be grand :-)

how did u get on last year? I couldnt even say how iv got on!! all I keep thinking of is my grinds teacher saying they want u to do well!!

• Advertisement

hic87 wrote: »
    Could you call into your post office and tell them to hold your post there in the morning, then you will have it when they open first thing.... Im so nervous, it seems so long ago that we sat it!
    Did anybody else waiting to hear from Hibernia get an email today sayin they were doing a moderate process and will let us know before 22nd of August? when is the first induction day?

think its 8th sept? are you on education posts? I seen something along those lines in a forum there. hope its just a formality.

Peeps.... How are you doing your pics for the student card? I understand tgat I have to save it to JPEG but are you taking the pic of yourself and doing it that way??

think its 8th sept? are you on education posts? I seen something along those lines in a forum there. hope its just a formality.

I know, no im not on that! only for this forum i'd be lost! im sure lots would agree that you's have been a big help through interviews ect, I just hope they'll let us know before next friday, all this waiting is a killer.... may get tomorrow over with first :-)

will attempt that tomoro eve fingers crossed!! I presume il get someone to take it! cant wait to be a student arís ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

The best of luck everyone waiting on results tomorrow-You will all be fine- all C3's and above :)

I got my husband to take my photo for the student card and sent it off..Saturday the 6th of September in Maynooth is the induction, online lectures start w/c 15th of September.

I have a friend who applied also and she got an email saying they were doing a moderate process and will send word before 22nd of August-what is that about?!

Did anyone request feedback on the Gaeilge interview, I did and got a phone call last week-found it so informative and helpful especially in the areas I need to work on-nice to hear what the interviewers thought too considering we are all so hard on ourselves and it's like a blur when you you come out!

Mo Chuisle wrote: »
    The best of luck everyone waiting on results tomorrow-You will all be fine- all C3's and above :)

I got my husband to take my photo for the student card and sent it off..Saturday the 6th of September in Maynooth is the induction, online lectures start w/c 15th of September.

I have a friend who applied also and she got an email saying they were doing a moderate process and will send word before 22nd of August-what is that about?!

Did anyone request feedback on the Gaeilge interview, I did and got a phone call last week-found it so informative and helpful especially in the areas I need to work on-nice to hear what the interviewers thought too considering we are all so hard on ourselves and it's like a blur when you you come out!

did you just email for the gaeilge? I might do that too. going to purchase the grammar book after tomorrow and start reading. did you get the gaeilge or bearla version?

Mo Chuisle wrote: »

I have a friend who applied also and she got an email pool saying they were doing a moderate process and
    will send word before 22nd of August-what is that about?!

Hey.. thanks I'll do my pic tomor. Sean rang me yday, it was so good to get feedback about the Gaeilge - really boosted my confidence. I got my book today so may get reading.

That's wierd about people not hearing til the 22nd.. strange!! It's like they are wondering who they are going to let in..... very strange!!

Do any of you work? Got unlimited broadband today - eek!!

how did u get on last year? I couldnt even say how iv got on!! all I keep thinking of is my grinds teacher saying they want u to do well!!

It's so stressful but chin up.. you'll be ok. I got a B really shocked myself. Listen as long as you get a C3 who cares.. You will do great X

Hey.. thanks I'll do my pic tomor. Sean rang me yday, it was so good to get feedback about the Gaeilge - really boosted my confidence. I got my book today so may get reading.

That's wierd about people not hearing til the 22nd.. strange!! It's like they are wondering who they are going to let in..... very strange!!

Do any of you work? Got unlimited broadband today - eek!!

did you email for feedback?

working full time at the mo. baby due in feb so I dunno will I be returning after maternity leave. I feel 2nd year will b too intense! arevu working?

Yep working full time at the moment!!! Mares88 you really are busy college,work and new baby!!!

• Advertisement

got an A2 in my gaeilge! yippeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xxmwahxx1

Best of luck to everyone getting their Irish results today

I had my Hibernia interview on the 8th of July and I'm STILL waiting to hear.
    I got that email that they sent saying that it could be up until the 22nd of August before I find out. Longest waiting period ever!!

Well done Mares88-fantastic result!!

Woo I got a b3 absolutely delighted. Now to sort out payments for the course and il be on my way. Getting excited now :) I hope everyone here had good news when they opened their results today :)

Mares and Howyaaaa - Huge Congrats!!!!!! Woooohooooo!!! See y'all in Maynooth for induction!! :D:D:D

I am working part time at the moment while also getting social welfare because I'm on casual employment. Is anyone else in the same shoes as me? Just wondering have you been in touch with your local office ?

Howyaaaaa7 wrote: »
    I am working part time at the moment while also getting social welfare because I'm on casual employment. Is anyone else in the same shoes as me? Just wondering have you been in touch with your local office ?

Well done on the gaeilge!! :)
    I am not in that position, but I will be on Maternity Leave next feb and it will be impossible for me to return to a full time job with the amount of time we need off in year 2. Its crazy so it is - 7 weeks before xmas and 10 after! Are you going to enquire? Im sure it wont affect u until we have a teaching practice and you have to get in to sign on. Dunno how the hell im going to pay for this either!!!

Fantastic news Howyaaaaa7 and Mares88-see ye in Maynooth...Money is a major issue with me too Mares88-I'll just have to quieten down and watch the pennys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Blablacat

did you just email for the gaeilge? I might do that too. going to purchase the grammar book after tomorrow and start reading. did you get the gaeilge or bearla version?

There's an English version? 😭

• Advertisement

Blablacat wrote: »
    There's an English version? 😭

I read somewhere there was because when I started revising for LC I got nollaig mac congáils irish grammar book in English as I literally didnt have a focal. found it great. going to get the irish version of this though.

Advertisement